Xavien Howard Records Interception In His Return To The Field During Pro Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Records Interception In His Return To The Field During Pro Bowl

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_10996538.jpg

Although Sunday’s Pro Bowl game is an exhibition contest, it was a significant moment for Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard.

For the first time since his knee injury on Dec. 2 against the Bills, Howard played in a game. He would miss the Dolphins final four games of the season although he participated in practices the final two weeks of the season.

During the game, Howard recorded two tackles and an interception during the fourth quarter. Howard also had a chance to catch another interception earlier in the game but Jets safety Jamal Adams collided into him to break up the play.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...n-in-his-return-to-the-field-during-pro-bowl/

I doubt if he's even in the Southern part of the USA when training camp starts if he doesn't have a contract in place.

I like the fake-pitch. Safer than a pitch, yet it can spring a guy free when offensive guys are unexpectedly switching into tackle mode.

Pro-Bowl performance means nothing, getting 'voted' to the Pro-Bowl is more of a popularity contest, but X deserved it. After QB, CB1 is one of the most valuable and hardest to fill positions, right up there with pass rusher, blindside protector, and ballhawking FS.

Good time to note that Howard was a consistent playmaker during his last two years at Baylor. He was knocked, because he wasn't super sticky in coverage and gave up some plays, but his instincts and ball skills should have never been in doubt.

I forgot about the Pro Bowl. When I remembered, I switched to Howard's interception.
Gonna cost. Hope price is not to high.

usatsi_10996538.jpg

Although Sunday’s Pro Bowl game is an exhibition contest, it was a significant moment for Dolphins cornerback Xavien Howard.

For the first time since his knee injury on Dec. 2 against the Bills, Howard played in a game. He would miss the Dolphins final four games of the season although he participated in practices the final two weeks of the season.

During the game, Howard recorded two tackles and an interception during the fourth quarter. Howard also had a chance to catch another interception earlier in the game but Jets safety Jamal Adams collided into him to break up the play.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...n-in-his-return-to-the-field-during-pro-bowl/

Does anyone know the specifics of contracts/nfl rules on playing in the pro bowl? Does it depend on individual contracts, nfl rules, other? How n the Hell can a player not play n final four games of a season, although practicing some of it, and still play n a meaningless game where injury can occur. I remember Marion skipping? so many of these games for questionable ? Injuries/reasons. I can understand if this is a players FIRST pro bowl, wanting to experience all that is there but come on, you can't play for ur team in a playoff? run but can play in an exhibition game?

Does anyone know the specifics of contracts/nfl rules on playing in the pro bowl? Does it depend on individual contracts, nfl rules, other? How n the Hell can a player not play n final four games of a season, although practicing some of it, and still play n a meaningless game where injury can occur. I remember Marion skipping? so many of these games for questionable ? Injuries/reasons. I can understand if this is a players FIRST pro bowl, wanting to experience all that is there but come on, you can't play for ur team in a playoff? run but can play in an exhibition game?
Really? That's ur take?

You do realize it's been about 2 months since the injury?

Back
Top Bottom