WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

Game changer based on what evidence
It was an attempt at sarcasm w the “game changer” narrative that’s being thrown around here to justify every good player we let walk or trade.

If only 12 is guaranteed, it'd be 4 million. Not an overpay at all.

$16 million is a huge overpay.

So we're selectively applying that logic to Wilson and not Landry ... even though one hasn't been disclosed and the other never happened? Beans that are cool.

This move was the plan all along. T-Bum just saved his job. This move makes us Super Bowl contenders

It was an attempt at sarcasm w the “game changer” narrative that’s being thrown around here to justify every good player we let walk or trade.

Sorry it's just hard being a fin fan to know the difference anymore. Landry and Suh gone but Pouncey still here not sure that is a culture change.

While his numbers are relatively pedestrian, the allure of Wilson is his versatility.

Miami has vowed to find players who have position flexibility and Wilson provides just that. During his final season at Georgia State, the Port St. Lucie High School grad rushed for 251 yards on yards on 24 carries. Adding a player who can make plays as a slot receiver or at the “F” position, as well as in the backfield adds another dimension to the Dolphins’ offense. Wilson will also be relied upon to contribute in the return game.

With the signing of Wilson, the Dolphins will now have a receiver on the field at the same time as Kenyan Drake who they can hand the ball off to, in an effort to manage Drake’s workload. While Tyreek Hill was the wide receiver who took his fair share of handoffs with the Chiefs, but Wilson occasionally lined up in the backfield as well.

Quinn is not avg he could easily get 15 sacks that type of talent

I liked the signing but 27 year old pass rushers tend to net more in trade. Bad back and a brain tumor. He could go either way but let's keep in mind it's been some years since he was a force. Hence the price tag.

It’s one thing when you catch 66% of your targets being a complimentary player and another when everyone in the building knows the ball is going to you. Rooting for the kid just think we over paid for unproven production. He basically got the same per year deal as Stills - a proven playmaker at the time. I don’t get it.

Because as so many here have pointed out, year-in-year-out CAP inflation. Personally, I think it's nuts. But that's why these players pay agents -- to fight tooth and nail, pitting multiple teams against each other, in order to get the max out of each contract.

The NFL is going to have their 2008 CAP always goes up crash and I can't imagine it's all that far off.

Guy can run a WR screen as good as anyone. Look at his highlights. I have a feeling this is why he is here.

Because as so many here have pointed out, year-in-year-out CAP inflation. Personally, I think it's nuts. But that's why these players pay agents -- to fight tooth and nail, pitting multiple teams against each other, in order to get the max out of each contract.

The NFL is going to have their 2008 CAP always goes up crash and I can't imagine it's all that far off.
I think it would be good for the game TBH if that type of crash happened. How much more can ticket prices, parking, popcorn, beer etc continue to rise to pay average players $8mil per year.

For 12 more catches a 500 percent raise and he was signed last year to a 1 year deal

Since I'm one of those people throwing that around over the past couple of days, I'll ask: who is/was a consistent game changer/required the opposing team to scheme for them?

Suh is the only one that even remotely comes to mind, but based on the numbers, it sure looks like some combination of our not having the right people behind him and, while other teams had to double, it was manageable.

So, I still think it's fair to ask: is/was that player a game changer if they are/were asking for position leading contract terms.

Since I'm one of those people throwing that around over the past couple of days, I'll ask: who is/was a consistent game changer/required the opposing team to scheme for them?

Suh is the only one that even remotely comes to mind, but based on the numbers, it sure looks like some combination of our not having the right people behind him and, while other teams had to double, it was manageable.

So, I still think it's fair to ask: is/was that player a game changer if they are/were asking for position leading contract terms.
If you listened to opposing coaches and o-coordinators they always talked about having to game plan around Suh and how disruptive he was. From belicheck to the coach of the chargers - whatever his name is - running off at halftime doing his obligatory interview. He uttered something about Suh being a real pain in their arses to some effect. In 2016 you had to plan for Ajai. You have to respect Stills going deep on you. You do have to try to make us beat you w Landry (and we won’t) but I really believe that was an artifact of Jay Cutler more than anything else.

Don't compare # of receptions. This guy comes from a system that doesn't throw 40 balls a season to the same guy at or behind the line of scrimmage. He also shared with a top 3 TE (especially red zone), and very good RB's capable of getting in the end zone. I have much respect for Jarvis, but if we don't change the scheme and get a real TE, this guy will have 90+ grabs, and that is not a good thing. What we were doing DID NOT WORK. Need a new system, and this guy may fit it. The comparisons are honestly useless.

Back
Top Bottom