Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well.

I'm a big fan of Eichenberg ... or should I say Mr. Einchredible ... and am growing more comfortable with the trade-up as it becomes clear he wouldn't have been available at #50. Someone made the comparison of Liam Eichenberg and Mr. Incredible, so our brother @13marino13 photoshopped up a great pic of him ... and I'm kinda hoping he reposts it here. :D Please?

Anyway, you'll notice that even in that highlight clip, he rarely faces guys his size. Almost none of those guys in those clips has NFL DE size of 280+ and NFL length. Even the smaller guys tended not to have elite twitch, so while the tape is a Flawless Victory after Flawless Victory (queue Mortal Kombat theme), we have not seen Eichenberg's lateral quickness and length tested, nor do we know just how good his anchor is against dominant power. Hey, few schools play as rigorous of a schedule as Notre Dame, and he proved himself 10 times over, but you don't get guys like this in the 2nd round who also have elite tools, so let's celebrate who we have, and not expect him to be an instant Pro-Bowler.

We're rooting for ya Mr. Einchredible!
I love that he said he'd play anywhere they want him, even center.

Definitely sounds like a Flores, team first player.

Last edited:
The cost was high to move up but hopefully he's a stud for us for years.

Can't wait to see where he'll line up for us on Sundays.
I look at it a little different.

First, would have loved to get him without trading up. I love draft picks.

But Miami is in a different place than when the rebuild first started. There are fewer holes. If there's a player, your kind of player available, it makes sense to get him.

Thanks Danny. Looks promising. I just hope this kid can improve his footwork and adjust to the right side at nfl speed. A much different look in the NFL. I'm still sort of down on this pick but I hope for all of our sanity that I'm wrong!!

But Miami is in a different place than when the rebuild first started. There are fewer holes. If there's a player, your kind of player available, it makes sense to get him.
There was also a run happening on lineman at the time so in hindsight it was a good trade up if that's a position they were prioritizing.

Yeah, the run on linemen started to get a little wild. There were quite a few folks available we could have taken, I just do not think they were positions (C) we wanted (RT)

There was also a run happening on lineman at the time so in hindsight it was a good trade up if that's a position they were prioritizing.
Right, and the two that went after Eichenberg were best suited as guards.

It's more about quality players now than quantity as well.

especially when you have so many extra picks.

it's not even like it was our only 2022 third round pick.

there's only so many spots available on a team! lol

I believe our starting Oline will be:
Jackson, Kindley, Deiter, Hunt, Eich

I'm going to call a shocker on Deiter
(Circ get your mind out of the gutter)
I wouldn't be all that shocked, TBH.

According to Joe Rose, Deiter has improved drastically this offseason gaining size and strength from his time in the weight room.
while that could absolutely be true (and i have no reason to think it isn't), it still doesn't mean he is currently a better Center than Matt Skura.

if Skura remembers how to snap the ball, the last time he was completely healthy (which I believe he is now), he was like the second best Center in the AFC.

if Deiter is even in Skura's ballpark this season, that's a huge win for Deiter and for us.

especially when you have so many extra picks.

it's not even like it was our only 2022 third round pick.

there's only so many spots available on a team! lol
You said it better than I did. I think Miami is at a point where they are looking for quality players, more so than quantity. I wouldn't be surprised if over the next several drafts we see similar types of moves. Target your guys and go get them.

You said it better than I did. I think Miami is at a point where they are looking for quality players, more so than quantity. I wouldn't be surprised if over the next several drafts we see similar types of moves. Target your guys and go get them.
that's what all the extra draft capital is for.

picking guys, moving around, flexibility.

it's good to be the king.

100% agree. Having flexibility in the draft, gives a team the ability to move up and down the board. I believe, Miami is now at a point, they'll target a player and make a move for him. Such as what they did in the second round to aquire Eichenberg and in the 4th round in 2020 to aquire Kindley.

Back
Top Bottom