Yanks scouting Burrell and Abreu | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yanks scouting Burrell and Abreu

RWhitney014 said:
Come on, Mike, be civil. No need for semantics. Not being a good trade = no value on the trade market. I think Julio has accomplished more in his career than Proctor has; who's better is irrelevant because neither is particularly good.

To me, the best you're acquiring straight up for a guy like Proctor is a Terrence Long-type player, a guy that can be picked up just as easily for free off the waiver wire. That's not value.

I still think pitching help, especially in the rotation, is more pressing than offensive help. Yanks still lead the league in runs scored despite missing both Matsui and Sheff for extended periods.

(In which case, trading Proctor for a platoon LF would be a bad idea, since Proctor is at least somewhat young and can eat some innings.)

I welcome any deal in which the Yanks trade pitching for more bats..

Julio is garbage, you know what you get with him, an era of 5 and the ability to get a K or 2.. Proctor has much more value, young, decent, and could get better..

GreenMonster said:
Julio is garbage, you know what you get with him, an era of 5 and the ability to get a K or 2.. Proctor has much more value, young, decent, and could get better..

Thank you!

Today on Sporting News Radio there was a rumor of a three way deal involving the Yankees, Phils, and Marlins, with Burrell and Dontrell Willis being the main guys....I would love Willis as a Phillies lefty starter. :tongue:

GreenMonster said:
I welcome any deal in which the Yanks trade pitching for more bats..

Sorry, I don't consider 29 young for a guy with potential, which is pretty much what you're saying Proctor has.

And more value than garbage doesn't mean he has value. We're picking on this guy, but in general, the Yanks really don't have much to trade, assuming they do the smart thing by holding on to Hughes and anyone else worth any beans.

Roman529 said:
Today on Sporting News Radio there was a rumor of a three way deal involving the Yankees, Phils, and Marlins, with Burrell and Dontrell Willis being the main guys....I would love Willis as a Phillies lefty starter. :tongue:

Absolutely not happening. Gammons is reporting Beinfest cuts anyone off when the name Willis is mentioned, and the Miami Herald reported today that that specific deal was completely false as well.

All these rumors Ken Rosenthal (Fox Sports' baseball insider) is coming up with lately are bunk. He said the Rockies were interested but would refuse to deal either of their top two prospects, SS Troy Tulowitzki or 3B Ian Stewart. So let's see, their top two guys are considerably worse than guys we already have in the majors at both positions, and they have nothing to speak of in CF or C...point is, I seriously doubt anything Rosenthal has to say lately re: Willis.

MikeO said:
Cause you come off sounding like the Yanks have the market cornered on making trades. Like there is some MLB rule that only allows the Yanks to make trades.

Philly doesn't like Abreu. Is it that hard to understand?! They don't want to pay him and they don't like his attitude. If they can unload his contract and get rid of a guy they don't like, they aren't going to demand a ton in return. IF the Yanks offer Duncan and Melky for Abreu, the Phillis might jump.

And MONEY is what rules baseball. Most teams care more about their payroll and making a profit than they do winning games. IF, and IF you believe otherwise, then you need to do some homework.

And Philly already has Abreu replaced with that Victoriano guy they are in LOVE with.

Bobby Abreu has pretty much refused to lead off, i mean he'll do it but he wont do it "happily" and may even tank the position to prove his point that he is a #3 hitter. His attitude is terrible, he's a 32 year old one dimensional outfielder who comes off the books after next season. I dont know if it's a matter of the Phillies not LIKING him, but they do want to get something for him before he leaves and that could be why they are interested in trading him even though they are still in the playoff race. He's an inconsistent hitter and is terrible in the clutch, he cant play defense, makes too much money and is again 32 years old. He's in his prime and still has value, what are you going to get for him when he's 33-34 making that kind of money, he hasn't been as effective this year as he was last and i think he needs to go sooner rather than later so the Phillies can use young guys like Shane Victorino and and Michael Bourn.

Back
Top Bottom