Cornelius Johnson MICH
Silas Bolden ORSt
Kaden Prather MD
Isaiah Neyor TEX
Zakhari Franklin OLE MISS
Ja'Corey Brooks ALA
Jordan Johnson UCF
Tyler Harrell MIA

"the 3 QB's ?" -guessing QB3 is Penix? 2 OT's- so Fashaanu (sp?) and Alt? I see a gap from QB2 to 3,4,5, etc. And I don't see much gap between OT2 and 3,4,5 etc. Too early to say really, just IMHO right now.

More to Miami's pick, even with the great AJ signing, I still want OT with our 1st, with Armstead's health and Lamm's age. For now don't want WR at 1.
Gotta admit Corely intrigues me with a mid rounder. Like a RB after he gets the ball.

Jayden Daniels. He's been too good to discount, and his rise reminds me of Burrow's. Penix is alright, but I have him a couple tiers down. No QB in recent history (since they've tracked them) produced more explosive plays (passing and rushing). He doesn't have crazy arm talent like Williams and Maye, but he's better (today) than either. His combination of process and tools make him a more consistent playmaker. As prospects, I'll most likely still have him QB3, but he has answers/ways to win that make him closer to them than Penix, Nix, and the rest.

The OT group looks really strong, and you might be right. Need to give Latham and the Georgia OT a closer look. Also need to decide just how highly to rate the Washington OT (whose name escapes me at 6 am), but he's probably my dream pick for Miami - OT/OG flexibility, as he's built more like a Guard, but he has OT arm length and movement.

Corley and Ainias Smith have some Deebo to them. Smith looks more dynamic, but Corley is thicker - has even better contact balance. I think they'd have similar roles in Miami.

The OT group looks really strong, and you might be right. Need to give Latham and the Georgia OT a closer look. Also need to decide just how highly to rate the Washington OT (whose name escapes me at 6 am), but he's probably my dream pick for Miami - OT/OG flexibility, as he's built more like a Guard, but he has OT arm length and movement.
Troy Fautanu is the OT from Washington. Great run blocker who has the length to play OT but maybe not the feet for pass protection. Could move inside and be a stud OG.Graham Barton from Duke is another OT likely to move inside, perhaps to C which he played early in his career.

An OT who looks to fit the Fins outside zone requirements is Jordan Morgan from Arizona.Right now he is being projected in the last 1st early 2nd area so he could be a serious target for Miami.

Troy Fautanu is the OT from Washington. Great run blocker who has the length to play OT but maybe not the feet for pass protection. Could move inside and be a stud OG.Graham Barton from Duke is another OT likely to move inside, perhaps to C which he played early in his career.

An OT who looks to fit the Fins outside zone requirements is Jordan Morgan from Arizona.Right now he is being projected in the last 1st early 2nd area so he could be a serious target for Miami.
LOL, I was gonna mention "the OT from Washington" also, don't know why can't bring up the name. I think Mims and Latham are gone by our pick and are more RT. But Fautanu, Barton, and Morgan, are good fits, and very reasonable (even conservative) targets for us. Tyler Guyton, Patrick Paul, others-maybe can get one of them at 2, even.

Jayden Daniels. He's been too good to discount, and his rise reminds me of Burrow's. Penix is alright, but I have him a couple tiers down. No QB in recent history (since they've tracked them) produced more explosive plays (passing and rushing). He doesn't have crazy arm talent like Williams and Maye, but he's better (today) than either. His combination of process and tools make him a more consistent playmaker. As prospects, I'll most likely still have him QB3, but he has answers/ways to win that make him closer to them than Penix, Nix, and the rest.

Corley and Ainias Smith have some Deebo to them. Smith looks more dynamic, but Corley is thicker - has even better contact balance. I think they'd have similar roles in Miami.
Ah. No question based purely on this year's play Daniels is QB1. I just figured after going through the draft process, throwing at combine/pro day, etc, he'd fall to QB3 near Penix, Nix, .....dunno maybe Mccarthy. Kinda presumptuous, yeah.

I went through all of the 90 wideouts listed on nfldraftbuzz.com. This is it for me for the wideouts:

DAY1
Marvin Harrison tOSU
Malik Nabers LSU
Brian Thomas LSU
Keon Coleman FSU

DAY 1/2
Xavier Leggett SC
Rome Odunze UW

Day 2/3
Brenden Rice USC

DAY 3
Jermaine Burton ALA
Jacob Cowing AZ
Isaiah Williams IL
Dominic Lovett UGA
Ali Jennings VT
Hayden Hatten IDAHO
Tahj Washington USC

I went through all of the 90 wideouts listed on nfldraftbuzz.com. This is it for me for the wideouts:

DAY1
Marvin Harrison tOSU
Malik Nabers LSU
Brian Thomas LSU
Keon Coleman FSU

DAY 1/2
Xavier Leggett SC
Rome Odunze UW

Day 2/3
Brenden Rice USC

DAY 3
Jermaine Burton ALA
Jacob Cowing AZ
Isaiah Williams IL
Dominic Lovett UGA
Ali Jennings VT
Hayden Hatten IDAHO
Tahj Washington USC

Coleman vs Odunze is interesting. I think I like them both more in that Top 40 range than the Top 20. We've already gone over Franklin, but I do rate Thomas Jr. ahead of Coleman and Odunze and battling with Franklin for WR3.

I think Emeke Egbuka could make sense, as well. Kind of a super version of the Cracraft role, assuming they like him.

Coleman vs Odunze is interesting. I think I like them both more in that Top 40 range than the Top 20. We've already gone over Franklin, but I do rate Thomas Jr. ahead of Coleman and Odunze and battling with Franklin for WR3.

I think Emeke Egbuka could make sense, as well. Kind of a super version of the Cracraft role, assuming they like him.

Coleman is 6-4. That's a big deal. Odunze is 6-3. I don't like 6-3 receivers. But, for us, since we are looking for #3 wideout or potentially #2 to battle for targets with Waddle, Odunze and Legette are fine. We are not looking for #1 wideout.
Yes, I would not spend a draft pick on Troy Franklin or Emeke Egbuka, any draft pick, I would not hire either. Not interested, I think there will be better options.
Similar to last year with Smith Njigba, I know everybody raved about him, but I am not interested in hiring him at any spot.

Last edited:
Coleman is 6-4. That's a big deal. Odunze is 6-3. I don't like 6-3 receivers. But, for us, since we are looking for #3 wideout or potentially #2 to battle for targets with Waddle, Odunze and Legette are fine. We are not looking for #1 wideout.
Yes, I would not spend a draft pick on Troy Franklin or Emeke Egbuka, any draft pick, I would not hire either. Not interested, I think there will be better options.
Similar to last year with Smith Njigba, I know everybody raved about him, but I am not interested in hiring him at any spot.

Ok why wouldn't you draft Egbuka? And why is the difference between 6'4 and 6'3 so significant to you?

I did a 2 round mock with a bunch of guys on discord, no trades. I took Troy Fautanu and Ja’Tavion Sanders.
I have made those exact selections on online mocks many times.

Not sure Sanders is the blocker we think McD wants but he brings a real big play threat to TE.

Ok why wouldn't you draft Egbuka? And why is the difference between 6'4 and 6'3 so significant to you?

Egbuka does not have good college production for his frame.

Here are some of the representatives of the 6-3 class since 2010:
Demaryius Thomas
Riley Cooper
Eric Decker
Julio Jones
Austin Pettis
Michael Floyd
Alshon Jeffery
Jordan Matthews
Allen Robinson
Kevin White
Devante Parker
Michael Thomas
Corey Davis
Cortland Sutton
DK Metcalf
George Pickens
Cedric Tillman

Here are 6-4:
AJ Green
Kenny Golladay
Mack Hollins
Marquez Valdes Scantling
Michael Pittman
Chase Claypool
Nico Collins
Christian Watson
Drake London

The difference is noticable starting with the way we perceive the receiver to the actual way thay play with their frame.

Back
Top Bottom