Xavien Howard Wants To Be League’s Highest Paid Cb | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Wants To Be League’s Highest Paid Cb

We could certainly follow the T-bum strategy and wait for his final year and then try to re-sign him, either costing us more or losing him to a better team. Or we could give him an extension now, saving money longterm and keeping one of our few strengths.

Oh I agree, just saying he really has no options for now. We should lock him up though.

I think we can get a 1st rd pick for Howard, so I'd trade him, great technique and instincts but I'm just not a fan of making a cb without elite athleticism the highest paid, they're ceilings are limited.

I think we can get a 1st rd pick for Howard, so I'd trade him, great technique and instincts but I'm just not a fan of making a cb without elite athleticism the highest paid, they're ceilings are limited.

Overvaluing draft picks.

LMAO, I shouldn't even respond to this because it should be pretty easy for anyone that has any clue what so ever to see....but I will to this one. If you think that ANY player who has been injured multiple games in 2 out of his 3 seasons including his last 4 and you want to pay him anywhere close to the top of his position without him proving he can stay healthy, then you really have no football IQ what so ever. We do not have to pay him right now, nor should we until he shows he can stay on the field and play at the level he has when healthy. It should be pretty easy for most to understand that a 3rd year player who has missed over 25% of their games should be approached with caution.

If you are acting like he’s injury prone because of 2 injuries in a contact sport, you lack any IQ and any integrity, because you are selling bullshit. So again, what’s your plan for replacing him? FA? Idiotic move. Draft? Idiotic move leading us to skip addressing a hole we already have to address a hole needlessly created. Again, salary cap watchers don’t know ****. Pay him and focus on our real problems.

I think you’d get a #1 from a contender for Howard in a nanosecond.

But that means pick between 20 and 32.

It’s not a great return.

I’d sign him provided he takes top 5 money if he demands highest paid a year early well I might weigh my options more.

But then again this team has zero on the boundary at corner outside of him. And he knows it

If you are acting like he’s injury prone because of 2 injuries in a contact sport, you lack any IQ and any integrity, because you are selling bullshit. So again, what’s your plan for replacing him? FA? Idiotic move. Draft? Idiotic move leading us to skip addressing a hole we already have to address a hole needlessly created. Again, salary cap watchers don’t know ****. Pay him and focus on our real problems.
LMAO dude, you are selling the BS by saying 2 injuries. It is 2 injuries that caused him to miss 25% of his games in only 3 years. That is a quarter of his games or a full season in 4 years.

unless someone new is doing contracts we are screwed,but next year 1.5 mil,2020 tag,2021 tag . or he can come to terms(CB tag 2019=like 14.75)

He was gone the moment he chose Landry's agent
Iw ould pay him, because i canìt stand making another of my favorites leave, but if they don't want to pay him trade him right away and draft 2 CBs at this point

The team doesn't have one player that is the best at his position in the NFL. What a player wants and actually gets should be relevant and let's be honest, the Phins are in no position to start throwing stupid money at one player that will not make a huge difference in the bigger picture.

Cool. Who has the 8th highest paid CB in the league after signing him to a $65 million dollar deal (I believe one of the highest at the time)? One of the highest paid Safeties? One of the highest paid TEs? OLB? QB?

The Pats don’t obsess about the cap by not paying anybody, they obsess about it by structuring the salaries in an elite way, unlike this ****hole of a FO. That’s not a viable excuse for letting talent go.
The team doesn't have one player that is the best at his position in the NFL. What a player wants and actually gets should be relevant and let's be honest, the Phins are in no position to start throwing stupid money at one player that will not make a huge difference in the bigger picture.
hesright.png

LMAO dude, you are selling the BS by saying 2 injuries. It is 2 injuries that caused him to miss 25% of his games in only 3 years. That is a quarter of his games or a full season in 4 years.
potd.gif

Again, a complete lack of integrity on your part. He's had 2 injuries. What you are trying to sell is a guy who can't be relied upon to stay on the field a la Parker. That's clearly not the case here and if the Phins try that nonsense, they'll get laughed out of the room. Xavien will move on to a better team and we'll be stuck with cheap turds, which you clearly prefer.

Fans of this team are strange. Many, including yourself, are actually arguing for getting worse. Letting our most talented players go because you don't understand how the salary cap works and find big numbers scary.

Again (and again), how do you replace him? One of the shitty CBs we already have outside of Howard? A high pick that could instead be used on a hole we already have? Use that money saved on another FA CB? Who is this magical, injury-proof player you think exists?

"Best in their position" is completely irrelevant in contract negotiations in the NFL and the Phins should have no problem re-signing him.

how exactly is he a "star"? Having lots of INT's just means you were in the right spot at the right time, not a star. Jalen Ramsey is probably the best CB, and his team didn't make the playoffs....nowhere near. Top notch CB's don't win you super bowls, QB's (and even the trenches) do.
You cant really be serious. Howard made some fantastic plays on some of those int's. Breaking off his man to snag the int, tight coverage, breaks on the ball etc. QB's werent just throwing to him instead of the wr's on some lucky plays.

now apparently corners don't win nfl games either?

sign howard...seriously.

it's unfathomable how some can bitch and moan about our defense all year and then raise their noses when it's time to pay the man. i don't like his public comments about money either but i'm sorry everyone has a right to be out for themselves. he risks his career every time he steps on the field.

pay the man, and move on. in 3 years it will seem like a steal.

Back
Top Bottom