Xavien Howard Wants To Be League’s Highest Paid Cb | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Wants To Be League’s Highest Paid Cb

let him walk then. He isn't the best CB in the league. Personally I think he is just a good CB, he got torched by Hopkins (which yes, many CBs do). But I don't find him to be special because he happens to be in the right place for an INT quite often. If he wants 15 million lets say, Id rather sign two good quality FA CB's and pay them 7 million each.

Cornell Armstrong didn't look so bad by the way. He was always on the receiver.

And what 2 CBs are there in free agency that you can get for 7 million each? Why even draft guys anymore?! Let’s finally draft some elite and promising talent and let them walk. That 3rd round comp pick will be great in 2020.

And I want to be the highest paid fan of a WINNING organization, Xavien.

Help me, help you!

The guy hasnt played a snap for us since he hired his new agent.

I think the writing is on the wall TBH.
Who just so happens to be Landry's agent...we know how THAT negotiation played out.

I'd be scared. I don't think he is nearly as good as the interception numbers lend to believe. I could easily see him inked for big money and then we have another Reshad Jones situation...an occasional big play but obvious that he is not the player we thought he was when we gave him the contract.

For contracts like that I want someone who has been the unquestioned superstar throughout his life. Xavien Howard doesn't fit that profile at all. He was a 2 star or 3 star recruit, depending on which service you relied on. He was a nice player at Baylor but hardly a superstar. Second round status was sensible.

I don't like to overreact. That's why I never cared whether Ryan Tannehill was in down mode or resurgent mode. I trust my big picture outlook will play out correct in the long run. And I would do the same with Xavien Howard.

If we are going to pay someone it should be Laremy Tunsil. This is what you are getting with him: consensus 5 star recruit and the number one player at his position out of high school. Tunsil would have been picked within the top handful of players minus the draft night incident. If I'd spending money I trust it with Tunsil. I'd be hesitant with Howard, but this is a tougher call than with someone like Jarvis Landry. That would have been a tragic error.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2013/laremy-tunsil-10965

Sell high for once Miami, lets get some Major draft capital for our new incoming regime.
Agree! If QB Murray goes to next years draft I would offer the Cardinals our first, aX Howard and Jajuan James for their number one.

Agree! If QB Murray goes to next years draft I would offer the Cardinals our first, aX Howard and Jajuan James for their number one.

Murray isn’t worth a 1st round pick. Bama owned his little ass. He looked nervous last night. Imagine him behind our line lol

He's a good corner and I'm all about resigning him but not at highest corner money in the league. If he's trying to break the bank I'd trade him for a first rounder.

Pay the man whatever he wants. Assuming the franchise is moving on from Tannehill they'll have plenty of room in the years to come. Break out the checkbook for Howard and Tunsil.

If this team can ever luck out and find that QB1 these are the players they need. The model has been laid out by the Chiefs, Eagles, and Rams. Spend big on the o-line and defense while you have a QB on his rookie deal.

every corner wants to be the highest paid corner in the NFL

The problem develops if his new agent takes a hard line stance and negotiates from that position.
He made the pro bowl ONCE. He’s shown promise the last couple of years, but he hasn’t played a 16 game season since he entered the league.
He gets nicked up a lot. I would have liked to see him string together 2 strong seasons.
Too many red flags to give him a huge contract. I’d be OK paying him among the top 5 CBs, but not as one of the top 2.
His value is high right now. If someone is willing to pony up a mid 1st rounder for him (or better) I’d strongly consider it.

This is the least surprising thing of the day. Well, except for an anemic Buffalo offense hanging 42 points on this defense without Howard. That was even more predictable.

He’s still young and a good player. Having a football team is not an academic exercise. You play to win and you need to build a good team to win. Not signing him would be just like the proverbial hamster spinning on a wheel.

They will sign him.

I'd be scared. I don't think he is nearly as good as the interception numbers lend to believe. I could easily see him inked for big money and then we have another Reshad Jones situation...an occasional big play but obvious that he is not the player we thought he was when we gave him the contract.

For contracts like that I want someone who has been the unquestioned superstar throughout his life. Xavien Howard doesn't fit that profile at all. He was a 2 star or 3 star recruit, depending on which service you relied on. He was a nice player at Baylor but hardly a superstar. Second round status was sensible.

Rhodes, Sherman, Slay, Peters, Hayward, Bouye.....corner is not the place where you look for who was bigger and badder than the rest of the kids in high school.

Hes a good CB that can generate turnovers in a game where you need a bunch of good defensive backs in order to hang with any of the big boys. He should get paid.

Back
Top Bottom