Xavien Howard Wants To Be League’s Highest Paid Cb | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Wants To Be League’s Highest Paid Cb

Build through the draft. Build through the draft. Build through the draft.

Hit on a draft pick, and refuse to pay them when it comes time.

Makes perfect sense.

Green Bay and Pittsburgh are notorious for this. They hardly ever are very active during FA except with their own players and when their own players put their hands out for a big contract, those aforementioned teams let them walk (unless they play a key position like QB) and replace them with another draft pick. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I went on record saying pay him whatever he wants. But when it came to crunch time and the Dolphins had to win he was out with an injury, for the season.

Not his fault sure. But this is just another in a long line of dolphins players that will suck the lifeblood out of the cap then underperform afterwards.

Maybe I'm jaded because of the brutal ending to this year, maybe I'm a bit deep in my cups, either way, I have changed my mind on Howard considering I haven't seen him play for what, a quarter of the season now? Screw it, another year to make the decision

He's not worth top corner pay just yet! He seems to get injured an awful lot and has really only played at a high level this year. Let him play out his final year under his current contract an if he lights it up next year then pay him if we can afford to!

Sorry if you don’t hold yourself to high standards and demand the most for yourself in your jobs, but kudos to him, he should demand the most he can get. He’ll get paid what he’s worth. Annoying the cap watchers is just a bonus.

Howard getting injured just as we seemed out of the hunt and he got a new agent seemed a little to convenient to me.

I would possibly dangle him this offseason.... dependent on the coaching staff and how they think he will fit in their scheme.

I have a hard time evaluating him as a shutdown corner because of the stupid half witted zones we run all the time.

Yes I know we can’t keep throwing talent away.

But I’m not convinced he is top CB money worthy. He has basically had 1 good season starting the latter half of last year. Remember complaining he didn’t make impact plays? That was normal for a while. The knee issues make me a little queasy too.

He's not worth top corner pay just yet! He seems to get injured an awful lot and has really only played at a high level this year. Let him play out his final year under his current contract an if he lights it up next year then pay him if we can afford to!

Charles clay, lamar miller, jarvis landry, olivier vernon, rishard matthews.

So do the exact thing every one complains about when it comes to retaining home grown talent. Got it.

Everybody really loves quabbling over the ****ing salary cap. Again, CK has gone into great detail as to why the cap is a joke. Don’t obsess over it, retain Howard for Christ sake. It’s not coming out of our pocket.

If Miami gave Lamar and Jarvis big contracts we would be in shambles right now.

A star CB is someone you pay up for. Make him he highest paid CB in the league

Yea instead of paying them we paid castoffs like Branch,Kiko,Suh,Mario Williams,Amendola.

I hate this front office

I mean isn't this a kind of a a "no ****" type of statement? He wouldn't have hired that agent if he didn't want to be the highest paid guy. As soon as the news broke he hired that guy you should have known what he wanted. Miami would be stupid to let him walk. Here's hoping the up coming changes don't effect them singing him.

I would much rather pay a young bourderline elite CB in Howard 15 mil a year than overpay guys like Branch and Alonso.

we suck the same with or without him so no dont pay, we also have to start cutting all these players that are on ir half the season

Back
Top Bottom