Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well.

I believe our starting Oline will be:
Jackson, Kindley, Deiter, Hunt, Eich

I'm going to call a shocker on Deiter
(Circ get your mind out of the gutter)
Do you think Deiter is coming on, or is it OC by default because Skura is done?

I think the short arms thing is overblown on top of what's already been said.

Not to say he won't catch a good one from a lengthy defender here and there, but when you possess strong technique and play with quickness/power it becomes a lot less of an issue.

Do you think Deiter is coming on, or is it OC by default because Skura is done?
I believe Dieter is coming on. I supported him since he was picked 3rd round. He needed some development time. Last year when he stepped in it was very obvious his progression from year 1. This year with a full on camp I have him as a surprise to most.

I believe Dieter is coming on. I supported him since he was picked 3rd round. He needed some development time. Last year when he stepped in it was very obvious his progression from year 1. This year with a full on camp I have him as a surprise to most.
I hope you are right in more ways than 1. That would me this team is actually developing offensive linemen. And we will have quality backups. It would be nice to have little to no drop off when the backup come in if someone goes down.

I definitely think it’s short sighted to dismiss Dieter. He was an absolute stud in college that succeeded at every position.

To date I think he may have been somewhat of a victim of his own versatility. He has showed some favorable traits for each of the offensive line positions, which has meant he’s had time at tackle, guard and center. He hasn’t adjusted enough to the NFL game to succeed at any position so far.

But I think the combo of experience and consistent focus on 1 primary position that suits him (center) can prove to be just what he needs to take a next step.

The NFL is littered with starting interior OL that needed a few years to find their footing and the right opportunity before settling in as multi year starters. I’m definitely not ready to close the book on Dieter, even if Skura wins the job

I'm a big fan of Eichenberg ... or should I say Mr. Einchredible ... and am growing more comfortable with the trade-up as it becomes clear he wouldn't have been available at #50. Someone made the comparison of Liam Eichenberg and Mr. Incredible, so our brother @13marino13 photoshopped up a great pic of him ... and I'm kinda hoping he reposts it here. :D Please?

Anyway, you'll notice that even in that highlight clip, he rarely faces guys his size. Almost none of those guys in those clips has NFL DE size of 280+ and NFL length. Even the smaller guys tended not to have elite twitch, so while the tape is a Flawless Victory after Flawless Victory (queue Mortal Kombat theme), we have not seen Eichenberg's lateral quickness and length tested, nor do we know just how good his anchor is against dominant power. Hey, few schools play as rigorous of a schedule as Notre Dame, and he proved himself 10 times over, but you don't get guys like this in the 2nd round who also have elite tools, so let's celebrate who we have, and not expect him to be an instant Pro-Bowler.

We're rooting for ya Mr. Einchredible!

According to Joe Rose, Deiter has improved drastically this offseason gaining size and strength from his time in the weight room.

Back
Top Bottom