Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft

Welcome to the wonderful world of the NFL Draft, where 4 hours at the combine matters more than 4 years of college to some people.:rolleyes:

Look buddy all Im saying is if Quinn doesnt run a 4.5 or lower he's going to slip

Still want him?

Did you folks read the article? Look at the bold red. Do you still want him?

9. Miami Dolphins – Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame. The Dolphins still are without a head coach, and rumors have swirled that they might change the front office once again as well. One move that would make sense no matter what is for Miami finally to get a long-term answer at quarterback. Enter Quinn, who could slide down a few picks more than expected similar to Matt Leinart's drop a year ago. And remember the last time the Dolphins found a franchise QB through the draft? He also was an experienced college quarterback who fell down the draft board for various reasons: Dan Marino. Quinn would start the season as a backup to either Daunte Culpepper or Joey Harrington and would be ready to step into the starting role as early as 2008. The potential for Quinn to slide comes from his ineffectiveness in big games, the number of juniors entering the draft and the need for several teams in front of the Dolphins to find a quick-fix player. Miami was a close evaluator of Jay Cutler leading up to last year's draft and now again sits in prime position to solidify the quarterback position. The Dolphins' needs along the offensive line are likely to be addressed in free agency, as are their needs at defensive tackle and safety. Quinn is a good fit for their marketplace, too, because he has a big name but the type of maturity and character to handle the South Beach lifestyle.

If Chris Leak is still there in the 4th or 5th take him.
or Kevin Kolb or John Beck

or wait till next yr and get Colt., with a new coach maybe Joey can spring to life and Cleo, and of course Daunte.

Colt is worth the wait. Watch him play.

I'm sorry that was unfair, because if Quinn dropped to say bottom of 2nd and below I might draft him as a project. The stigma of not winning the big games will haunt him and whoever drafts him will continually kick themselves in the butt even if it wasn't his fault, as in misplaced animosity. To me this is huge odds. Just ask Dan Marino, and he has the stats. Verdict - #9 is too high for Quinn... IMO.

It really is laughable. I don't think Peyton Manning could run a 4.5 FFS.

Also, Brady Quinn CAN run a 4.5. He had a huge run against USC last season, and the guy has speed. I was shocked to see how fast he was, I don't think anyone really expected that.

Brady Quinn falling to the 9th spot would be a gift from God.....no way in hell we pass on him

Either of them would make me a very angry man. RB is the strongest point, offensively, on this team. And we definitely don't need to spend our first round pick on a QB. Third round, maybe. Fourth round, probably. Sixth round, why not? First round, no way.

So, in other words form your perspective the Phins should be looking for a long term answer at the backup QB position.
I guess you are 200% sure DC is going to be 100% healthy and play up to his pro bowl caliber self, which he hasn't done in over 3 yrs.
I don't share your optimism. When the opportunity presents itself (which isn't often) to draft a potential franchise QB you jump at the chance.

It really is laughable. I don't think Peyton Manning could run a 4.5 FFS.

Also, Brady Quinn CAN run a 4.5. He had a huge run against USC last season, and the guy has speed. I was shocked to see how fast he was, I don't think anyone really expected that.

Brady Quinn can NOT run a 4.5 40. He ran a 4.7... which is still pretty mobile. He's quick to get out of the pocket if he has to.

And his " inability " to show up in Big Games is ridiculous. The guy has had consistent ratings over 80 in any big game, its just his defense and running attack that has let him down

Brady Quinn can NOT run a 4.5 40. He ran a 4.7... which is still pretty mobile. He's quick to get out of the pocket if he has to.

And his " inability " to show up in Big Games is ridiculous. The guy has had consistent ratings over 80 in any big game, its just his defense and running attack that has let him down

That's ridiculous. He's a clutch QB which is unfortunate in UCLA's case. He fared decently against USC and others also throughout his career.

Keep in mind an 80 QB rating is less than stellar in college.

Keep in mind an 80 QB rating is less than stellar in college.

By no means is it amazing, but considering Brady Quinn was working with a weak Offensive Line, a running back who barely did squat and he faced some of the best defenses in Michigan and USC.. he did alright.

When you go 1:1 ratio in TD/INTs and have it considered an absolutely horrible day by your standards, you must be a pretty good player.

also, his stats for his big " let down games " this year..

MichiganL 47-21 24 48 234 50.0 33 3 3 QB Rating: 99.08

@USCL 44-24 22 45 274 48.9 42 3 0 QB Rating: 122

@LSUL 41-14 15 35 148 42.9 24 2 2 QB Rating: 85

I don't know about you, but it sure seems that these are really none of his fault. The LSU game he was getting absolutely horrific pressure right off the snap, something you can blame his line for. He had an awesome game against USC, throwing 0 INTs and 3 TDs while looking great on his feet when he had to.

Why in the world is this site in love with Brian Brohm, who has not looked as good while playing much worse opponents, and hating on Brady Quinn, who has constantly been classy and an overall franchise type of quarterback?

no need for a QB just yet...we have 3 guys who CAN start and play well...Culpepper, Harrington, and Lemon...yea they arent the best, but they can play.

no need for an RB

Yes we need receivers...but im really not a fan of drafting a receiver so high...what happened to Braylon Edwards? Mike Williams? Chad Jackson? Nobody hears of them anymore!

No need for a TE...yes we need OL. one could say we have many guys at OL...really LT isnt the biggest concern..D-Mac can play there...its our LEFT GUARD position we need help at.....Hadnot and McKinney can battle for C..and RT is kept by Vernon Carey, along with RG kept by LJ Shelton. i wouldnt be mad if we DIDNT draft an OL.

DL is fine...Taylor, Bowens, Holliday (FA), Carter, R. Wright, M. Wright, Vickerson, Evans, Zgonina, Roth...perhaps draft a DL later...LB is okay...i wouldnt mind drafting a Patrick Willis, or Paul Poluszny though...and CB is another need.

ME....id draft either an LB, or CB with my first pick. THAT IS...if we dont address that in FA's...if we DO...then id probably pick a Guard...if we also address that in FA's...then fine, take a receiver.

no need for a QB just yet...we have 3 guys who CAN start and play well...Culpepper, Harrington, and Lemon...yea they arent the best, but they can play.

no need for an RB

Yes we need receivers...but im really not a fan of drafting a receiver so high...what happened to Braylon Edwards? Mike Williams? Chad Jackson? Nobody hears of them anymore!

No need for a TE...yes we need OL. one could say we have many guys at OL...really LT isnt the biggest concern..D-Mac can play there...its our LEFT GUARD position we need help at.....Hadnot and McKinney can battle for C..and RT is kept by Vernon Carey, along with RG kept by LJ Shelton. i wouldnt be mad if we DIDNT draft an OL.

DL is fine...Taylor, Bowens, Holliday (FA), Carter, R. Wright, M. Wright, Vickerson, Evans, Zgonina, Roth...perhaps draft a DL later...LB is okay...i wouldnt mind drafting a Patrick Willis, or Paul Poluszny though...and CB is another need.

ME....id draft either an LB, or CB with my first pick. THAT IS...if we dont address that in FA's...if we DO...then id probably pick a Guard...if we also address that in FA's...then fine, take a receiver.

QB I think is iffy especially since Culpepper may never return to his previous form and unlike Steve McNair, isn't as good when he can't roll out or scramble. A QB like Quinn would give us insurance for today and the future. We haven't drafted a QB in the 1st round since Marino and it's about time we do.

Of course we don't need a RB unless Ronnie pulls a Ricky and Ricky pulls a, well you get the picture.

I like Jarrett, Ginn, Johnson, and Co. but I think Johnson will be gone, Jarrett likewise, and Ginn I don't think is worth the #9 pick especially if his injury limits him.

LT is the biggest concern in my opinion. We haven't had a real good one since Webb and D-Mac's decent but he's not a very good pass blocker (unless you compare him to Shelton). At LG we have Toledo, Jacox, and James who are serviceable at a spot that's not as crucial as LT.

DL, we could use a 3-4 wide-bodied NT which we don't have outside of Traylor. Right now only Branch fits that and he may be gone. LB and CB can be filled through FA now that there are 2 great options at each spot as well as later round picks.

Back
Top Bottom