Xavien Howard Wants To Be League’s Highest Paid Cb | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Wants To Be League’s Highest Paid Cb

Everybody really loves quabbling over the ****ing salary cap. Again, CK has gone into great detail as to why the cap is a joke. Don’t obsess over it, retain Howard for Christ sake. It’s not coming out of our pocket.
Well, the greatest football dynasty ever obsesses over the cap. Introducing Bill Bellicek.

Well, the greatest football dynasty ever obsesses over the cap. Introducing Bill Bellicek.

It’s more about what positions and the age of the player to Belechick. He went and got Stephen Gilmore because he holds CB as a premium position. We should learn from him.

Gilmore is top 10 for 2018 at 13 million.

Cool. Who has the 8th highest paid CB in the league after signing him to a $65 million dollar deal (I believe one of the highest at the time)? One of the highest paid Safeties? One of the highest paid TEs? OLB? QB?

The Pats don’t obsess about the cap by not paying anybody, they obsess about it by structuring the salaries in an elite way, unlike this shithole of a FO. That’s not a viable excuse for letting talent go.

It was obvious this was coming when he changed agents. When he got injured, there was speculation by some fans on this board that he wouldn’t play again this season to keep his value high. They were right. He has been practicing for the last two weeks and has been a late scratch for both games. I don’t believe he has any desire or thought that he will be in Miami next year. I believe (could be mistaken) that he is now with the same agent that Landry has.

Drafting all the talent in the world means nothing if we can’t keep it. Our dreadful front office has a history of overpaying and has created an over-inflated sense of worth amongst our players.

You pay your stars early rather than wait and let em walk. As far as Miller, Laundry and Vernon the franchise failed to have vision to do this. Howard is not as special as those 3 as they were able to stay healthy and play full seasons. Howard while talented is just another injured Dolphin on this years roster that certainly is not helping us while sitting on the bench.

Is Howard a free agent though? I thought we were looking to pick him up early. His rookie deal doesn’t expire until 19. Maybe he wants to hold out but Miami is his only option at this point unless he is traded.

If injury-proof is the standard, football may not be the sport for you.
If missing 13 games in only 3 seasons is your idea of the injury standard, maybe football knowledge is not a fit for you.

If missing 13 games in only 3 seasons is your idea of the injury standard, maybe football knowledge is not a fit for you.

Nice disingenuous post. He’s been injured twice: once for a torn meniscus (can happen to any player and still started 8 games) and then this time, in which he was likely held out for longer than necessary because the games no longer matter for this **** team.

Let’s hear some more of that awesome football knowledge of yours. Who do you replace him with when you opt for the cheap shitty football management option you’re a proponent of? One of the turd CBs currently on our roster? Or better yet, another draft pick to fill a hole unnecessarily created (you know, typical TBum strategy)?

Should surprise no one that he wants to be top paid.

Top 10 guys get paid top 5 or even market reset money all the time

Is Howard a free agent though? I thought we were looking to pick him up early. His rookie deal doesn’t expire until 19. Maybe he wants to hold out but Miami is his only option at this point unless he is traded.

We could certainly follow the T-bum strategy and wait for his final year and then try to re-sign him, either costing us more or losing him to a better team. Or we could give him an extension now, saving money longterm and keeping one of our few strengths.

Nice disingenuous post. He’s been injured twice: once for a torn meniscus (can happen to any player and still started 8 games) and then this time, in which he was likely held out for longer than necessary because the games no longer matter for this **** team.

Let’s hear some more of that awesome football knowledge of yours. Who do you replace him with when you opt for the cheap ****ty football management option you’re a proponent of? One of the turd CBs currently on our roster? Or better yet, another draft pick to fill a hole unnecessarily created (you know, typical TBum strategy)?

LMAO, I shouldn't even respond to this because it should be pretty easy for anyone that has any clue what so ever to see....but I will to this one. If you think that ANY player who has been injured multiple games in 2 out of his 3 seasons including his last 4 and you want to pay him anywhere close to the top of his position without him proving he can stay healthy, then you really have no football IQ what so ever. We do not have to pay him right now, nor should we until he shows he can stay on the field and play at the level he has when healthy. It should be pretty easy for most to understand that a 3rd year player who has missed over 25% of their games should be approached with caution.

Back
Top Bottom