Xavier Leggett | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavier Leggett

I think Leggett is more of a Round 2 or 3 guy, but he's plenty fast and would give Miami a physical option. I don't see the route running/separation to warrant a 1st, and he's an older prospect. Fit for Miami, though? Yes. Franklin is absolutely worth a 1st, though, and he's also a fit.

To me Leggett is first round right now. We'll know more after the combine. Certainly ahead of some TE from Georgia.
I have not calcd all the receivers. I only went throught the first page on nfldraftbuzz, and those are the four shoo in guys, and Leggett is one of them.

Maybe Id put Leggett ahead of Coleman, so Coleman would be early day 2.
Odunze, mid rounds for me.
Not a fan of Franklin. Not a fan Egbuka, Worthy, Polk.
Burton, day 3.

Last edited:
To me Leggett is first round right now. We'll know more after the combine. Certainly ahead of some TE from Georgia.
I have not calcd all the receivers. I only went throught the first page on nfldraftbuzz, and those are the four shoo in guys, and Leggett is one of them.

Maybe Id put Leggett ahead of Coleman, so Coleman would be early day 2.
Odunze, mid rounds for me.
Not a fan of Franklin. Not a fan Egbuka, Worthy, Polk.
Burton, day 3.

RAC is probably Leggett's best trait. But, why don't you like Franklin?

Legette is a one year wonder who did jack sh*t in his first FOUR years until putting up numbers in year FIVE.

Legette is a one year wonder who did jack sh*t in his first FOUR years until putting up numbers in year FIVE.

Now that you say that it makes me think if I have Leggett in first round then Odunze should be first round too,
I have to change my ranking. I have 5 first round receivers: Harrison, Nabers, Leggett, Odunze, and Coleman. Then Burton leads the second tier of wideouts.
This makes it a really good class. At least going into combine.

Last edited:
Now that you say that it makes me think if I have Leggett in first round then Odunze should be first round too,
I have to change my ranking. I have 5 first round receivers: Harrison, Nabers, Leggett, Odunze, and Coleman. Then Burton leads the second tier of wideouts.
This makes it a really good class. At least going into combine.
It is a terrific class, even without a rare guy like Marvin this would be a strong group.

With all the 7 on 7 the HS kids play and the wide open college offenses we are seeing more and more stud WR's.

And lots of QB's ready to play early in college and then the Pros.

Let's see how he weighs in. He's 20, and has the frame and athleticism to add bulk without sacrificing dynamic movements and long speed. Outside of Harrison Jr and Nabers, he's the WR with the most complete game and upside.

It will be hard. For example, Odunze is 215 and expected to run 4.45. That's a good frame and speed, power.
Franklin is 187 and expected to run 4.35. He will lose speed if he gains mass. We'll see at combine, but right now I do not like it, he is off my board, I'm not interested.
Just as a side note, I do not like 6-3 wideouts, their frame is prohibitive of dominating with quickness, and they are not tall to dominate with size or length like 6-4, 6-5 wideouts. They are neither here nor there. Leggett and Odunze are in this group.

A wr whose stock has dipped some in 2023, but I think would be a good fit in Miami's system is Ainias Smith of Texas A&M. Depending on how the draft class plays out in the offseason, Smith might still be on the board later on day 3 of the draft. He's 5'9 200 but very fast and very good as a playmaker. Hill, Waddle, Smith and Berrios could all play similar styles. EZ and Claypool, if he returns, would give miami size options.

I don't think we should assume that McD wants small, quick WR's just because he has Hill and Waddle. He inherited Waddle and they couldn't pass up trading for Hill so McD tailored his passing game to take advantage of their skills as well as Tua's.

I think he would find a way to use a bunch of big contested catch guys is that is what he had to work with.

And one thing we do know is that he wants WR's who can and will block so that would favor bigger guys generally or at least tougher guys.

If you are looking for a Day 3 WR find one who blocks well and willingly.

I don't think we should assume that McD wants small, quick WR's just because he has Hill and Waddle. He inherited Waddle and they couldn't pass up trading for Hill so McD tailored his passing game to take advantage of their skills as well as Tua's.

I think he would find a way to use a bunch of big contested catch guys is that is what he had to work with.

And one thing we do know is that he wants WR's who can and will block so that would favor bigger guys generally or at least tougher guys.

If you are looking for a Day 3 WR find one who blocks well and willingly.
I think McDaniel likes speed and quickness from his WR's and I agree you need to block as well

A wr whose stock has dipped some in 2023, but I think would be a good fit in Miami's system is Ainias Smith of Texas A&M. Depending on how the draft class plays out in the offseason, Smith might still be on the board later on day 3 of the draft. He's 5'9 200 but very fast and very good as a playmaker. Hill, Waddle, Smith and Berrios could all play similar styles. EZ and Claypool, if he returns, would give miami size options.

This is a great call. Some upside, but he probably won't ever be a top option on a good offense. But, he's super strong and dynamic with the ball in his hands, and he's a very good Punt Returner.

If he were a little better all-around and taller, he'd be a perfect fit to upgrade Miami's 3rd option at WR. But, for a Day 3 pick, he's an excellent fit and would add to the offense. If Miami is looking for bargains at WR, he'd be toward the top of the list.

I went over the second page of WR listed on nfldraftbuzz.com. Here is my verdict.

Malachi Corley WKU
Brian Thomas LSU 1st Rd
Adonai Mitchell TEX
Malik Washington UVA

Brenden Rice USC I'll give him day 2 grade, but would prefer day 3.
Tory Horton MSU
Jalen McMillan UW
Roman Wilson MICH
Ricky Pearsall UF
Jamari Thrash LOU
Devontez Walker UNC
J. Michael Sturdivant UCLA

He's tied with Chase for the most 20+ yard gains of any WR over the last 5 years, but he's done it in 12 games vs 14 for Chase. He's GREAT at just about everything. One of those rare guys who can absorb crazy volume and maintain crazy efficiency, because he's strong/tough through the route, at the catch point, and after the catch, and his acceleration is insane and shows up separating underneath, intermediate, and deep. The distance he covers and creates when he accelerates is as good as I've seen.

He's one of the blue-chip guys in this class - along with the 3 QB's, Harrison Jr., Bowers, the 2 OT's, and Dallas Turner.

Maybe Bowers gets knocked for being a TE, but that's the clear Top 9 to me - with the understanding that I may be underrating someone. I don't think I'm overrating any of those guys, though. Best group of blue-chippers since 2021. CB isn't as good as 2021, but I think it actually stacks up pretty well otherwise. 2021 probably had a better WR3 (cleaner/more obviously special), but I think QB3 is better for 2024, and I'd probably rate Harrison Jr and Nabers ahead of any of Chase/Smith/Waddle as prospects. Bowers vs Pitts is interesting.
"the 3 QB's ?" -guessing QB3 is Penix? 2 OT's- so Fashaanu (sp?) and Alt? I see a gap from QB2 to 3,4,5, etc. And I don't see much gap between OT2 and 3,4,5 etc. Too early to say really, just IMHO right now.

More to Miami's pick, even with the great AJ signing, I still want OT with our 1st, with Armstead's health and Lamm's age. For now don't want WR at 1.
Gotta admit Corely intrigues me with a mid rounder. Like a RB after he gets the ball.

Page 3 on nfldraftbuzz.com

Moose Muhammad TAMU
De'Corian Clark UTSA
Ainias Smith TAMU

Bru McCoy TEN Maybe Day 3. He will need to run under 4.5, and I do not know how he will do with that leg injury.
Jacob Cowing AZ Will need to run 4.4 to be Day 3.
Tre Harris OLE MISS
Jordan Whittington TEX

Dominic Lovett UGA Will need to run 4.4 or under to be Day 3.
Dorian Singer USC
Robert Lewis Ga St
Mario Williams USC

Isaiah Williams ILL Day 3.

Back
Top Bottom