Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut

I agree ... Get it done now ... we might have the inside track if he goes Free Agency ... but that wont stop a late trade to San Diego.

He's never going to learn, and he isn't going to dump his gang banging friends.

This guy has been busted for DUI, has been suspended twice, and has tested positive for both cocaine and marijuana.
[-Quote-]

Where does this come from? If I am hearing everything right ... the DUI ... Cocaine and Marijuana were all from the same incident. The car wreck ... where after that he has turned into a fitness finatic that is reclusive.

Seems like he learned his lesson and since he was tested 7 times for drugs and steroids last year ... makes you think that maybe he isnt using them dont you think. Not to mention his gang banging buddies ... seems from all the reports on him his biggest problem is hanging out with his personal trainer?

If you got a problem with Boston why not make a legitimate argument instead of just some random rants that everyone has that is pre-judging him cause he is different.

Boston is young and is a stud receiver. We would not get a better player with our 3rd pick...hell, Whitley was a 3rd rounder last year. Take a chance, get him and restructure his contract. I cannot take another year of our inept receivers. I'm sick of the Thompsons, McKnights, Martins, Wards and Shepards we've masqueraded as legit #2 receivers. We need talent on our O, period. Boston had a "down" year last year and he still outproduced every receiver on our roster combined other than Chambers. Make the deal. If it bombs, at least we fans know that the FO at least took a chance to improve.

Randy Moss had serious issues in college, would you take him now? He's a headcase but he seems to have straightened his act out. People can change, maybe being back with his old coach in miami is just what he needs.

Larry Shannon

Yatil Green

Lamar Thomas

etc etc

I also think this is not really to be compared to the TO or Randy Moss situations other than all three having character issues.

Terrell Owens is older than David Boston, and his character issues have been just as detrimental if not more than Boston's. However he's also flat out more talented than David Boston, who has basically had one good statistical year since joining the NFL. This means that Terrell was going to have to get more $$$ than a David Boston would be able to ask for when/if you (re)negotiate his contract. So Owens is more expensive, and the draft pick needed to trade for him whether the trade was legal or illegal, was flat out higher than we had and more than we were willing to give...rightfully so. We don't even have a 2nd rounder, and we rightfully were not willing to give up this year's first rounder, next year's first rounder, or Adewale Ogunleye. And if anyone chimes in saying we could have given up Madison I think I'd just about be ready to b|tch slap them cuz if the last few years have taught us anything its that player for player trades just do not happen all that often...so you should always err on the side of saying it probably can't/won't happen rather than getting into your Madden 2004 franchise mode mentality.

Randy Moss, that situation is just WAY different. Moss might be the best player in the NFL...and it would have taken a trade that would make the Hershel Walker trade seem like small potatoes.

Boston is not as good as these guys, but he CAN be pretty good. Is he the perennial pro bowler some envision? No. But he brings good blocking to the table on the perimeter for Ricky, he brings some freakish abilities and the ability to bust open some games, and would make a pretty good compliment for Chambers. He's worth more to us because we have the WR coach that made him into the great talent he use to be...so there's a good chance he could do that again. But the thing that distinguishes him from TO and Moss is the price tag and realistic nature of it all. Yes, Boston and Sullivan remain pretty good friends and Boston even wanted to work out with Jerry during the offseason but Jerry got fired from Zona. Also, the cat is out of the bag now and everyone knows San Diego's got a bonus on their hands they dont want to dish out...so a cut possibility is looming especially the way Boston has alienated people around there. As for the $47 million contract I do know that he's set to be paid $36 million the next 6 years in base salary, but those salaries and cap figures will naturally be brought down by our front office...we've seen it time and again.

Cheaper price for a cheaper product. Thats what this is. Its not about the glitz and glamour of making the big trade or the big signing. Its about filling a glaring need to the point where you can walk into the war room on draft day with a clear conscience ready to pick the best player on the board, not the best guy left at ONE position.

As I have said before , if the man wants to play here the deal is half done. His agent just needs to talk the right numbers and I,m sure something can be worked out .As you can see in the TO trade , trying to send a player to a team he does not want to play for is a future mess. I,m sure SD knows this and is looking for the best deal that can be done. We I,m sure will do the same. It just FA Poker, lets see how this plays out.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I also think this is not really to be compared to the TO or Randy Moss situations other than all three having character issues.

Terrell Owens is older than David Boston, and his character issues have been just as detrimental if not more than Boston's. However he's also flat out more talented than David Boston, who has basically had one good statistical year since joining the NFL. This means that Terrell was going to have to get more $$$ than a David Boston would be able to ask for when/if you (re)negotiate his contract. So Owens is more expensive, and the draft pick needed to trade for him whether the trade was legal or illegal, was flat out higher than we had and more than we were willing to give...rightfully so. We don't even have a 2nd rounder, and we rightfully were not willing to give up this year's first rounder, next year's first rounder, or Adewale Ogunleye. And if anyone chimes in saying we could have given up Madison I think I'd just about be ready to b|tch slap them cuz if the last few years have taught us anything its that player for player trades just do not happen all that often...so you should always err on the side of saying it probably can't/won't happen rather than getting into your Madden 2004 franchise mode mentality.

Randy Moss, that situation is just WAY different. Moss might be the best player in the NFL...and it would have taken a trade that would make the Hershel Walker trade seem like small potatoes.

Boston is not as good as these guys, but he CAN be pretty good. Is he the perennial pro bowler some envision? No. But he brings good blocking to the table on the perimeter for Ricky, he brings some freakish abilities and the ability to bust open some games, and would make a pretty good compliment for Chambers. He's worth more to us because we have the WR coach that made him into the great talent he use to be...so there's a good chance he could do that again. But the thing that distinguishes him from TO and Moss is the price tag and realistic nature of it all. Yes, Boston and Sullivan remain pretty good friends and Boston even wanted to work out with Jerry during the offseason but Jerry got fired from Zona. Also, the cat is out of the bag now and everyone knows San Diego's got a bonus on their hands they dont want to dish out...so a cut possibility is looming especially the way Boston has alienated people around there. As for the $47 million contract I do know that he's set to be paid $36 million the next 6 years in base salary, but those salaries and cap figures will naturally be brought down by our front office...we've seen it time and again.

Cheaper price for a cheaper product. Thats what this is. Its not about the glitz and glamour of making the big trade or the big signing. Its about filling a glaring need to the point where you can walk into the war room on draft day with a clear conscience ready to pick the best player on the board, not the best guy left at ONE position.

what he said

Originally posted by ckparrothead
A third round pick does not "more than likely" net us a starting caliber player.

I agree. & besides there's a difference between a starting caliber player & a flat out starter like Boston is.

If we could get Boston for nothing in free agency, great, but I think there will be a lot more takers then, Philly for one.

One thing that will be a major factor in where Boston goes is the TO situation, if it is ruled that he is a FA, then he goes to Philly and The Ravens are looking for a WR. If they were willing to give up a 2nd for TO I think they would have an interest in Boston.

Unless he does not want to go there in which case he would not redo his contract and the TO mess becomes the Boston tea party! I then would say the Ravens are having a bad week!

I so hope we get Boston...how sick would Chambers/Boston be? Aint a corner tandem in the league that can deal with that! lol

maybe ours could,madison on boston,surtain on chambers...who would win

Back
Top Bottom