WVDolphan's Get Real - "Standing on a soft 17"/Cheeseburger hijack | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - "Standing on a soft 17"/Cheeseburger hijack

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a lot like Omar Kelly - dogmatically attached to your negativity in relation to RT.

He's a project that is unfolding.

He may or may not pan out.

I am not sold on him.

But your process - when it comes to RT - has more to do with you then him.

You are obviously a very intelligent person - a good writer - but when it comes to your ability to see objectively what's happening with RT you are skewed.

RT - so far - struggles with 3 things: 1. getting sacked - this has 2 parts - 1A. He struggles with pocket presence. 1B. once sacked he gets rattled.
2. He presses with his deep ball. He throws into tight space when his receivers are wide open. He has plenty of arm strength so the issue is mental.
3. He is somewhat inconsistent.

All 3 of his problems are in large part a result of a poor offensive line - and coaching that has failed him in many ways over time.

Looked at through this lens RT has done remarkably well. He has transcended. He is intelligent - an elite athlete. Humble. Eager to learn. Hard working and coachable. He's done as well or better then other notables taken in his same draft class.

RT (like the rest of the NFL) is an unfolding story. Over the 3 seasons we have had him, all things considered I am fine with him - better then all other QB's the Dolphins have had since Dan - including geriatric Pennington (because Pennington was geriatric). RT has developed and is developing.

I think you have gotten yourself so far out on a limb as somehow anti-RT that its become your calling card.

Just chill - you are certainly a very serious Dolfan - so get on the boat with the rest of the ship of fools and enjoy the monkey or Dolphin show for what it is.

We are all a bunch of bozo almost winners suffering from decades of Detroit Lions mediocrity. We deserve better but we have been stinking for a long time now.

There is so much parity in the NFL that if some stroke of good fortune smiles upon us - this Dolphin team could surprise the hell out of us all and do something really great...Just saying!

This should be 30+ pages!

And for the record, this week's edition of "Hoops Scoops" was posted yesterday and currently rots at 39 posts.

This edition of "Get Real" currently sits at over 40 posts within an hour of it's original post.

The spin offs are just so rarely as good as the originals.

You're a lot like Omar Kelly - dogmatically attached to your negativity in relation to RT.

He's a project that is unfolding.

He may or may not pan out.

I am not sold on him.

But your process - when it comes to RT - has more to do with you then him.

You are obviously a very intelligent person - a good writer - but when it comes to your ability to see objectively what's happening with RT you are skewed.

RT - so far - struggles with 3 things: 1. getting sacked - this has 2 parts - 1A. He struggles with pocket presence. 1B. once sacked he gets rattled.
2. He presses with his deep ball. He throws into tight space when his receivers are wide open. He has plenty of arm strength so the issue is mental.

All 3 of his problems are in large part a result of a poor offensive line - and coaching that has failed him in many ways over time.

Looked at through this lens RT has done remarkably well. He has transcended. He is intelligent - an elite athlete. Humble. Eager to learn. Hard working and coachable. He's done as well or better then other notables taken in his same draft class.

RT (like the rest of the NFL) is an unfolding story. Over the 3 seasons we have had him, all things considered I am fine with him - better then all other QB's the Dolphins have had since Dan - including geriatric Pennington (because Pennington was geriatric). RT has developed and is developing.

I think you have gotten yourself so far out on a limb as somehow anti-RT that its become your calling card.

Just chill - you are certainly a very serious Dolfan - so get on the boat with the rest of the ship of fools and enjoy the monkey or Dolphin show for what it is.

We are all a bunch of bozo almost winners suffering from decades of Detroit Lions mediocrity. We deserve better but we have been stinking for a long time now.

There is so much parity in the NFL that if some stroke of good fortune smiles upon us - this Dolphin team could surprise the hell out of us all and do something really great...Just saying!

This, a thousand times over.

If utterly baffles me why people feel the need to label people "Tannehill apologists" when it's pretty clear that sensible people can see he's not a finished product. I don't think he's ever going to be an elite QB. But I certainly think he can be good enough.

I'm not the biggest Ryan Tannehill supporter but dude he is better than being worth of being ranked 25th.

I offered to make a wager with you -- with VERY favorable terms for you -- prior to the Bears game. I offered to wager that Miami's offensive output vs Chicago would exceed Atlanta's output vs Chicago AT HOME the previous week. I believe the bet was that I would leave the board forever OR you would not post about the QB again until after the Dolphins' season was officially over.

You declined.

You up for a similar wager this week?

pxsmRmS-1.jpg

Of course I declined. That was a sucker bet. I have already explained why I refused that bet. I was correct to do so and my exact reasoning proved to be true.

What kind of wager are you suggesting?

And for the record, this week's edition of "Hoops Scoops" was posted yesterday and currently rots at 39 posts.

This edition of "Get Real" currently sits at over 40 posts within an hour of it's original post.

The Weekly World News outsells plenty of legitimate news publications, but that doesn't mean that some lady in Missouri genuinely has the spirit of Elvis reincarnated in her chihuahua.

Being inflammatory doesn't mean you're better.

I offered to make a wager with you -- with VERY favorable terms for you -- prior to the Bears game. I offered to wager that Miami's offensive output vs Chicago would exceed Atlanta's output vs Chicago AT HOME the previous week. I believe the bet was that I would leave the board forever OR you would not post about the QB again until after the Dolphins' season was officially over.

You declined.

You up for a similar wager this week?

Damn for someone with 16k posts in 3 years, what would you do with your free time if you had to leave the board forever, cure cancer or something?

If it does not get there this week, just wait until Tannehill plays another decent game.

I suspect it could be this week vs. San Diego. People will rush to bump this thing and make fun of me, completely ignoring the fact that I have already stated in this thread that I think the Phins have a pretty good shot to win this game and that Tannehill could likely play well in doing so.

We always seem to give San Diego fits. They have some banged up CBs. Their rushing attack has not been great and we bring great pressure. It is tough for the West coast teams to come East and win.

It will not matter. Let them have their fun. I always hope the Phins win, but I know what is coming. I guess I am finally numb to it at this point. I was one of those people last year at this point who was dreaming up playoff scenarios. Even after we started crumbling in towards the end and I started to lose hope, I yet again got all excited when we beat the Pats to get to 8-6. I thought we were a lock. :lol:

But, I have a learning curve. The real Tannehill will show up sooner later. He did this week, but we will not always get two defensive TDs to bail him out. It may not be this week vs. the Chargers, but it is coming. I have a feeling the Lions game will be a blood bath. That DL and overall defense has been legit this year. Reggie Bush might be healthy and go off on us just to make a statement to Philbin.

We know Denver is going to wipe the floor with us. Tannehill apologists will blame the defense for sure when we get lit up in those games.

The real test is going to be the game sandwiched in between those. Can Tannehill FINALLY beat the Bills? If he does, I will be glad to see it. FH veterans know that nothing pisses me off more than losing to the Bills or Jests. If we can win one of the next two AND beat the Bills, I may get a glimmer of hope, but I would be very cautious about trusting this team with Tannehill at the helm. I expect the Bills game to be a close, hard fought, contest. We will see what Tannehill has in that game. If we do not win at least 2 of the next 3 games, you can close the book. We would be 5-5 and going to Denver. 5-6 will not give us a shot.

We know what will happen. I am tired of pretending I do not. We are standing on a soft 17. The dealer is showing an ace and will turn over a 9. The Tannehill gang might bump this on Sunday and get their laughs, but they will be forgetting this thread exists in a few weeks. We might win 9 and they will suggest that we have to keep Tannehill because he went from 24 TDs to 25 and we won 9 games instead of 8 so we know next year he can get to 10. :bobdole: Keep standing on that soft 17. Your chip stack is getting milked.

If tannehill takes us to 7 to 9 wins and we miss the playoffs again you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who isn't ready to move on. So what's the point of spamming the forum now? If you know it's going to happen and then you also should realize that what I said about people having enough is true too.

!

Those aren't his only issues, those are the three things I hoped would be greatly improved to elevate him up to Andy Dalton levels.

Omar is far worse as he has the need to Tweet about his obsession with Tannehill every other Tweet and unfortunately you can't block that **** from showing up on the Bleacher Report Team Stream app.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Well in your favor, and especially impressive being that you're from WV (I'm assuming), is that you know how to use punctuation and that's the one thing lacking from the hoops scoops topics that keep me from reading them.

Hey look at me I'm popular on a Internet forum lmao, I get more people to comment on my post, no regard to 90% are just chiming in to call u an idiot but hey to each their own. I commented 3 or 4 times, nothing relating to your subject matter. So you must be a volume over substance guy, and now I get why you post a Tannehill hater post every other day...

Those aren't his only issues, those are the three things I hoped would be greatly improved to elevate him up to Andy Dalton levels.

He'd also need 2 freakishly gifted tall WRs and a supremely talented and full-sized TE to get to Andy Dalton levels. Even without those, I'd take Tannehill 10 times out of 10 over Dalton and it's not even close. Take away those blankies for Dalton and he'd be among the worst QBs in the league. I mean seriously, how do you have AJ Green, Sanu, Greshman and a great receiving back like Bernard and through 7 games only have 6 TDs passing with 4 INTs?

Well then.

In your own post, you stated that this team could potentially win a Super Bowl by building an excellent team with an average QB.

You have repeatedly called Tannehill an average QB. These are YOUR words. Yet you state that the team should not go out of its way to build an excellent team around Tannehill.

So you'd rather have a great QB with an average team around him, and not win a SB, than have Tannehill as a QB, and win a SB?

NEWSFLASH: WE HAD A GREAT QB WITH AN AVERAGE TEAM AROUND HIM FOR NEARLY TWO DECADES. IT DIDN'T GET THE JOB DONE.

Congratulations on becoming the worst case scenario.

I do not believe Tannehill is an average QB. I believe he is a below average QB.

Yes, I do believe that a team could win a SB with Tannehill as it's QB. It is possible. I have seen QBs who are around the same skill level, perhaps slightly better, win SBs.

I did not state that we should not build such a team around Tannehill. We could try. My statement was why should a team be asked to do that? That is a tall order.

Instead, why would we not continue to search for a QB, in other words HIT THAT SOFT 17, and try to get better at the position. Try to draw into a big hand. That would be optimal. In that process, we can still attempt to build such an all time great defense. The chances of building such a defense that rivals the Ravens, Bucs, or Seahawks teams that won SBs are very slim however. They are even more slim than the chances of finding that QB who can compete on the level of Luck, Brady, etc etc..

If I had to choose between winning a SB with Tannehill or getting a great QB and not winning a SB....... at this point give me the SB with Tannehill all day baby! We both know that is not happening though, so why pretend? Again, it is as if you are looking to try and do it for the sake of doing it. Are you suggesting we hang on to Tannehill for the next 10 years no matter how he plays and try to win that way? Ridiculous.

As far as having the great QB and not winning the SB....... well that **** was fun. I hated not winning a SB, but damn that was fun being in contention EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Every year we all had realistic hopes that we could win it all. We were in the playoffs more often than not and we regularly beat good teams. We played a ton of big time games on national TV and were a really fun team to watch.

Because we have not won a SB in so long, I would rather just do that at this point no matter who is the QB. But, after we win a SB, I want to compete like that again for about 20 years. Those were some great times and I would not trade them for anything.

Having said all of that, if you think our chances of winning a SB are better by having a terrible QB and somehow building some super, all time, defense as opposed to getting a great QB and a good defense like we have now, then you are confused. Most of the teams who have won SBs lately have done so with the great QB than the other way around.

Even if your right what's your solution. Let's trade for a guy yeah that sounds good. It's not often you can do that. Recently Alex smith, Kolb, Cutler. You can argue those guys are terrible. How about FA. Good luck finding someone. It's rare a payton manning or drew brees becomes available. The draft is your only option. Unless your in a position to get a luck or newton caliber player. It's about getting lucky. Tannehill is our best shot IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom