WSVN 7 reports.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WSVN 7 reports..

well just my .02... first, everyone needs to get off Clumps back. Yea he is a Bills fan but in my experience of knowing him hes pretty unbias when it comes to the actual figures of the cap. Now he is totally bias when it comes to his enjoyment of the bad situations though.

Second, if some of you dont realize that Fielder will be the BEST backup Qb in the league your crazy. To want Griese as the backup over Fielder who already knows this team and the team loves him... yea thats logic.

Third, You guys are getting way to hyped up over all this. Just let things happen as they will and we will all see about the Cap situation soon enough. Getting upset and arguing over it now is ludacris (sp?).

Fiedler the best backup QB? I doubt that. Garcia-Rattay and Leftwich-Garrard I think is better. But a decent backup maybe.

Originally posted by Marino1983

Yeah isn't it funny how SOME Dolphin fans buy into clumpys BIASED B-S ?

:huh:

:rolleyes2

Marino1983

It amazes me that I've more Dolfans attack ME for saying what I said.

Read his first post about it, he didn't post anything. HE posted a stupid face. Yeah thanks for all teh input Clump, it helped alot.

Like has been pointed out, we already have more talent than Buffalo and we'll be just fine. We won't be keeping O-Gun so after we tender him and trade him we'll get that money back.

We have among the lowest dead cap hits in teh league.

Let me ask ya something Clump, would you rather be where we are with a good team and the ability to tweak and get better or where you are.

With a sucky team and a QB who is about to start getting paid like a madman. If you want to cut him and not pay his salary, go ahead. Then you've got to go get a new QB and use up all that "cap space" you're so fond of.

Keep posting your little faces and hoping against hope that Miami doesn't win while sitting there with your great attitude about how the Bills will win and be better each year.

Oh, how'd did your prediction of our game turn out? I remember we played and you were talking smack about the game but I can't seem to remember the score. What was it again?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

You are incorrect. Bills, Ravens, Eagles are in excellent cap shape. Fins are definitely NOT!

Yes, I understand the concept of restructuring a contract. If it's a "simple restructure", i.e. convert salary to bonus, you only add more bonus and that makes it difficult to release players in subsequent yrs.

11.5 million? I want some of that "funky stuff"

:roflmao:

I was wrong clump.......It turns out they had around 15 million to spend!!!!!

Originally posted by Section126

I was wrong clump.......It turns out they had around 15 million to spend!!!!!

two more things could happen. Ogun actually gets a deal right before the draft and we save 2 mil. fletcher gets cut and saves more. there are still ways to save money.:D i dont want Ogun to go though. sign the dude for a long time.

and i will say that clumpy was not saying cap jail too much this year. i think he saw the writing on the wall early.:D

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
PhinsmissedFG: cutting Griese and Fiedler doesn't get you close. You fail to realize that becoming cap compliant isn't the goal, you need to replace players that were released, re-sign your own FAs, and in order to improve, sign UFAs.

The one thing that the Miami FO isn't gonna give you a clear picture of the cap situation, bad PR. Is it "cap hell"? No........I've never claimed cap hell. However, do I believe "cap jail"? Absolutely and with the new article by Alex Marvez, that has only strengthened my position IMO. His article clearly misses a few important points..........1) Ricky Williams salary will increase from $2.635 million to about $3.5 million 2) Miami is likely to have a NLTBE debit both of these together will add about $1.5-2 million to the cap and 3) Miami will make a HUGE mistake by using the standard salary to bonus restructuring with guys like Taylor, it only defers until future cap years. 4) It will take about $4 million to tender your RFAs & EFAs, 5) plus you still need to fill the top 51 roster and that will take up another $1.5 million, thus Miami is REALLY about $24 million OVER.

I could go on, but I suspect we will be discussing this quite often very soon.........am I right, Muck? :lol:

Sorry Clump.......But I couldn't help myself with this "news" that we have all this cap space........

CAP JAIL!

Originally posted by Section126

I am told, that they will have around 11.5 to spend when it is all said and done.........(they spent 8.5 last season on UFA's FYI).

We ARE in a Great position.

I guess I wasn't smoking that "funny stuff?"

Originally posted by DolFan31
Drew Rosenhaus is a spaz.

They report that Marino could have some involvement with the club in the near future.

lol, they were right too, unfortunately marino left....

i clicked this thinking david boston was announced or something, i wasnt around when this thread started, lol...DAMN YOU!

Originally posted by fins1
Hey, Clumpy is a fine Crapologist.
Actually I think Clump is a fine capologist... He just can't predict the future and lets face it none of us knew for sure how much room we would have.

I think most everyone of us i this thread feel vindicated.

Especially myself.

Thanks for what you do with our numbers Clump, but when you report doom and gloom and offer nothing but silly faces it makes a little upset and we'll enjoy the vindication such as now.

Thanks for bring this out Section.

Originally posted by Oboy

Actually I think Clump is a fine capologist... He just can't predict the future and lets face it none of us knew for sure how much room we would have.

Cap jail or cap hell. Thats always our future according to clumpy. Give me a break. Like i said Crapologist at its finest.

Back
Top Bottom