WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

How bad does Leonte Carroo have to suck? I refuse to believe a guy the Dolphins once evaluated to be worth a draft day trade up to the tune of an extra 6th, 3rd, and 4th is that bad.

I BET he is better than Albert Wilson. I just don't think Adam Gase has any clue how to evaluate talent. And I can draw this conclusion based on the fact that he had no idea either Jay Ajayi or Kenyan Drake were good players until injuries FORCED him to play those two.

I liked the signing but 27 year old pass rushers tend to net more in trade. Bad back and a brain tumor. He could go either way but let's keep in mind it's been some years since he was a force. Hence the price tag.

Stop it.

Quinn found out about the brain tumor his senior year in high school, it shocked the entire team and school at the time, went to see about it and it was removed the benign tumor and he missed a month. Finished the year at school and was at practice every day.

Then hasn’t had any issues with it since he found out about it and got it taken care of. The brain tumor has/had zero effect with his playing ability.

Stop it.

Quinn found out about the brain tumor his senior year in high school, it shocked the entire team and school at the time, went to see about it and it was removed and he missed a month. Finished the year by not missing anymore games.

Then hasn’t had any issues with it since he found out about it and got it taken care of. The brain tumor has/had zero effect with his playing ability.

Just sayin. People are acting like it was a slam dunk. Again, I liked the signing. Regardless of it working out or not, we didn't get bent over in the value department ... which is basically our achilles heel. But there are obvious risks here ... or else there would've been a bidding war and Tbum would've splooged all over himself and forked over a 1st round pick. Brain tumor factors into the risk, like it or not.

Probably won't be an issue but it is what it is.

Just sayin. People are acting like it was a slam dunk. Again, I liked the signing. Regardless of it working out or not, we didn't get bent over in the value department ... which is basically our achilles heel. But there are obvious risks here ... or else there would've been a bidding war and Tbum would've splooged all over himself and forked over a 1st round pick. Brain tumor factors into the risk, like it or not.

Probably won't be an issue but it is what it is.

No I have no problem with your post it’s just the whole brain tumor thing. I was one of the first people to hug him once I saw him again at practice.

He was a brother of mine from HS.

If the tumor is still impacting negotiations for him, then the entire NFL is run by morons, which actually isn’t to damn far fetched LOL.

Landry is currently slotted to play on the one year $16 million franchise tag for Cleveland.

Maybe they will come to a long term agreement, but that's how it stands.

He might have played here on that same tag. Boom. $16 million, all this year.

Albert Wilson will sign for a reported 3 years, $24 million with $12 million guaranteed.

If his 2018 salary is the veteran minimum ($790,000), he will make $4,790,000 in 2018 (salary plus 1/3 of his guarantee).

But keep screaming "oh my god, we're playing this player i know nothing about $8 million."

No I have no problem with your post it’s just the whole brain tumor thing. I was one of the first people to hug him once I saw him again at practice.

He was a brother of mine from HS.

One of the few signings I liked, brain tumor or not. I read it was benign, didn't know it had been totally removed.

I could be (probably am) nuts but don't I remember him missing the game against us because there were some complications there? That was the first I'd heard of it. Kind of odd if it had been removed.

Yea but most blasting this signing have no clue who this kid is. The player sucks, the FO sucks all because they don't know the player.

Good stuff.
The front office sucks for a number of reasons. Fans don't need to evaluate the signing of a slot wr to come to that conclusion. I have no idea how this works out but it's the same song every year. Fans were asking us to wait for the season to start to see how great Kiko looked and Branch, and Thomas and on an on. I'm not sure why people are surprised that some fans doubt every move when we have made so many bad moves

There are some sad sad responses in this thread. It's okay to go outside and enjoy life every now and then.

everyone is entitled to their opinion. I can't be bothered that someone else is bothered about a football team

Not happy at all. I could have lived with 6 million... I guess. But with this team looking like a top 10 draft team next year i figured wed st least try to use Carroo and Grant and see what they can do. Nope, let's overpay a WR whose done almost nothing in his career. 6 million more for Landry had to be worth it.

How do you know the gtd amount is not 6M a year? And grant is not a slot receiver. Caroo obv just sucks and they have no faith in him whatsoever. But I'm sure Parker will get injured again this year so Caroo will get some playing time.

This wreaks of my "insanity" complaint going back to the Ireland days. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. COUNTING on a player to be something he has never been. Healthy, productive, able to play a different position, able to change his attitude, young again, etc.

This move isn't that bad in terms of ability but if they sign Ed Dickson (for more than vet. min.), it will stink up the place once again.

Good keep adding more speed to the offense. Gase needs to open things up more in 2018. Still need to fix the O-Line though.

If it isn't bad in terms of ability, and he's already healthy, productive, not needing to change position, young, no attitude problem, how does this wreak of your insanity complaint?

How do you know the gtd amount is not 6M a year? And grant is not a slot receiver. Caroo obv just sucks and they have no faith in him whatsoever. But I'm sure Parker will get injured again this year so Caroo will get some playing time.

Fair enough, that's true. If it works out to 6 million per I can live with it. Yah Carroo I figured would get more slot looks this year but looks like not. Not that I had any faith in him either, but considering what we gave up for him it seems irresponsible at best not to give him significant snaps to prove them wrong.

He had more yards per reception (13.2) than Landry (8.8) with 70 less receptions (112:42) and will be half the price. Landry had 987 yards yet Wilson had 554. But Dolphins fans....

He did so in an offense run by Andy Reid whose passing games have consistently produced for nearly two decades, and couldn't establish himself on a team that lacked a proven receiver to start the year.

Back
Top Bottom