Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well.

I think there will be an honest competition for RT. Eich has to take it from him. Which I think he will. But if Hunt looks better than I don't see him getting kicked inside just for the sake.
so the articles saying that we are moving Hunt to Guard didn't include a team comment on the matter?

Eich is NFL ready. He has high floor. He is as can't miss as it can be. He is someone Flo can put out there and forget about that position for many years.

His attribute is his quick feet and set up correct pass protection angle. He did not give up a sack in two years against top flight opponents for gods sake.

Cam Wake once said, good tackle has nothing to do with weight and how big, and arm length. Its all about mobility and quick feet. Eich got it.

I love that he said he'd play anywhere they want him, even center.

Definitely sounds like a Flotes, team first player.
Players say that when drafted. Their agents drill it into their heads that they need to say that. But ... many don't really mean it. Every OL drafted wants to play LT because that's the Big Kahuna position protecting almost every QB's blindside and going on an island against the twitchiest pass rushers in the league. Teams stunt against LT's all the time. It's the pinnacle of their competition. In this case, the blind side is RT ... so it may be more muddled, but I doubt he wants to be relegated to an interior lineman, which is exactly how every other OT feels.

Eichenberg was at a good program with great coaching. He's as ready as you can have and imo he's ahead of where Jackson was last year. I believe Jackson will be much better this year than he was as a rookie but I just really love this pick. He could start at RT but he could also start at LT if that's where he's needed.

while that could absolutely be true (and i have no reason to think it isn't), it still doesn't mean he is currently a better Center than Matt Skura.

if Skura remembers how to snap the ball, the last time he was completely healthy (which I believe he is now), he was like the second best Center in the AFC.

if Deiter is even in Skura's ballpark this season, that's a huge win for Deiter and for us.
I don't disagree. I was just stating that Deiter seemed to be working on some of his weaknesses(No pun intended) from last year, trying to position himself to compete this year.
If Skura gets back to his level of playing before his injury, then we have a big-time Anchor in the middle! With solid depth coming from an improved Deiter as well!

According to Joe Rose, Deiter has improved drastically this offseason gaining size and strength from his time in the weight room.
Let's hope Joe Rose is right. I really liked Deiter coming out ... but after a rough rookie season, really haven't seen him enough to judge. So, here's hoping Joe has some inside info we don't.

Eichenberg was at a good program with great coaching. He's as ready as you can have and imo he's ahead of where Jackson was last year. I believe Jackson will be much better this year than he was as a rookie but I just really love this pick. He could start at RT but he could also start at LT if that's where he's needed.
I thought Austin Jackson acquitted himself very well as a rookie before the injury, especially considering his circumstances. I'm hoping/expecting him to be a Pro-Bowl type LT sooner rather than later.

I believe Dieter is coming on. I supported him since he was picked 3rd round. He needed some development time. Last year when he stepped in it was very obvious his progression from year 1. This year with a full on camp I have him as a surprise to most.

Let’s hope he works out well and doesn’t end up like Ja’uwan James, our former Fin.

He tears his ACL working out offsite, and the Broncos on the verge of deciding not to pay him his $10m salary. Harsh

Definitely sounds like a Flotes, team first player.

In case anyone was wondering-

A flote is a woodworking tool used in the art of bowyery. Flotes are specialized, traditional hand tools that are used to shape the bow during the process of tillering. Flotes appear on the arms of the Worshipful Company of Bowyers

Back
Top Bottom