WSVN 7 reports.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WSVN 7 reports..

Originally posted by Ross
Feilder a back up? To who?

It's real easy to say Jay sits the bench next year if he is still on the team, it's another to find someone better to stand behind center.

If Jay is on the roster next year, Jay will be the man again. Especially if Wanny is back.

Better to hope that the new GM works out a trade...

It's a contingency plan. Nothing final.

I wouldn't mind seeing them keep Sage as the backup and bring in Brunell to start. A young guy can be groomed and brought in to be the future.

Clump just go away. You offer nothing to the discussions here and only stick around to try and bring the team down with thoughts of cap doom.

How many times do you have to say it and be proven wrong that we'll be just fine with the cap and once again be a good team. (10-6 is a good team especially with two missed kicks from 12-4)

The Bills suck and now have an expensive QB who couldn't start for the Phins.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Clump just go away. You offer nothing to the discussions here and only stick around to try and bring the team down with thoughts of cap doom.

How many times do you have to say it and be proven wrong that we'll be just fine with the cap and once again be a good team. (10-6 is a good team especially with two missed kicks from 12-4)

thats why we need him. something to make us feel like we can overcome or something.

I think we should hold onto Thompson & let McKnight & OG walk. We'll clear more space by letting McKnight go than Thompson. Plus the WR free agent class sucks.

Jackson, Robinson, Northcutt, Bruce among the cuts is certainly better than last year.

This of course doesn't include Toomer and Owens as well on the market.

Doesn't suck to me.

I'd cut McK, Thompson, OG all of them. We have a number one. (Chambers) some excellent complimentary guys. (Tolver and Simmons)

Draft one and sign one.

Originally posted by SMadison29
I think we should hold onto Thompson & let McKnight & OG walk. We'll clear more space by letting McKnight go than Thompson. Plus the WR free agent class sucks.

Al I have to say is:

I really hate your suggestion.

I do not feel any love here :mad:

clumps a good guy, leave him be. i was just talking about the cap with him, and it sounds about right. it's not like he's the only one predicting cap doom. have you seen the florida papers? i've only seen them say about 17 mill over. griese will cut us to what? 10 mill? thats means a lot of players will need to restructure, or be cut. theres only so many things you can do before you're in serious cap trouble.

Bledsoe sucks? didn't he have a great year last year before they took his weapons away? he doesn't have the fortune that Manning does. Colts get anyone and everyone to help out manning, while they limit bledsoe behind a bad line, and garbage WR (moulds is forever injured). give Drew a line, and some weapons and he's as dangerous as they get.

THe Dolphins are not really in bad situation next year.

Blueprint if you want to defend him fine.

He didn't offer anything to the discussion. He made a stupid face. That's not a comment.

Next, by cutting Jay and Griese gets us close to where we need to be. He routinely barks to us about the gloom. We have a bright future and plenty of maneuvers to get under the cap and have a little wiggle room.

If you watched Bledsoe at all this year you'll see he sucked big time. He had more weapons than Jay and was even worse than Jay. (And I HATE Jay) Moulds > Chambers. Reed/Shaw > Thompson/McK
Buff O-line> Mia O-line

You're a Dolphins fan man, if someone talks bad about the team I'm gonna jump em.

No clump, i have no love for your gloom posts. If you wanna talk about how we may fix the cap probs, fine I'd love to hear your opinion. If you wanna post stupid faces when someone says we'll be fine with the cap, no I don't wanna hear it and I'm gonna respond. You're entitled to post as much as anyone, but I'll respond to your non-information posts every time.

You might be tired of hearing me say it, but Brunell/Fiedler/Rivers would make a lot of sense to me for next year. That might be a lot of QB, but hopefully both Brunell and Fiedler would sign (restructure, whatever) cheap if they felt they'd have a chance to be the starter.

If Rivers is ready in 2005, things become Rivers/Fiedler. Otherwise, they become Brunell/Rivers.

You'd let Sage go then? I don't know if we can carry two QB's that are that expensive with the cap and all. Plus, Jay may force our hands by not re-structuring to allow him to go to a team and start for a few years.

There will be quite a few teams next year with young QB's who will need a mentor for a few years and heck Jay's been a QB coach already.

I would let Sage go if that fell into place. I understand that it would be tricky to finagle, but maybe a good GM who only has that job on his plate can make it work.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind too much if two of the three end up on the team. ???/Fiedler/Rivers is my least favorite scenario involving these guys, but I think it would still be a good long term move to have a guy like Fiedler there for Rivers.

Back
Top Bottom