Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Yes, more tape of Eichenberg. Watch him lineup on the right side as well.

As far as I'm concerned Jackson, Hunt, Eichenberg, and Davis get to duel it out for starting OT. I don't care who wins or who plays which side. Just let the best man win. I'm okay with a rookie not winning at the start of the season but winning part way through.

I really wished the entire team would show up for all voluntary workouts.

I watched this and it became apparent to me, this guy has the quick feet and lateral mobility that Hunt lacks.

Those that believed in Hunt as a Tackle need to watch this and see Eichenberg's ability to kick out.

It's a big difference.
I believe many dont know what a tackle does or how he does and what to look for.
As you mentioned I watched his "kick out" and thought; that looks smoother than Slater. I love what I saw from Eich in this video. Especially how fast he reacted to that LB about to sack his QB. He closed with lightning speed and utter ferocity. You can't easily teach that.

As far as I'm concerned Jackson, Hunt, Eichenberg, and Davis get to duel it out for starting OT. I don't care who wins or who plays which side. Just let the best man win. I'm okay with a rookie not winning at the start of the season but winning part way through.

I really wished the entire team would show up for all voluntary workouts.
Flo Tweeted; "Hunt is going back Guard". What am I missing? How is Hunt competing for Tackle still?

Dude, I like Eichenberg, I watch Notre dame football. I get the enthusiasm, but put the crack pipe down. Seriously
How many sacks Sewell gave up in his last two years in college? And what top flight DE he faced. Check the fact and get back to me.

Last edited:
In case anyone was wondering-

A flote is a woodworking tool used in the art of bowyery. Flotes are specialized, traditional hand tools that are used to shape the bow during the process of tillering. Flotes appear on the arms of the Worshipful Company of Bowyers
I love a good sense of humor. Not sure this qualifies! Lol.

Players say that when drafted. Their agents drill it into their heads that they need to say that. But ... many don't really mean it. Every OL drafted wants to play LT because that's the Big Kahuna position protecting almost every QB's blindside and going on an island against the twitchiest pass rushers in the league. Teams stunt against LT's all the time. It's the pinnacle of their competition. In this case, the blind side is RT ... so it may be more muddled, but I doubt he wants to be relegated to an interior lineman, which is exactly how every other OT feels.
Good point. I'm sure he's pretty excited to protect Tua's blindside. That's the money position for Miami.

How many sacks Sewell gave up in his last two years in college? And what top flight DE he faced. Check the fact and get back to me.
Dude it's not just sacks given up, it's the context in which it was given up. Its physical traits, how great was the prospect and at what age.

You do realize sewell was considered the best OT in the country at 19...

I like Eichenberg, I think he can be a Matt light , John fina career. A 10 year starter. Sewell was imho the best player in the draft outside qb. His athleticism is literally insane. Hes the best OT prospectsince Orlando pace and Munoz. Comparing him to Eichenberg just makes you look silly and not to be taken seriously.

If you really want to get upset I'll tell you Aaron Banks was the better prospect. Banks was better than Eichenberg, in power and even as a LT

I definitely think it’s short sighted to dismiss Dieter. He was an absolute stud in college that succeeded at every position.

To date I think he may have been somewhat of a victim of his own versatility. He has showed some favorable traits for each of the offensive line positions, which has meant he’s had time at tackle, guard and center. He hasn’t adjusted enough to the NFL game to succeed at any position so far.

But I think the combo of experience and consistent focus on 1 primary position that suits him (center) can prove to be just what he needs to take a next step.

The NFL is littered with starting interior OL that needed a few years to find their footing and the right opportunity before settling in as multi year starters. I’m definitely not ready to close the book on Dieter, even if Skura wins the job
Our own Jim Langer was one of those Olinemen that needed a few years to show who he really was.

Dude it's not just sacks given up, it's the context in which it was given up. Its physical traits, how great was the prospect and at what age.

You do realize sewell was considered the best OT in the country at 19...

I like Eichenberg, I think he can be a Matt light , John fina career. A 10 year starter. Sewell was imho the best player in the draft outside qb. His athleticism is literally insane. Hes the best OT prospectsince Orlando pace and Munoz. Comparing him to Eichenberg just makes you look silly and not to be taken seriously.
The context is, Eich is a better pass blocking tackle than Sowell?

Back
Top Bottom