Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well.

I’ll give credit to Grier for hiring Flores but not the draft. Flores, Allen and McKenzie are the ones evaluating & picking the players.
Have to give him credit for surrounding himself with quality people. That says a lot about Grier.

Plus, doesn't Grier have final say? I know some head coaches have final say. I'm not sure on Miami's structure.

Have to give him credit for surrounding himself with quality people. That says a lot about Grier.

Plus, doesn't Grier have final say? I know some head coaches have final say. I'm not sure on Miami's structure.
😂 he finally realized he wasn’t the great scout he thought he was which shows maturity and intelligence. Now he surrounds himself w the right ppl to make us and himself successful. I can’t hate on that. His strength is not evaluating players but there is hope being around Flores & company that he learns from them and improves.

Dude it's not just sacks given up, it's the context in which it was given up. Its physical traits, how great was the prospect and at what age.

You do realize sewell was considered the best OT in the country at 19...

I like Eichenberg, I think he can be a Matt light , John fina career. A 10 year starter. Sewell was imho the best player in the draft outside qb. His athleticism is literally insane. Hes the best OT prospectsince Orlando pace and Munoz. Comparing him to Eichenberg just makes you look silly and not to be taken seriously.
I see that you're ignoring his short arms which doesn't generally bode well for being "elite" at LT.

😂 he finally realized he wasn’t the great scout he thought he was which shows maturity and intelligence. Now he surrounds himself w the right ppl to make us and himself successful. I can’t hate on that. His strength is not evaluating players but there is hope being around Flores & company that he learns from them and
I think the draft picks are a collection of the work scouts and the coaching staff puts in.

Would be interesting to know how Miami scouts viewed different players, or how scouts are graded. I always wondered about that.

I will say this. Miami finally seems to know what type of players they are looking for. I think that Flores probably has a lot of influence there.

Can we move beyond this short arms nonsense please? People acting like his arms are several inches shorter than normal, like he has dwarf arms or some crap. While I understand the IDEAL arm length is approximately 1” longer for the position, its not a deal breaker or even a real concern. Look at the tape!!!

Good job hunting highlights from what looks his junior year cause they are a lot better than the senior year tape

You do realize Eichenberg has a shorter arms and wingspan than sewell?
How many people in this thread are saying that Eichenberg is the best OT prospect since Orlando Pace?

I'd love to hear an argument about how Sewell is a better prospect than Jake Long was though.

This from his senior year either due to injury or weight gain to project for the next level is slow and sluggish and plays with a wide base and lunging. Slow redirect poor feet and not the same sustain a moving target in space/second level.

no way top 50 grade pick tackle on this tape

Last edited:
What I see while watching him ascend thru the years at ND...

•Sound Technician
•Zero wasted movement
•Great body positioning
•Great balance
•Great get-off
•Quick feet and quicker hands
•Very quick short punch with deadly accuracy
•Great at sealing the edge
•Engulfs defender and completely neutralizes their counter moves
•Rarely over extends
•Not a mauler, but still physically effective
•CONSISTENT

This tape is a little better but it still shows very poor redirect for a tackle maybe the height and wide base plays into that but he has trouble sustaining/matching anyone’s short area quickness redirect.

and bama doesn’t have much on the edge

speed off the edge and redirect inside he’s gonna struggle with and with that wide base guys that convert speed to power might push him back into the qbs launch point

Back
Top Bottom