WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

WTF has this guy done to warrant $8mm per year? We already have a speedy midget on the team - adding another one? This team is a couple of cuts away (Jones, Wake) from getting beaten in the trenches in the Lingerie League on weekly basis. Welcome to the new era of the Miami Dolphins - the pussification era. Mike Tannenbaum is a mother ****ing asshat.

8 Million seems like a bit much if the teams philosophy is to not overpay and get our cap back in order. But I guess the philosophy could be to overpay when it's convenient for them.
This kid fits the culture baby. And he must be a game changer.

I like it. I think he can do anything that Jarvis did here, maybe with a little less flare and fancy cutbacks... For much less money (although 8 is a tad high, but its FA, name of the game, better than 16m)

The biggest takeaway is he has an extra gear that Landry didnt have.. it will change the dynamic of the whole passing offense (hopefully TE is coming).

I think this is more geared towards shifting the dynamic of the passing game being more vertical.

Also, expect balls to get spread around more.

Imagine DVP and Grant on one side. Stills and Wilson on the other, with Drake in the backfield. On a designed tannehill roll out, or even Playaction....... drool... could be something there. That's a lot of speed on the field. (but reality the OL will allow 2-3 defenders in immediately LOL)

LOL to anyone who likes this signing... 8 Mil a year for this scrub? can get the same production with one of our 4th round picks. But hey he has a great attitude so lets give him a salary that puts him in the top ten highest paid slot receivers in the NFL
He’s in the top ten of SLOT receivers, and It’s not your money so why you gotta pop off?

This is why this team will never win. They won't pay a guy like Landry 14mil a year but they will pay this guy 8mil a year for half the production. Just fvcking sign your own guy who was one of like 3 good players on this roster.

WR Albert Wilson is a Dolphin! Signed 3 years $24 Million. Welcome to Miami!

How is a player that has 7 tds compared with Landry 22, 1544 yards compared with Landry 4038 which computes for 30 to 38% of Landrys productivity over the same span, worth almost 60% of what Landry requested???????? Stupid coach and stupid front office. We are a joke! He is far from a Kenny Stills and still got almost the same money. I would be surprised if we score more points than 5 other teams next season.

And Landry never dropped a dam pass?

Landry’s never been that wide open vertically. Hell, has Landry ever gone vertical in our offense?

Lol! I like Landry but he’s gone and it's time to move on.

Last edited:
Significant to note that it looks like there was strong demand for Wilson to be snapped up early for $8M per season. It appears that Gase and the talent evaluators looked at all options and wanted Albert as the replacement for Jarvis.

How is a player that has 7 tds compared with Landry 22, 1544 yards compared with Landry 4038 which computes for 30 to 38% of Landrys productivity over the same span, worth almost 60% of what Landry requested???????? Stupid coach and stupid front office. We are a joke! He is far from a Kenny Stills and still got almost the same money. I would be surprised if we score more points than 5 other teams next season.

I just love how some people think this was a good signing at 8 million per. He made like 1.75. Million the previous year in free agency and a dozen more catches have him getting a 500 percent raise lol

Landry also has 400+ catches in 4 years with 22 TDs. Your math level is astounding. That means he caught a touchdown on only 5.5% of his catches. Albert Wilston caught 127 passes with 7 TDs, which means he averages 5.6% touchdowns per reception. We cut half the cost for nearly the same result. In the financial world and on the football field, that's called an upgrade.

You want to be stupid about math, let's be stupid about math.

Want to do some math? Landry was our top target on his 4 years with us while Wilson was not even the third target on his 4 years with Kansas City. Sorry still not doing math but I think it is so obvious

Back
Top Bottom