Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut

Originally posted by Graythreat

don't kind yourself, the 9ers were out to spite TO. FYI the NFL was going to give them the 33rd pick in the draft on a gold platter to let TO become a FA. They quick shot him off to the Ravens out of SPITE. He cause them nothing but grief, and watned to go to the Eagles, stating it publicly. They had a first rounder, all they had to do was let the eagles sign the loud mouth, but they didn't. In a last shot to TO's nuts, they traded him to the Ravens. Great move IMO, sends a great message to ****y players.

Had the eagles even thought they would ahve lost out on TO, they would have offered a higher pick, hands down. As it was, the general idea was that the 9ers would get the 33rd pick, and TO would become an FA. There was no need for them to offer their 2nd pick. Ravens snapped at the oppertunity and walked away with their man.

Now we have the eagles awaiting the decision on TO. Which incedenly will be done by sunday. Just enough time to offer a 3rd round pick for Boston before he's released and they have to out bid other teams in the NFL for their services.

Believe what you want, WR is their really weak spot right now, it's no secret they were persuing TO off the bat because he was the best option, and could make an immediate impact. Boston is now the best option,a nd can make an immediate impact.

SD isnt' thrilled with Boston's history. If the eagles swoop in with a last minute offer, there's no doubt in my mind that theyll low ball us as well. It would be better for them to accept a 4th rounder than to cut the guy and get NOTHING. THey wouldn't be that stupid, at 11th hour, they'll take what is offered, its' their right as the ball is in their court, not Boston's.

Their right? Just like it was the 49'ers right to get a better draft pick out of TO??? You're being hypocritical. Again it doesn't matter what TO wants and I think the 49'ers are d*cks, but by all means it's their right because they owned his rights. And that 33rd pick???? What happened to that???? It was rumored that that "might" be an option, but it never materialized.

You're still not answering my question about how desperate the Eagles really are.............c'mon man, they knew other teams would bid for his services, the Ravens have been reported since he was shown at the Pro Bowl with Ray Lewis. Keyword "reported", which the Eagles HAVE NOT been with Boston. Boston does not fit them at all..........Owens would, mainly because he wants to be there. Please explain to me why the Eagles didn't cough up any money for D-Bo when he was a free agent last season if they're so desperate and willing to swoop down at any moment to snatch the guy up. I think you're forgetting who their head coach and GM is man. Again, I say the Eagles are not one Boston away from an NFL title. They were one TO though..........

Originally posted by KBISBACK
If we lose out on Boston, it's not a big loss.

He's going to be just like a lot of players that have the same type of background. He's never going to learn, and he isn't going to dump his gang banging friends. So, you will have a Leon Lett on your hands, except you will be paying dearly for it.

Where did you get this information about him being friends with gang bangers?
From what his bio says, it sounds like he comes from an upper middle class supportive two parent family. not exactly the background of a guy that hangs out with gang bangers. Also isn't he about 3 years removed from the cocaine incident? Could be he has been commited to saying clean since then, it's not like it is a really recent incident.

Here's an excerpt from his bio at www.chargers.com:

"Boston has always been very close with his immediate family, particularly his father, Byron, who is in his ninth year as a line judge in the National Football League. He sees his dad as both hero and role model, and is particularly proud of his father because he worked two jobs when David was young to provide for their family. David remembers that his love for football was instilled as a youth when he and Byron would attend Houston Oilers games. Byron has continued to work at H&R Block through his officiating career which has included Super Bowl XXXIV and two NFC Championship games.

Boston’s mother, Carolyn, is a school teacher in Houston and the president and chief executive officer of Boston Sports Enterprises, Inc. She works closely with David and helps him respond to the many fan mail requests he receives each year. David’s older brother, Byron Jr., who played football at Sam Houston State, is a Dallas policeman in a unit that investigates drug complaints in high-crime areas of Dallas. His sister, Alicia, is an attorney in Houston who helped negotiate Boston’s first NFL contract."

so are the eagles...

Eagles | No Interest in Boston - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:27:15 -0800

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Philadelphia Eagles do not have any interest in trading for San Diego Chargers WR David Boston, who was recently put on the trading block.

So, in conclusion:

No one has been able to back up the claim that "Bostons friends are gangbangers".

He has passed every drug test since his DUI.

He, contrary to former posts, actually had good seasons in SD, despite SD being a doormat and all the personal trouble.

Im not saying we should give up 1st rounds picks for this guy, but he would be a great addition.

Originally posted by madcow
so are the eagles...

Eagles | No Interest in Boston - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:27:15 -0800

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Philadelphia Eagles do not have any interest in trading for San Diego Chargers WR David Boston, who was recently put on the trading block.

yeah and a few days ago, we had absolutely no interest in boston either......

A team wont' come out and say 'we dont' have interest in this guy" very often. Their saying "if TO doesn't come here we're going to trade for him, but it would be REALLY stupid for us to say that out loud, as miami would certainly trade for him if they knew we were interested".

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut because they do not like his current contract.

I remember hearing all the same from both the Chargers and Dolphins back when we were talking to them about Seau.

I hope somebody doesnt decide to send SD a 3rd rounder for Boston and take on his contract.

I hate news like this....

Is that even a credible source:confused: :confused: :confused:

Re: Re: Xtra690 Report: Dolphins content to wait until Boston is cut

Originally posted by DolFinatic718

Is that even a credible source:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes. It's credible. Two different shows discussed it and 3-4 news breaks did as well that I heard driving around.

The newspapers are also reporting it out here in So Cal.

690 SUCKS!!!!!

Stop by the Mighty 1090.

I Love the commercial - "Why settle for 6, when you can have a perfect 10"

BTW -
Hank has just mentioned that the Bucs are in fact talking to Boston.....

wa wah wa wah wa wah.......

this is starting to sound like a charlie brown cartoon....

Back
Top Bottom