Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut

I disagree that Boston has had one good year. Off the top of my head he's had three seasons with over 70 catches, two over 1000 yds. He had one year that was a monster statistically (98 catches 1600 yds). I also don't see nearly the head case that people are claiming. Last year he argued about his training methods with the coach once. That's it. He served a one game suspension and then by all reports was a model citizen. How is this somebody who doesn't learn?

By the way I don't want him b/c he's a big name. I want the production. Last year it seemed like a ton of his catches were for first downs. That's what Miami needs. We lost that since OG got hurt and was never the same. Boston can be a bigger OG with speed. His hands aren't as good as OG's, but they're a hell of a lot better than TO's. This guy can come in and move the chains. He's a big target for the QB and the CBs can't crowd b/c he can just run past them. If we can get him for a second day pick it's a steal.

Originally posted by Muck
I agree KB. It seems like the term "grow some balls" is the Phrase Of The Week around here. Doesn't matter that the guy has a $47 million contract. Or that he has no other suitors at this point. Or that he's got a TON of baggage. Or that he isn't worth a 3rd or $47 million. Or that we could probably get him for nothing. Or that this draft is deeper at WR than it's ever been.

No, we have to inherit that contract and throw trade away another high pick RIGHT NOW. We have to make a flashy move for the sake of making a flashy move. First it was Moss. Then T.O. Now it's Boston. And it's really getting annoying. Everybody goes ape**** over a big name and the insults start flying at the front office.

Be for or against a move. But stop with the "balls" comments already. The easy thing to do would be to just jump on this unsure thing and appease the fans. But they're doing their due dilligence.
Good post and I agree with you. I know we've lost out on some players but it really hasn't been for lack of effort and Boston is not perfect either. He might be a great adition and he might be a bad one. We don't know so I say lets wait.

Ozzy rules!!

Alot of people think Rick is doing the right thing by waiting. I'm not so sure wait tell he is cut that is crazy somebody will get him the way we could have got T.O.. Keep playing safe and we will have to grab a couple of sucky players or just stick what we got.

Well well well. should we wait? what does spielman know that we dont? what does spielman lack that we have? Or is it that rick has the biggest balls of all and knows that he is ours already?

Or that we dont need to give up anything cus its only four days away! Im tellin yall. this draft is loaded with WR's. a sure thing? boston was a sure thing last year? did you hear his reasoning why he didnt get along with SD and coaching staff? sounds pretty lame to me for a guy who is a work hound in the weight room.

But dont get me wrong. im not against getting Boston at all.

I put the thread up before. why not wait? top 15 teams with high draft picks dont want to give up anything when they have all these WR in the draft waiting for them. Most teams already have good WR's. This is what i was driving at.
The market. The Boston Market. That agent has talked to a few teams. But what did those teams say? Does Spielman know? He knows damn well his agent is either making stuff up or is not getting the anweres he wants to hear. His contract is large for a guy who never lived up to his monster deal. Sullivan is waiting for him to come home to pappa. Ill say it again, why not wait?

somebody else gets him and i gaurrantee you they will either overpay or he wont fit the needs or system or he cant get along with the coaching staff. we have sullivan.
We have sullivan.
We have sullivan.

come home to pappa with an agent who is willing to redo your deal and give nothing up in draft picks. San diego doesnt want him and they will be left with him and having to deal with sending him to a team who he doesnt want to play for! Bingo!

Originally posted by KBISBACK
If we lose out on Boston, it's not a big loss.

He's going to be just like a lot of players that have the same type of background. He's never going to learn, and he isn't going to dump his gang banging friends. So, you will have a Leon Lett on your hands, except you will be paying dearly for it.

I think that was just about the most ignorant comment I have ever seen in my short time on this board. Stupid post man.......

Isn't it a lock for Miami to get Boston who has an excellent relationship with Miami's WR coach??

This "wait til he gets cut" thing has alot of thought into it by our FO and maybe they know that he wants to play for Miami.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Isn't it a lock for Miami to get Boston who has an excellent relationship with Miami's WR coach??

This "wait til he gets cut" thing has alot of thought into it by our FO and maybe they know that he wants to play for Miami.

It's a risk, someone could sweep in a trade before he's cut and he never hits FA. And if he does, we could have the eagles breathing down our necks offering way more than we can. I'd use that 3 just to secure the stinking deal.

Originally posted by Graythreat

It's a risk, someone could sweep in a trade before he's cut and he never hits FA. And if he does, we could have the eagles breathing down our necks offering way more than we can. I'd use that 3 just to secure the stinking deal.

Dude, the Iggles aren't gonna sweep in and do anything. After only offering the 49'ers a 5th rounder and a scrub Thrash for TO, what makes you think they'd give SD anything worth value in Boston???? C'mon man..........too much is being made of the Eagles when they're not even on the radar at the moment, it's all forum hearsay. Andy Reid's got a helluva team, especially now that they've aquired Kearse........they're not one David Boston away from the NFC title, in my own personal opinion. Besides, all signs point to David Boston only being successful where Sullivan is and Sullivan is our WR coach last I checked. If Boston would head to the Eagles, he'd just get weirder and more detached........that atmosphere is not for him. Not to mention Andy Reid is as big of a hard-azz as Schottenheimer and we all know how that worked out between Boston and Marty.

I too think hes worth a 3, but we have no idea if thats definitely the asking price, the original article this all came from speculated that we offered a 3 and said that shouldnt be enough for him.. but that came from a SD source. Miami radio stations say hes not even worth a 3...
all varying opinions, we have no idea what the asking price really is.

that being said, i think it's fairly cheap, and were just trying to make it cheaper, which is fine by me. I'd like to have it wrapped up before the TO situation is resolved to be safe.

however, i dont see the eagles being a big player, if you recall they didnt make a big fuss about the TO situation because they knew they hadnt offered a great deal for him, SF did nothing wrong, and they werent that fond of bringing TOs personality in in the first place. you dont hear the eagles crying foul, it's TO
I really don't think david boston is a character reid wants. TO is a coaches nightmare if he doesnt like you but since he wants to play for the eagles it shouldnt be as big a deal, Boston on the other hand wont argue with the coach who let's him do his own thing (like wanny would and has in the past with ricky) boston doesnt fight with coaches, argue about balls getting thrown to him, he just wants to do his own workout plans and hang out on his own, not much of a team guy... doesnt fit reids profile, even moreso than owens and hes not viewed to be as talented as owens, i just dont see many suitors for Boston, just like the first time he hit free agency and their weren't many suitors because of his personality and the injury the previous year.

bring him home rick

Here comes the bossman, callin, callin...
:cpatch: :dance: :cpatch:

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0

however, i dont see the eagles being a big player, if you recall they didnt make a big fuss about the TO situation because they knew they hadnt offered a great deal for him, SF did nothing wrong, and they werent that fond of bringing TOs personality in in the first place. you dont hear the eagles crying foul, it's TO
I really don't think david boston is a character reid wants. TO is a coaches nightmare if he doesnt like you but since he wants to play for the eagles it shouldnt be as big a deal, Boston on the other hand wont argue with the coach who let's him do his own thing (like wanny would and has in the past with ricky) boston doesnt fight with coaches, argue about balls getting thrown to him, he just wants to do his own workout plans and hang out on his own, not much of a team guy... doesnt fit reids profile, even moreso than owens and hes not viewed to be as talented as owens, i just dont see many suitors for Boston, just like the first time he hit free agency and their weren't many suitors because of his personality and the injury the previous year.

bring him home rick

Here comes the bossman, callin, callin...
:cpatch: :dance: :cpatch:

Amen dude...........finally someone who doesn't believe that Eagles crap.

Originally posted by enigmatics

Dude, the Iggles aren't gonna sweep in and do anything. After only offering the 49'ers a 5th rounder and a scrub Thrash, what makes you think they'd give SD anything worth value in Boston???? C'mon man..........too much is being made of the Eagles when they're not even on the radar at the moment, it's all forum hearsay. Andy Reid's got a helluva team, especially now that they've aquired Kearse........they're not one David Boston away from the NFC title, in my own personal opinion. Besides, all signs point to David Boston only being successful where Sullivan is and Sullivan is our WR coach last I checked. If Boston would head to the Eagles, he's just get weirder and more detached........that atmosphere is not for him. Not to mention Andy Reid is as big of a hard-*** as Schottenheimer and we all know how that worked out between Boston and Marty.

"dude" they offered the 5 because they knew they could get him for that, and he wanted to go there. What they have is MONEY, and an abundance of it. They were set to outbid the rest of the NFL for TO.

And I don't buy that "he's only successful where Sullivan is" load either. He played ONE year out of sullivan. A year coming off of injuries, his first year in a system that played musical QB"s, with their best being Breese who has a weak arm.

We NEED this deal, a 3rd is not expensive for a first round talent, a guy who has posted 1k yard seasons, and is only 25. Give the 3rd, renegotiate the deal, and don't RISK it. We've lost quite a few FA"s so far, what do you plan to do IF we lose him? We're out of OL options thus far aside from a few 1-2 year patches, so we need to draft OL to groom at the least, if not start. How do you plan to do that when we have a glaring need at #3 WR?

A 3rd round pick is less than a 50/50 chance at success. Yes, we've had luck in the past, but that's rare. Boston can be a franchise WR given the right circumstances, but more than that his trade price is cheap, and he gives us options.

"dude" they offered the 5 because they knew they could get him for that, and he wanted to go there. What they have is MONEY, and an abundance of it. They were set to outbid the rest of the NFL for TO.

Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??????????????????? Did it really matter if TO "wanted" to play for them???? Obviously not there guy. The 49'ers held the cards in where he ended up and guess what, he ended up a Raven not an Eagle. So again, tell me how TO wanting to be an Eagle has anything to do with the trade compensation of a 5th rounder and James Thrash???????? And who cares about their money, as of right now TO isn't a free agent and he certainly wasn't upon being dealt to Baltimore.

The Eagles aren't desperate to add anyone. Desperate means they would've give up a 2nd rounder immediately for a guy who wanted dearly to be an Eagle and a guy who's easily top 2 or 3 in the whole NFL, a game dominator.

Originally posted by Graythreat

And I don't buy that "he's only successful where Sullivan is" load either. He played ONE year out of sullivan. A year coming off of injuries, his first year in a system that played musical QB"s, with their best being Breese who has a weak arm.

it's not that he's ONLY successful with sullivan it's that he worked with him for 4 years, they still have a friendship and he flourished under sullivan. he put up some insane numbers on a terrible team with sullivan aboard. Yes he is worth a 3rd, most people on this board aren't questioning that, but if you think the FO hasn't put feelers out to see what the market is for boston then you are crazy. Those of us on the board are going on speculation, the FO definitely knows what's going on. The event of the Ravens stealing TO from the eagles is rare because the niners didnt give a **** about TO and the eagle deal was awful.. I think in this case if there was another team in the mix (only 4 were contacted by Bostons agent--one was us) then the offers would probably be comparable and the chargers would say, hey these guys offered me this, can you top it?

it wont be a theft job by anyone... we'll have a shot at him either way, it's just a matter of if we can pony up the asking price(again, you don't KNOW it's a 3rd round pick right now--all speculation, and i know, cause i was one of the people to break the updates, ive read all the articles and no guaranteed asking price has been set) or pony up the money in FA

Originally posted by enigmatics

Huhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??????????????????? Did it really matter if TO "wanted" to play for them???? Obviously not there guy. The 49'ers held the cards in where he ended up and guess what, he ended up a Raven not an Eagle. So again, tell me how TO wanting to be an Eagle has anything to do with the trade compensation of a 5th rounder and James Thrash???????? And who cares about their money, as of right now TO isn't a free agent and he certainly wasn't upon being dealt to Baltimore.

The Eagles aren't desperate to add anyone. Desperate means they would've give up a 2nd rounder immediately for a guy who wanted dearly to be an Eagle and a guy who's easily top 2 or 3 in the whole NFL, a game dominator.

don't kind yourself, the 9ers were out to spite TO. FYI the NFL was going to give them the 33rd pick in the draft on a gold platter to let TO become a FA. They quick shot him off to the Ravens out of SPITE. He cause them nothing but grief, and watned to go to the Eagles, stating it publicly. They had a first rounder, all they had to do was let the eagles sign the loud mouth, but they didn't. In a last shot to TO's nuts, they traded him to the Ravens. Great move IMO, sends a great message to ****y players.

Had the eagles even thought they would ahve lost out on TO, they would have offered a higher pick, hands down. As it was, the general idea was that the 9ers would get the 33rd pick, and TO would become an FA. There was no need for them to offer their 2nd pick. Ravens snapped at the oppertunity and walked away with their man.

Now we have the eagles awaiting the decision on TO. Which incedenly will be done by sunday. Just enough time to offer a 3rd round pick for Boston before he's released and they have to out bid other teams in the NFL for their services.

Believe what you want, WR is their really weak spot right now, it's no secret they were persuing TO off the bat because he was the best option, and could make an immediate impact. Boston is now the best option,a nd can make an immediate impact.

SD isnt' thrilled with Boston's history. If the eagles swoop in with a last minute offer, there's no doubt in my mind that theyll low ball us as well. It would be better for them to accept a 4th rounder than to cut the guy and get NOTHING. THey wouldn't be that stupid, at 11th hour, they'll take what is offered, its' their right as the ball is in their court, not Boston's.

Back
Top Bottom