Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut because they do not like his current contract.

I remember hearing all the same from both the Chargers and Dolphins back when we were talking to them about Seau.

I hope somebody doesnt decide to send SD a 3rd rounder for Boston and take on his contract.

I hate news like this....

Somebody who has NO starters at WR like Philly will wind up with him if he's released, IMO. They have the money and they're DESPERATE for a receiver.

God Ricky, get some frickin balls and sign the guy already. Don't play games with our franchise!

It is more risky to deal a 3rd round pick for this dopehead.

This guy is the Leon Lett of wide receivers. Talented as hell, but he will never be there for you when you need him. This guy has been busted for DUI, has been suspended twice, and has tested positive for both cocaine and marijuana. One suspension was drugs related, and the other was due to his conduct.

He's one drug suspension away from missing an entire year, and he's two suspensions away from being banned from football. And some of you want to invest a third round pick -- a pick that will more than likely net Miami a starting caliber player -- for this dopehead?

The ONLY way I bring this guy in is if the contract he is brought in on brings minimal risk to it. That way, when he ****s up, you can simply release his ***.

I'd gamble a fourth round pick. :D

Seriously, we wait and we may lose out on Boston. Sometimes the only way to get better as a team is to take some chances! Boston is worth a late pick.

If we lose out on Boston, it's not a big loss.

He's going to be just like a lot of players that have the same type of background. He's never going to learn, and he isn't going to dump his gang banging friends. So, you will have a Leon Lett on your hands, except you will be paying dearly for it.

I have a very bad feeling about this, I think if Rick plays games and waits we will lose him. A decision on T.O will come by sunday, chances are he's stayin in Baltimore. This will put the Eags on the hotseat for a receiver. They have more resources at their disposal to land him ie.draft picks and cap room than our team does. We badly need a receiver and here is one staring us in the face, he's ours if we want him, why screw around. GET IT DONE RICK!!!!

I agree KB. It seems like the term "grow some balls" is the Phrase Of The Week around here. Doesn't matter that the guy has a $47 million contract. Or that he has no other suitors at this point. Or that he's got a TON of baggage. Or that he isn't worth a 3rd or $47 million. Or that we could probably get him for nothing. Or that this draft is deeper at WR than it's ever been.

No, we have to inherit that contract and throw trade away another high pick RIGHT NOW. We have to make a flashy move for the sake of making a flashy move. First it was Moss. Then T.O. Now it's Boston. And it's really getting annoying. Everybody goes ape**** over a big name and the insults start flying at the front office.

Be for or against a move. But stop with the "balls" comments already. The easy thing to do would be to just jump on this unsure thing and appease the fans. But they're doing their due dilligence.

A third round pick does not "more than likely" net us a starting caliber player. I'm not so concerned about the 3rd round pick investment as I am the salary investment in the present and future. Getting him via trade means paying his bonus March 15th, and I believe there are a lot of other bonuses stuck in that contract the way it was set up by the late John Butler because it was designed with the uncertainty over Boston's character issues. Thats why the Chargers are even considering cutting or trading him, is because Butler made sure the cap charge for cutting/trading him after the first year is not as big as if he was signed to a legitimate contract for a player of his caliber.

But Boston's not going to be the coveted item people think he will be if/when he hits the market. This draft is full of receiving talent and a lot of teams didnt even bother listing David Boston on their free agency boards last offseason because of the character issues. I think it would be wiser for us to force San Diego's hand in this, if only to get them to accept something like a 4th or 5th rounder in return for us paying part of that bonus or something like that. This isn't quite like the Junior Seau thing, if I remember right I think that bonus was guaranteed but they didnt want to pay it so they were trying to get teams to agree to pay the bonus and trade for him...if they would have ended up paying the bonus themselves I believe they would have kept Junior around.

Wouldnt it be ironic if the eagles deal the pick we gave them for feeley to the Chargers for Boston.

That would suck arse.

Back
Top Bottom