Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft

no need for a QB just yet...we have 3 guys who CAN start and play well...Culpepper, Harrington, and Lemon...yea they arent the best, but they can play.

Thats just stupid. That is exactly what we have been doing since Dan retired and it has yet to work! DRAFT A FREAKIN QB!!

Just look at the QBs in the championship games today. 3 are franchise QBs picked early (Peyton 1st, Grossman 16th and Brees 1st in the 2nd) and 3 are some of the best in the game (Peyton/Brady/Brees).

Seriously, take Brady off that Pats team and see how much of a genious bellicheck is. Brady is the only offensive player that team refused to lose. A QB is THE most important player on a team, it would be assenine to not take Quinn if he is there. Im sick and freakin tired of just mediocre QB play when we come from a tradition of guys like Greise and Marino (both first rounds fyi!)

Seriously, how much simpler can this be laid out? I dont think it can be explained any easier! Harrington just sucks, hes trash. Daunte may or may not ever be decent again, let alone an all star, and Cleo, while not bad, certainly didnt impress all that much.

All I have to say is, if Brady Quinn is there, and we PASS on him, I don't know what I will do. Where's the nearest bridge in Kendall, Florida? Perhaps I should just go to the turnpike..

If he is there when we pick I don't see how we could pass him up, BUT I have a feeling someone else will grab him.

If he is there when we pick I don't see how we could pass him up, BUT I have a feeling someone else will grab him.

One would think, but when you really think about it, you can see it happening. Basically it comes down to the draft being a crapshoot to predict. I could really see him falling to us just as easily as him going to the lions. Ah that would make a nice offseason turnaround-CC as HC, Quinn as the top pick-throw in a good FA or 2 and that would make everything good :)

Im not sure I would boo a quinn pick but i certainly wouldnt cheer it. I just think there are too many other needs on this team. Its also too much money to commit to one position since we're already paying C Pep a boatload (no pun intended) and Im very high on the prospect of him rebounding especially with an offensive minded coach like Cameron.

Luckily Randy Mueller's history is to look for qb's on day 2. Delhomme was a 7th round pick, Bulger was a 6th or 7th rd pick, he acquired Brooks with a 4th. So hes got a nice eye for talent at that position. Hopefully we can do what the Packers used to do, draft a qb every year and then trade them for more picks like they did with Hasselbeck, Brooks, etc.

Quinn could fall that far crazier things have happened(the Texans passing on Reggie Bush) so you never know

Joey Harrington the #3 Pick of the draft.
Ryan Leaf #2
Tim Couch somewhere up there,
Jeff George #1 overall?

Brady 5th rnd
Fouts 4th rnd?
Kurt Warner/Warren Moon undrafted.

Was everybody wrong? That can't be right. Its the system, coaching and chemistry.

Terrell Davis
Frank Gore
Priest Holmes ? All the same story late rnd stars.

Its the system, coaching and chemistry.

The way I see it...

32 Bowl Games
64 Teams
Make 3 all star teams from them,
equals 64 players.
Thats the 1st 2 rounds of the draft.

So the famous quote by Bum Phillips should apply.

Don Shula take yours um and beat his um. Something like that.

Now trade down.

The idea is...we don't need to be in the 1st 5 picks, much less in the top 20.
4 or 5 picks in the 2nd round really shouldn't matter, with good coaching etc.,
they are all cream of the crop. Even rounds 3 & 4.

:pray:

If he's available at 9 and we pass on him I'll cry though

I've got a USC friend who is from Michigan. He's lived through the hell that is Matt Millen. He watched the team draft Harrington and then throw him under a bus. He watched them draft 3 receivers and keep throwing Harrington under the bus. Then his all time favorite player reached the Lions last season (Matty Leinart) and they passed on him because Marinelli signed "King Kitna". Needless to say, he's a Cards fan now.....if Brady fell to us, you might be subject to the same situation :lol:

I've got a USC friend who is from Michigan. He's lived through the hell that is Matt Millen. He watched the team draft Harrington and then throw him under a bus. He watched them draft 3 receivers and keep throwing Harrington under the bus. Then his all time favorite player reached the Lions last season (Matty Leinart) and they passed on him because Marinelli signed "King Kitna". Needless to say, he's a Cards fan now.....if Brady fell to us, you might be subject to the same situation :lol:

I wouldnt leave the phins, though I'll have a new 2nd favorite team come draft day if we dont get Quinn. Unless he goes to Oakland, I cant root for Oakland under any circumstance.

Joey Harrington the #3 Pick of the draft.
Ryan Leaf #2
Tim Couch somewhere up there,
Jeff George #1 overall?

Brady 5th rnd
Fouts 4th rnd?
Kurt Warner/Warren Moon undrafted.

Was everybody wrong? That can't be right. Its the system, coaching and chemistry.

Terrell Davis
Frank Gore
Priest Holmes ? All the same story late rnd stars.

Its the system, coaching and chemistry.

The way I see it...

32 Bowl Games
64 Teams
Make 3 all star teams from them,
equals 64 players.
Thats the 1st 2 rounds of the draft.

So the famous quote by Bum Phillips should apply.

Don Shula take yours um and beat his um. Something like that.

Now trade down.

How about the last QB's we've gotten? Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, Gus Frerotte, AJ Feeley, Josh Heupel, Cleo Lemon, Sage Rosenfels, Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington. Getting QB's by trade failed. Getting QB's in lower rounds failed. Getting QB's in FA failed. Getting QB's in the bargain bin failed. What have we not tried since Marino? Getting QB's in the 1st round. No one's going to offer us a fair trade down.

Oakland, Tampa Bay, Cleveland
Those our the 3 that I think will grab Quinn!

Outside chances:
Minny- EVen though they grabbed Jackson in the second round he did not impress me last year and with a franchise QB waiting in there wings I think they might grab him

Detroit- They might go with him but they really like Kitna! All year long anytime I read about Kitna they said they were sticking by him and he put up a pretty good year! Check the stats if you want. However depending on how the scouts look at Quinn and break his game down he might slide!

The reason that I believe Quinn won't make it to us is he knows a pro- offense and I am convinced that Cleveland is going to pick him!

Back
Top Bottom