Xavien Howard Records Interception In His Return To The Field During Pro Bowl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Records Interception In His Return To The Field During Pro Bowl

If we can't sign two of our best players we drafted in what seems like a century then we're doing something wrong. Oh wait, we always do something wrong. What the hell is the point of drafting somebody that turns into somebody if we let him go after two years?

We’ve been reaping the results of those actions for years.

Not sure if I’m understanding you correctly, I WANT us to resign X and Tunsil. I think they were correct in not signing Landry. Landry made ZERO difference in 95% of the games he played in. In fact, Albert Wilson made more overall impact in the 4-5 games he played than Landry’s 4 years.

Wilson (by my count) won two games basically by himself with some incredible, individual effort in the fourth quarter. I never remember Jarvis doing that, except the opener in Washington a few years ago maybe.

I do not think it’s good strategy to sign EVERY good draft pick you have and my proof would be the actions of the better organizations. Certain positions and certain players, even if they are productive, are better sent somewhere else.

Boy, the Giants are soooo happy they spent a fortune on OBJ huh?

Useless game and anything that comes from it.

paying the top paid players at a position is not the way to win a championship. Revis didnt win a title until he took less money and went to the Pats. And while X is really good, he is no Revis. Its a tough one, kind of a damned if you do, damned if you dont scenario when it comes to signing him.

If X plays 15 or 16 next year and is an all pro then sure pay him a fat deal. But until he shows he can play a full season I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Also this year was really his breakout year, now let's see him ball again next year and he can get paid.

He doesn't deserve top corner money after one great year where he played 12 games. That's the most Dolphins thing I've ever heard, team is so devoid of talent when we have a good player, fans go nuts over him.

If X plays 15 or 16 next year and is an all pro then sure pay him a fat deal. But until he shows he can play a full season I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Also this year was really his breakout year, now let's see him ball again next year and he can get paid.

He doesn't deserve top corner money after one great year where he played 12 games. That's the most Dolphins thing I've ever heard, team is so devoid of talent when we have a good player, fans go nuts over him.

Thats a very fair stance to take.

Like I said earlier, open up negotiations and be very understanding on what it will likely take to get a deal done (don’t be some unclassy lowball organization here like reports have stated we can be). . . .but there should absolutely be no panic in bending over for Howard.

The pressure is ultimately on him to stay healthy and continue playing at a high level for at least another year, and likely 2 with the tag, before he is guaranteed some record breaking payday.

Yikes! Howard is going to be expensive. But I don't think you have a choice if you're the Dolphins. He's young and we don't have anyone else on the roster.

Bite the bullet and pay the man.

Thats a very fair stance to take.

Like I said earlier, open up negotiations and be very understanding on what it will likely take to get a deal done (don’t be some unclassy lowball organization here like reports have stated we can be). . . .but there should absolutely be no panic in bending over for Howard.

The pressure is ultimately on him to stay healthy and continue playing at a high level for at least another year, and likely 2 with the tag, before he is guaranteed some record breaking payday.

I disagree 100%, The Dolphins are absolutely under pressure to pay him. He's shown more than enough regardless of the number of games he's been able to play for a big pay-day.

If not from the Dolphins then other teams would be ecstatic to take a chance on the young when healthy DB.

Back
Top Bottom