WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

How is a player that has 7 tds compared with Landry 22, 1544 yards compared with Landry 4038 which computes for 30 to 38% of Landrys productivity over the same span, worth almost 60% of what Landry requested???????? Stupid coach and stupid front office. We are a joke! He is far from a Kenny Stills and still got almost the same money. I would be surprised if we score more points than 5 other teams next season.

Miami was the lowest scoring team making Landry their go to.

Nowhere to go but up.

Want to do some math? Landry was our top target on his 4 years with us while Wilson was not even the third target on his 4 years with Kansas City. Sorry still not doing math but I think it is so obvious

That’s also how a slot WR is supposed to be used. Not parading as a #1 when your skills aren’t worth it.

WTF has this guy done to warrant $8mm per year? We already have a speedy midget on the team - adding another one? This team is a couple of cuts away (Jones, Wake) from getting beaten in the trenches in the Lingerie League on weekly basis. Welcome to the new era of the Miami Dolphins - the pussification era. Mike Tannenbaum is a mother ****ing asshat.
This midget is 205 can block and break tackles...
I cant believe yall don like this kid.. hill and kelsey were the gamebreakers everything else was in a 10 yard box with the chiefs..

Miami was the lowest scoring team making Landry their go to.

Nowhere to go but up.

The Dolphins have been one of the lowest scoring teams for the greater part of this last decade.

It's got nothing to do with Jarvis Landry, who is the best second round pick we've drafted in the last decade, and everything to do with not having a good enough coach or quarterback.

In reality they are, people have to actually make the catches, let's not act like bad qb play did not hurt his numbers

So if Landry got targeted 161 times and made 112 catches, that means a guy like Wilson who caught 42 passes on 62 attempts, won’t put up similar numbers? Lots of guys can give us 8 yards per catch, I think Wilson put up over 13 yards per catch.

This is why this team will never win. They won't pay a guy like Landry 14mil a year but they will pay this guy 8mil a year for half the production. Just fvcking sign your own guy who was one of like 3 good players on this roster.

And Landry wants more than that, so how does offering $14m a year enter into the conversation? Not to mention, what hasn't been reported: what was Landry's demands around guarantees, bonuses, etc.

So if Landry got targeted 161 times and made 112 catches, that means a guy like Wilson who caught 42 passes on 62 attempts, won’t put up similar numbers? Lots of guys can give us 8 yards per catch, I think Wilson put up over 13 yards per catch.

Of course he can with another 40 receptions. Let's not act like he has had that avg every season or he never averaged less than 10 a reception. I guarantee he won't get half of the receptions and his average will not be any worse than Landry for his career.

He had more yards per reception (13.2) than Landry (8.8) with 70 less receptions (112:42) and will be half the price. Landry had 987 yards yet Wilson had 554. But Dolphins fans....
Yes because NFL WRs get to decide where to run their routes.

Of course he can with another 40 receptions. Let's not act like he has had that avg every season or he never averaged less than 10 a reception. I guarantee he won't get half of the receptions and his average will not be any worse than Landry for his career.
It’s one thing when you catch 66% of your targets being a complimentary player and another when everyone in the building knows the ball is going to you. Rooting for the kid just think we over paid for unproven production. He basically got the same per year deal as Stills - a proven playmaker at the time. I don’t get it.

Yes because NFL WRs get to decide where to run their routes.
Agree. This narrative is annoying. He only had that horrible average last year w that horrible QB back there. People here seem to believe not only did he decide to run his own routes, he also called the plays.

In 4 seasons his average was 16.3, 12.9, 9.0 and 13.2 so slightly better than Landry.

Back
Top Bottom