Xavier Leggett | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavier Leggett

Egbuka does not have good college production for his frame.

Here are some of the representatives of the 6-3 class since 2010:
Demaryius Thomas
Riley Cooper
Eric Decker
Julio Jones
Austin Pettis
Michael Floyd
Alshon Jeffery
Jordan Matthews
Allen Robinson
Kevin White
Devante Parker
Michael Thomas
Corey Davis
Cortland Sutton
DK Metcalf
George Pickens
Cedric Tillman

Here are 6-4:
AJ Green
Kenny Golladay
Mack Hollins
Marquez Valdes Scantling
Michael Pittman
Chase Claypool
Nico Collins
Christian Watson
Drake London

The difference is noticable starting with the way we perceive the receiver to the actual way thay play with their frame.

Bro, you ****ing with me?

I think Egbuka is going to be a better Pro than he was at OH ST this year.

He gets great separation and has good hands.

At worst he is an outstanding slot.I suppose there is a small chance he goes back to school and he is playing in the Bowl game so you never know.

This WR class is outstanding at the top and from a depth perspective.

Egbuka isn't as dynamic as some of these other WR's, but I mentioned him because he plays well inside and has good size - making him the most obvious Cracraft upgrade.

I
Egbuka isn't as dynamic as some of these other WR's, but I mentioned him because he plays well inside and has good size - making him the most obvious Cracraft upgrade.

I could be wrong about Egbuka. Hartline LOVES him. I didn’t see it with Terry McLaurin either.

I

I could be wrong about Egbuka. Hartline LOVES him. I didn’t see it with Terry McLaurin either.

Feels like his landing spot will be important. Think he profiles as a power slot. I do think Miami should be serious about adding some bulk and toughness inside/underneath - another big back that is actually good, a physical TE, and ideally a WR who can do what Cracraft does - but with more size/strength and with more playmaking ability.

In the 2023 Draft, I really liked Tucker Kraft, Darnell Washington, and Sam LaPorta for Miami, because Kraft and Washington would have been major upgrades to Smythe (sooner than later), and LaPorta can do most of the things that Cracraft can.

It's hard to be consistent vs top D's when speed is your only way to win. Miami has the guys to stretch out opposing defenses. They don't imo have enough guys to take advantage of the voids underneath.

The CBs are not as good at the top of the draft, but it is a deep class. Bowers is better than Pitts, but still not worth a top 10 pick. The QBs are deep, but I’m not a fan of Bo Nix. I love the WR class, easily a half dozen first rounders.
At what point do you consider trading up if Bowers starts to fall?

It's pretty scary to think of inserting him with Hill and Waddle.

I don't agree that YAC is the most important ability. We are after speed and "quickness." If you watch Waddle he is super smooth and quick in routes, I would say 95 percentile in the league when you watch him. Then there is Tyreek who is off the charts compared to 95 percentiles.
To that end, I don't think we'd be after big framed receivers because they are just clunku even when they are fast and quick for their frame, they are just too big.
Nabers being the smallest of the top bunch, he'd fit the best, but not because of YAC ability. I would be looking for ferraris but not over 6-0.
I think Franklin would fit perfectly. I wish he broke more tackles, but there's something to be said for guys who can easily separate. Franklin gets wide open. Tua would love him.

Plus, Hill has talked about playing for just a few more years. So, maybe it makes sense to keep drafting explosive players.

After kind of initially dismissing him, I keep coming back to Franklin. I personally think the team needs a bigger receiver who can be a redzone threat, but Franklin is a really exciting prospect and maybe a perfect fit.

I think Franklin would fit perfectly. I wish he broke more tackles, but there's something to be said for guys who can easily separate. Franklin gets wide open. Tua would love him.

Plus, Hill has talked about playing for just a few more years. So, maybe it makes sense to keep drafting explosive players.

After kind of initially dismissing him, I keep coming back to Franklin. I personally think the team needs a bigger receiver who can be a redzone threat, but Franklin is a really exciting prospect and maybe a perfect fit.

I know you like him, and so do others, but he does not meet my threshhold requirements right now, because of his frame. I am not interested. He is not in my draftables.

I know you like him, and so do others, but he does not meet my threshhold requirements right now, because of his frame. I am not interested. He is not in my draftables.
Fair enough. He does have a slender build like Robby Chosen. That's usually the comp for Franklin.

I don't think we should assume that McD wants small, quick WR's just because he has Hill and Waddle. He inherited Waddle and they couldn't pass up trading for Hill so McD tailored his passing game to take advantage of their skills as well as Tua's.

I think he would find a way to use a bunch of big contested catch guys is that is what he had to work with.

And one thing we do know is that he wants WR's who can and will block so that would favor bigger guys generally or at least tougher guys.

If you are looking for a Day 3 WR find one who blocks well and willingly.
Oronde Gadsden Jr.?

I did a 2 round mock with a bunch of guys on discord, no trades. I took Troy Fautanu and Ja’Tavion Sanders.
Nice. Fautanu is perfect for Miami. I like Sanders a lot, but McDaniel requires Te's that can block.

Although, maybe he makes an exception or feels Sanders has potential to improve as a blocker?

Last edited:
Nice. Fautanu is perfect for Miami. I like Sanders a lot, but McDaniel requires Te's that can block.

Although, maybe he makes an exception or feels Sanders has potential to improve as a blocker?
He is as big as Bowers. I think the kid can block.

He is as big as Bowers. I think the kid can block.
He has not shown it on the field.

He got thrown around like a child when he tried to block in the Bama game.

I doubt he ever develops into much of a run blocker but he will be a dangerous seam threat for sure. We have not seen him show much route running ability or the kind of short area agility you get from the better TE's but he has the straight line speed to be a weapon on deeper routes for sure. His hands are solid.

I would be surprised if the Fins have much interest in him in R2 where he will likely go.

Back
Top Bottom