WVDolphan's Get Real - Henne boo'd at practice. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Henne boo'd at practice.

Yes I do believe if the fans support a QB that he will play better and play worse when they do not. I do believe a focused and relaxed Henne will play better than when he is distracted and pressured by a bunch of fans booing. Yea as a fan you can crow about your rights all you want but that does not make it better just worse.
As far as Henne can or cannot do is really not the debate here. The debate is wether he can do it better without the booing and the answer is yes he probably can. Not sure what you do for a living at work but it sure easier to work and do a better job when co-worker are supporting you along with customers compared to a working enviroment with co-workers griping and customers complaining. So don't camoflage your behavior with Hennes lack of performace thats just an excuse.

Terrible analogy! I have been under center on a opponents field with over 50,000+ drunken college kids.booing you don't hear it, you don't read the press. Hennes problem is he lacks emotion, this game and more importantly that position is played with raw emotion. Look at every great QB they wear it on their sleeve. Emotion, then leadership emotion is contagious and the players thrive off it. Henne coming out flat in a 2 minute drill is why.more often then not our 2 minute offense fails. Henne being flat after a dropped pass is why the team doesn't look to him as a leader. Don't believe me ask Dansby! After the first day of camp he was quoted saying he is watching Hennes body language and that speaks volumes of a man. That is the QB of our defense when you see him on the field look at his emotion and there is no doubt who leads that D! If Henne hears the boos it is time to retire, if the boos rattle him he is in the wrong line of work.

Text from my Bills fan friend:

Fitz was apparently missing badly on deep throws yesterday, but Bills fans didn't boo him.

99.99999% no one on a board ever gets under my skin, but that mod over there Boik if I ever get my hands in him I'm gonna crack his dome like a melon! That said these guys need to let Finns2000 comeback! You, me, him, Tedslim were the original Parcells is a smoke and mirrors troll job crew! Now look how the dark side has grown? I think they need to let Rickysbong back too!

I always thought Finns2000 was a great poster..

I always thought Finns2000 was a great poster..

Agreed! He just had no patience for a certain member and went after him. Unfortunately at the time that member was protected and Finn2000 is gone.

On the first hand when did booing to show displeasure become bad??

People protest all the time when they are upset about something.....

People attack the president of our own country when they think he is doing a poor job....

And yet if the QB of a football team is doing poorly he is exempt??

Do people really think that Henne's play is determined by the crowd??

If Henne plays worse because of the criticism then he doesnt deserve to be the quarterback in the first place. The QB of a team is the leader and if he cant handle a few fans booing him then he will be seen as weak and come game time nobody on the team will respect him.

Nothing wrong with booing a player if he plays poorly, but if Henne is affected by this at all then what makes people think that if we wait he "could" pan out.

If Henne has a problem with the booing at all then give the fans a reason not to boo.

The fans basically indirectly challenged Henne, either step up now or we are done with you. Its fight or flight time for Henne, does he accept the challenge and play better or not.

If Henne plays worse because of the criticism then he doesnt deserve to be the quarterback in the first place. The QB of a team is the leader and if he cant handle a few fans booing him then he will be seen as weak and come game time nobody on the team will respect him.

Nothing wrong with booing a player if he plays poorly, but if Henne is affected by this at all then what makes people think that if we wait he "could" pan out.

If Henne has a problem with the booing at all then give the fans a reason not to boo.

The fans basically indirectly challenged Henne, either step up now or we are done with you. Its fight or flight time for Henne, does he accept the challenge and play better or not.

I agree 100% with that. None of that is what I have a problem with. It's just that people who claim to be Dolphins fans are literally rooting for Henne to fail. I'm not saying that's true of you or all of the people booing him last night, but I know that is the case with some people. There are posts on this site saying "I will legitimately be pissed if Henne ends up being a good quarterback. Then we are stuck with him." Really, wtf is that??

Terrible analogy! I have been under center on a opponents field with over 50,000+ drunken college kids.booing you don't hear it, you don't read the press. Hennes problem is he lacks emotion, this game and more importantly that position is played with raw emotion. Look at every great QB they wear it on their sleeve. Emotion, then leadership emotion is contagious and the players thrive off it. Henne coming out flat in a 2 minute drill is why.more often then not our 2 minute offense fails. Henne being flat after a dropped pass is why the team doesn't look to him as a leader. Don't believe me ask Dansby! After the first day of camp he was quoted saying he is watching Hennes body language and that speaks volumes of a man. That is the QB of our defense when you see him on the field look at his emotion and there is no doubt who leads that D! If Henne hears the boos it is time to retire, if the boos rattle him he is in the wrong line of work.

Boos from your own fans do not help they can only hurt. There have been many great athletes that have played without showing emotions and others great athletes that play only with emotion. Everyone is different but having your home crowd support you does help its another thing if you are on the road and those fans are booing you thats completly different. I may agree with some of the observations on Henne on this thread but not having support or your local club, teammates and fans just "helps" push any athlete in the wrong direction.

So your claiming you are/were a football player whose home fans were booing for? You really think that inspired you? Now I am not talking about being on the road where those home fans are booing you that just helps fires you up but home fans booing thats another story. Henne emotionless behaviour in his present situation helps much more than it hurts. Regardless this is really not about defending Henne its just about not huring him anymore than he is hurting himself and a difference of some opinions on wether he might have some more upside left. I think he does others do not but this is most likly his final year as a fin for 2 reasons 1, past performance 2, last year in his contract playing for a team/fans that do not embrace him. So I really feel like you WV and others will soon get your wish. I just hope we all get what you are asking for which we have not since Dan Marinio has been around better QB play. In fact I have seen far worse than Chad Henne wear the aqua and orange.

Boos from your own fans do not help they can only hurt. There have been many great athletes that have played without showing emotions and others great athletes that play only with emotion. Everyone is different but having your home crowd support you does help its another thing if you are on the road and those fans are booing you thats completly different. I may agree with some of the observations on Henne on this thread but not having support or your local club, teammates and fans just "helps" push any athlete in the wrong direction.

So your claiming you are/were a football player whose home fans were booing for? You really think that inspired you? Now I am not talking about being on the road where those home fans are booing you that just helps fires you up but home fans booing thats another story. Henne emotionless behaviour in his present situation helps much more than it hurts. Regardless this is really not about defending Henne its just about not huring him anymore than he is hurting himself and a difference of some opinions on wether he might have some more upside left. I think he does others do not but this is most likly his final year as a fin for 2 reasons 1, past performance 2, last year in his contract playing for a team/fans that do not embrace him. So I really feel like you WV and others will soon get your wish. I just hope we all get what you are asking for which we have not since Dan Marinio has been around better QB play. In fact I have seen far worse than Chad Henne wear the aqua and orange.

2 things first line opponent

Second name one great QB that plays or played this game without emotion!

Hey if you want s punch n judy QB who can't take the boo birds great.

On the first hand when did booing to show displeasure become bad??

People protest all the time when they are upset about something.....

People attack the president of our own country when they think he is doing a poor job....

And yet if the QB of a football team is doing poorly he is exempt??

The bottom line is this. The Henne fanboys get their feelings hurt by the boos a helluva lot more than Henne does.... that's why they're all upset.

It's become quite obvious to me that a LOT of people think that something some "fan" said or posted on a message board, has much more significance in terms of performance than any block, throw, catch, or playcall out on the field will ever have...

Doug Flutie used to get benched in favor of some scrub or young developing quarterback everywhere he went... yet he always went out there and outperformed the guys that they were always trying to replace him with... all 5'9" of him. It's because he had the heart of a lion and the determination to prove his detractors wrong... Chad Henne doesn't have an ounce of what makes and NFL quarterback from the neck up...

When it's opening week of Training Camp and we are discussing the QB being booed it's pretty obvious the franchise and its fan base are in disarray.

You got that right!! And none of the homer's running around here saying how good our D is, and that we "only need a few players"; will fix the fact that it is a big hairball in Miami right now.

2 things first line opponent

Second name one great QB that plays or played this game without emotion!

Hey if you want s punch n judy QB who can't take the boo birds great.

2 things first line opponent What does this line mean?

Ok so only watching the Dolphins for the most part really has not not been a great QB here since Dan Marinio. If your looking for athlete Borg Bjorn at tennis and Lasse Viren at the Olymipics. I am certain there have been some pretty good QB's that have kept their emotions in line Tom Brady does a pretty good job.

Hey if you want s punch n judy QB who can't take the boo birds great! I think that Henne is handling Boo Birds like you as well as could be asked of any QB. Plus I never implied I wanted a emotionless Henne! IMO Henne has shown emotion but he compartmentalizes it. When they have made a play in the end zone he has shown some good positive spirit he just IMO contains the negative side of the game from affecting him as much as it could. Everybody is looking for better play at the QB position. Trying to justify behavior that only can carry negative results because of some elses inability to live up to your expectations is just wrong. I would certainly prefer a QB who is handling the issue the way Henne is than some cry baby QB that I feel like some critic would prefer.

I agree. I have said in other posts that the only reason I see to ever boo a Dolphin player is lack of effort. If they are giving their best, they have my support.
It does not matter if he sucks or not. The point is that you don't boo your own players. You want Henne to succeed and have all the confidence in the world. You don't boo him and ruin his confidence man. We're not Jet fans. Sucks or not, I for one support Henne and hope he succeeds. It's all the same people in every thread whining over and over again. You don't speak for the general opinion of Dolphin fans. I'm also sure the media blew it up.

2 things first line opponent What does this line mean?

Ok so only watching the Dolphins for the most part really has not not been a great QB here since Dan Marinio. If your looking for athlete Borg Bjorn at tennis and Lasse Viren at the Olymipics. I am certain there have been some pretty good QB's that have kept their emotions in line Tom Brady does a pretty good job.

Hey if you want s punch n judy QB who can't take the boo birds great! I think that Henne is handling Boo Birds like you as well as could be asked of any QB. Plus I never implied I wanted a emotionless Henne! IMO Henne has shown emotion but he compartmentalizes it. When they have made a play in the end zone he has shown some good positive spirit he just IMO contains the negative side of the game from affecting him as much as it could. Everybody is looking for better play at the QB position. Trying to justify behavior that only can carry negative results because of some elses inability to live up to your expectations is just wrong. I would certainly prefer a QB who is handling the issue the way Henne is than some cry baby QB that I feel like some critic would prefer.

Tom Brady plays with Passion and emotion, he controls his huddle and the sideline. There is no question who is the team leader. Henne is a rock and by rock I mean flat, cold, and dense! Wow one time in the endzone he raised his finger and signaled number 1. Yawn! Compartmentalize or call it whatever you want, he is a stiff. He doesn't exhibit one trait you want to see in a leader, and the proof is how the team never ralleys behind him! No one said we want him crying to the media or flipping off the fans like Vick did. His actions say it all, his job is on the line, his coach is doubting him, his team is doubting him, the front office is trying to replace him, and the fans are turning on him. So far hr hasn't stepped up, he is continuing the same level of play that got him in this position.

For the life of me I can't believe I have to debate a NFL QB must be mentally tough, and a leader! You know what you are right! Guys stop this right now! No more bad mouthing Chad! We need to get down to Davie hold up hundreds of we love you Chad signs, and tell him a nursery rhyme. I will give him his binky, pat him on his bum bum and send him on his way! It isn't Chad Henne who is failing as a QB, it is us that is failing him as fans! If morons like Tedslim and WV would get a clue and send a positive vine Chad can lead us to the promise land!

Tom Brady plays with Passion and emotion, he controls his huddle and the sideline. There is no question who is the team leader. Henne is a rock and by rock I mean flat, cold, and dense! Wow one time in the endzone he raised his finger and signaled number 1. Yawn! Compartmentalize or call it whatever you want, he is a stiff. He doesn't exhibit one trait you want to see in a leader, and the proof is how the team never ralleys behind him! No one said we want him crying to the media or flipping off the fans like Vick did. His actions say it all, his job is on the line, his coach is doubting him, his team is doubting him, the front office is trying to replace him, and the fans are turning on him. So far hr hasn't stepped up, he is continuing the same level of play that got him in this position.

For the life of me I can't believe I have to debate a NFL QB must be mentally tough, and a leader! You know what you are right! Guys stop this right now! No more bad mouthing Chad! We need to get down to Davie hold up hundreds of we love you Chad signs, and tell him a nursery rhyme. I will give him his binky, pat him on his bum bum and send him on his way! It isn't Chad Henne who is failing as a QB, it is us that is failing him as fans! If morons like Tedslim and WV would get a clue and send a positive vine Chad can lead us to the promise land!

Some of my all time favorites like Zach Thomas and John Offerdal played very well without all this emotional output you are gushing about. Sure I they just play on the defensive side of the ball where they need no emotion. Tell you what if Chadd Henne was as emotional as you wanted him to be he would be even playing worse than he is. Of course that would be fine with you I am sure just more amunition to beat up on the kid.

Back
Top Bottom