Xavien Howard Records Interception In His Return To The Field During Pro Bowl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Records Interception In His Return To The Field During Pro Bowl

Are all the people saying pay this man, the same people that said that about Jarvis?

I agree on X, I also want us to pay Tunsil. Those two guys are difficult to replace, the complete opposite of a slot receiver.

Can’t pay them all.
If we can't sign two of our best players we drafted in what seems like a century then we're doing something wrong. Oh wait, we always do something wrong. What the hell is the point of drafting somebody that turns into somebody if we let him go after two years?

He should be paid among the top 5-8 CBS in the league. But, he is not worth being the top paid CB in the league (his words, not mine).
Several concerns I have in over paying him.
1. I don’t believe he’s completed a 16 game season since he’s been in the league. He gets nicked up a lot.
2. Up until this season he’s only shown flashes. That’s likely due to #1.
I’d have a hard time justifying top CB money after one really good season.
Guys like Darrelle Revis, Jalen Ramsey were pretty good since their rookie years. In Revis’ case, he’d already put together several dominant seasons before he cashed in.
I’d like to see the team work on an extension, however, if he and his agent are asking for the moon, Id go ahead and trade him. His value is high right now and he’s certainly worth more than a late 1st rd pick.

Whats the tag cost on James for 2019?

Sign x and tag James yeah I could see that.

I just wouldn’t piss off x. He’s earned it on the field. Pay up or let him go be highest paid elsewhere

Not sure how you are getting better letting him walk.

Tags just gonna piss him off. Imo

Either sign this dude or trade him for a late first rounder from a contender looking for a #1 corner piece.

To me it’s an easy decision to sign him and James and let every other chip fall where it may.

They are the only two truly pressing existing player decisions this team has.

Tunsils 5th year option is a no brainer

Honestly have no idea why Tunsil is even an issue this year for some. Open up talks with the agent but there is absolutely no rush. Any 2 years early extended deal better be at a very nice discount from what he would likely command in 2 years if he maintains a high level and keeps clean off the field.

As for X, The tag will piss anybody off . . . .but it is still leverage and is still a year away.

Miami has to know that he will likely get the top CB contract in NFL history . . . .that also doesn’t mean you have to jump that number by 5 million AAV and if X and his agent are pulling that type of stuff then he needs to go through the process of playing this year on 1.2 and the following year on a potential tag . . . .all while still maintaining a high level of play and health to eventually aspire for that number.

There is risk for all parties. And yea, unlike what some feel, ears can and should be open on what teams will offer for him.

X can easily sign for a damn near fully guaranteed 3/45 this offseason, probably banking as much as $20 million in 2019 and get another extension at 28. If the objective is more money, its probably in his best interest to sign early, even if it doesn’t max the potential he “could” make next offseason.

If he wants to play on 1.2 for another year, instead of 15 or so million, just to make 18 or so in another year . . . .thats on him. Good luck.

Whats the tag cost on James for 2019?

Sign x and tag James yeah I could see that.

I just wouldn’t piss off x. He’s earned it on the field. Pay up or let him go be highest paid elsewhere

Not sure how you are getting better letting him walk.

James is the same as franchising a LT. ($15 million or so)

Not much more needs to be said lol

Yeah james is out on the tag at that price.

Tunsil needs to take his 5th year option and deal with it til after 2019. No need to do anything there. That’s tbaum level dumb stuff to extend 2 years in advance.

Worst case yeah maybe I tag x I guess. But makes no sense to me why we wouldn’t make him highest paid if we want to keep him.

We’ve got easy dump money to offset

Yeah james is out on the tag at that price.

Tunsil needs to take his 5th year option and deal with it til after 2019. No need to do anything there. That’s tbaum level dumb stuff to extend 2 years in advance.

Worst case yeah maybe I tag x I guess. But makes no sense to me why we wouldn’t make him highest paid if we want to keep him.

We’ve got easy dump money to offset

Just don’t bend all the way over, handle business like a proper organization.

He hired Landry’s agent.

Making him the highest paid is 5/75 . . . .And that is absolutely fair . . . .5/100 though? Nah let him play on that 1.2 and then the tag if it requires that . . . .or work out something like you did with Bobby Mccain where u kept that 4th year in tact and you add like 4/74 to it, effectively making it 5/75, but an extension valued at 18.5.

so what? Pro Bowl’s a sad joke... i like Brady’s take: “...aint playin this s**t for Pro Bowls..”

Just don’t bend all the way over, handle business like a proper organization.

He hired Landry’s agent.

Making him the highest paid is 5/75 . . . .And that is absolutely fair . . . .5/100 though? Nah let him play on that 1.2 and then the tag if it requires that . . . .or work out something like you did with Bobby Mccain where u kept that 4th year in tact and you add like 4/74 to it, effectively making it 5/75, but an extension valued at 18.5.

Landry didn’t get an extra 20 percent over highest paid etc. I don’t see why x would demand that either. But I’m sure he’s gonna demand highest paid. And I can’t say I blame him for it.

And i wouldn’t even bring up Bobby blown coverage and contain mccain during the negotiations lol

Since when has anyone gotten an extra 20
Percent over highest paid at any position? The last guy I can even recall maybe getting that was Mario Williams guaranteed money when he left Houston for buffalo and we all know that was cause it was the only way anyone would choose buffalo as a free agent.

I just don’t see it. Make him highest paid with a slight bump over the current top cb and I’m sure he signs on tbe dotted line. And keeps his talents in south beach.

The pro bowl is meaningless, the 2nd team All-Pro is worth two 1st round picks same as Ricky Williams back in the day.

A year to dump salary and then multiple years with high-value picks.

The pro bowl is meaningless, the 2nd team All-Pro is worth two 1st round picks same as Ricky Williams back in the day.

A year to dump salary and then multiple years with high-value picks.

Different times.

The rookie contract structure, especially on 1st rounders, is so beneficial for teams in todays that really only a handful of guys would be worth that type of price tag.

Teams aren’t lining up to give up those type of contracts while also giving away record breaking deals for guys who have never been in their lockeroom.

Mack, Donald, Mahomes and Rodgers . . . .thats about it.

Different times.

The rookie contract structure, especially on 1st rounders, is so beneficial for teams in today's that really only a handful of guys would be worth that type of price tag.

Teams aren’t lining up to give up those type of contracts while also giving away record-breaking deals for guys who have never been in their locker room.

Mack, Donald, Mahomes, and Rodgers . . . .thats about it.

Agreed to Disagree, the All-Pro tag is the difference-maker.

Are all the people saying pay this man, the same people that said that about Jarvis?

I agree on X, I also want us to pay Tunsil. Those two guys are difficult to replace, the complete opposite of a slot receiver.

Can’t pay them all.

Howard is on another level than Tunsil, who himself is on another level then Landry. LT can reach All-Pro status with just a smidgen of help.

X is the best player on the team. His 2018 season was probably the most talented single season display by a Dolphin this decade.

Paying him isn’t the agenda, building the defense around him is. He is a rare combination of blanket and thief.

With Minkah Fitzpatrick on the team as well and likely back at FS......good luck telling these All-Pro talents we are rebuilding.

Back
Top Bottom