Xavien Howard Super Thread | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Super Thread

I don’t care about Howard or really the picks. It’s the Tua factor that scares the hell out of me. Can you imagine if this kid turns out to be the real deal?
I can't actually, and if the Dolphins move on to Watson. I'm guessing they have a similar opinion.

I can't actually, and if the Dolphins move on to Watson. I'm guessing they have a similar opinion.

I’m not sure I agree with that statement. It could be simply they aren’t willing to “wait” to find out. Whereas Watson is already a franchise QB.

Oh I think the Dolphins Defintely are and they’d be foolish not to be interested. Obviously the off the field stuff and the asking price is the real question.

No GM that’s worth anything and doesn’t have a bonafide franchise Qb should be on their hands right now. Houston should be getting flooded with calls.
if you see watson as a top 5 QB, 20+ teams should be inquiring (absent the massage therapist situation).

I’m not sure I agree with that statement. It could be simply they aren’t willing to “wait” to find out. Whereas Watson is already a franchise QB.
yep. one of the more ridiculous comments i've read today.

Top 5 is arguable. Top 10 without question. Currently we don’t have a top 10, top 15 or even top 20 for sure Qb at the moment.

This isn’t an argument for Watson. Just pointing that out.
same. if he's top 10 (in a team's opinion), at least 15 teams should be inquiring about his availability.

No one can know whether Tua will or won't be the "real deal." However, the Dolphins would be incredibly dumb to trade for Watson if they were confident in their prediction that Tua will become a top 5 type QB, even if it takes another season. If they make that move for Watson, it's not just because they didn't want to wait, it's because they weren't confident Tua would become that top 5 type QB, which Deshaun actually is.

No one can know whether Tua will or won't be the "real deal." However, the Dolphins would be incredibly dumb to trade for Watson if they were confident in their prediction that Tua will become a top 5 type QB, even if takes another season. If they make that move for Watson, it's not just because they didn't want to wait, it's because they weren't confident Tua would become that top 5 type QB, which Deshaun actually is.
not true.

a projection like that would require a crystal ball.

you can't project "a top 5 QB" off of 9 rookie games coming off major surgery (and OTAs and minicamp) to that degree of certainty.

not true.

a projection like that would require a crystal ball.

you can't project "a top 5 QB" off of 9 rookie games coming off major surgery (and OTAs and minicamp) to that degree of certainty.
Don't agree. The coaches have seen enough of him between college, last year, and minicamp to make some type of projection of upside. There's tons of scouting, data, and analysis that they already have.

You don't make a move for Watson if you believe Tua just needs another year.

if you see watson as a top 5 QB, 20+ teams should be inquiring (absent the massage therapist situation).

This isn't a question of how good Watson is. THE question is cost. To be extreme, if all HOU wanted was a 7th and AVG, AND he would play for $10mm, he'd be a Dolphin already. That's not reality. HOU wants a LOT in trade and Watson wants a LOT in dollars. Apparently NO team wants to pay that cost - he's still in HOU. Blame MIA is you want, but this isn't a case of every team sees the worth but MIA.

This isn't a question of how good Watson is. THE question is cost. To be extreme, if all HOU wanted was a 7th and AVG, AND he would play for $10mm, he'd be a Dolphin already. That's not reality. HOU wants a LOT in trade and Watson wants a LOT in dollars. Apparently NO team wants to pay that cost - he's still in HOU. Blame MIA is you want, but this isn't a case of every team sees the worth but MIA.
I didn't say make a move.

I just said monitor the situation (not us, any team with a "not top 10 QB.")

Top 5 is arguable. Top 10 without question. Currently we don’t have a top 10, top 15 or even top 20 for sure Qb at the moment.

This isn’t an argument for Watson. Just pointing that out.
I think he's somewhere between top 5 and top 10. But career-wise, to date, he's been better than Josh Allen. Not saying that will remain the case, but right now Allen is clearly the best quarterback in the AFC East. Watson rivals him.

I'm a fan of Tua, but got to at least inquire on Watson.

I think he's somewhere between top 5 and top 10. But career-wise, to date, he's been better than Josh Allen. Not saying that will remain the case, but right now Allen is clearly the best quarterback in the AFC East. Watson rivals him.

I'm a fan of Tua, but got to at least inquire on Watson.
I don't think there's any question. Statistically, he is top 8 at worst.

However, I've never seen him as much of a "leader". Some would say even less so now.

How important is that?

Depends who you ask.

Back
Top Bottom