You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax.., | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax..,

agree. this is one preseason game that
should give a nice preview of coming attractions.

of course this may also be the one team that destroys us no matter how good we are.

We are going 4 - 12 this year. You do not go 11-5 after losing all the players we just did over the offseason because of "culture change". We have no LB's, no Interior DL and our CB outside of Howard are terrible, Mika will be good but he is still a rookie and our DC is suspect at best. Why do I focus on our defense? Bc no matter how confident you are in our offense, our offense does not have any fire power outside of Drake. Para de comer tanta mierda.

What have we lost in the off-season that we have not replaced, or compensated for?

We lose Landry, but end up getting a reliable receiver, and anther receiver with great speed. We lose Suh, but pick up another premium DE with more rotating of the DT then the past few years. Lost our starting Center, yet replaced with a healthier Center, and a premium Guard next to him.

We are also bringing back a young LB (McMillan) that though will take a few weeks to start paying dividends, when he does, the LB Squad will be better (especially with how Baker and Alonso have looked), we will have better TEs then last year, Gore will be special for us, especially on 3rd and short, and in the RedZone...Finally, and most important, Tannehill is back.

I would not be surprised if 3 of those 4 wins you predicted, Miami gets in the 1st quarter of the season.

What have we lost in the off-season that we have not replaced, or compensated for?

We lose Landry, but end up getting a reliable receiver, and anther receiver with great speed. We lose Suh, but pick up another premium DE with more rotating of the DT then the past few years. Lost our starting Center, yet replaced with a healthier Center, and a premium Guard next to him.

We are also bringing back a young LB (McMillan) that though will take a few weeks to start paying dividends, when he does, the LB Squad will be better (especially with how Baker and Alonso have looked), we will have better TEs then last year, Gore will be special for us, especially on 3rd and short, and in the RedZone...Finally, and most important, Tannehill is back.

I would not be surprised if 3 of those 4 wins you predicted, Miami gets in the 1st quarter of the season.
Might I just caution your optimism to some degree given that, not all draft picks nor FA additions work out. As such, you're assuming all the above newcomers you mention will play at the same level, or above those who they're replacing. Not always the case.

What have we seen so far in pre season? In my opinion, the same things we see every year. Penalties. D unable to stop the run. Inconsistent secondary play.

I would like to ask the obvious question to the "preseason is vanilla", "meaningless", yada, yada, yada.

So, when another team's offense marches up and down the field, it happens because our defense is vanilla.

But when our offense can't score on the same team's defense, it's because our offense is vanilla too?

What is their offense?

What is their defense?

And if it purely man-on-man, helmet-on-helmet gamesmanship, then what does that say about our team?

Why don't we have the same gaping holes to run through? Why do we miss tackles and look lost and out of place?

Isn't the Defense supposed to develop quicker than the offense? What does that say about ours?

Let me point out the real reason it is a concern, OUR GUYS AREN'T FOCUSED ON WINNING FOOTBALL. Details; Discipline; Practicing exactly what they play.

Posters want to criticize another fan's lack of details in their analysis. But in doing so, overlook the obvious seed of truth even the casual fan can spot: They lack the will to succeed.

You don't need to be X's and O's fans to identify when a team simply doesn't have "it".

This team doesn't have it right now. They lack confidence and discipline.

Gase is applying half measures.

Holding back and not revealing his top secret plan? What is this going to gain us? 2 maybe 3 weeks of surprise offense?

Then how do you respond when teams gameplan you? Because you don't get another training camp to install another offense.

Offensive EXECUTION defeats defensive scheming. And you can't perfect your offense if you don't practice it.

I hope he proves me wrong. But Gase has never shown a penchant for making adjustments. Something tells me when Top Secret Plan A gets stuffed, good ole' dink and dunk will be the order of the day.

I am not a Cubs fan and I don't care what other teams do. I am a Dolphins fan, have been for for 47 yrs. My only concern is this team.

You know it's bad when you're told to relate to the most snakebit franchises in sports history in order to feel better about the current plight.

Look on the bright side, at least you're head didn't fall off.

Might I just caution your optimism to some degree given that, not all draft picks nor FA additions work out. As such, you're assuming all the above newcomers you mention will play at the same level, or above those who they're replacing. Not always the case.

What have we seen so far in pre season? In my opinion, the same things we see every year. Penalties. D unable to stop the run. Inconsistent secondary play.

You are very right, you can not measure how well a new player will respond, or how older ones will do from the prior year.

Both those O-Linemen we got have proven to be able to play with consistency...the two receivers we got have proven to be at the very least, consistently solid to good...the D-line without Suh could hurt, but if you consider there is no place to go but up, when it comes to defending the run, that should not hurt us much more then last year, yet getting another quality pass-rushing DE should help against the pass...Gore has succeeded in San Fran, and outside of San Fran...if the two young TEs fail, we will just be in the same boat as last year, not worse...and as for the two two young defenders we can not say accutately if they will succeed or fail, but what we can make an educated opinion on, they are both very smart, and hard working, once those two figure it out, they will help the Defence just with their instincts and brains...Finally Tannehill is a huge upgrade to Cutler, so that will be a huge plus.

Just as we can not say these players will succeed, we also can't determine of what we have seen, or believe to say they will fail, so on paper at least, this looks like a better team.

Yes preseason means sh*t but my eyes don’t lie. Weak Dline and no linebackers worth a cr*p spells big trouble. I will say it here, Miami defense will implode and will allow opponents to score a TD on their first possessions all year. So sick of it.

I would rather be 0-4 in the pre-season showing little game plan and working on specific plays than be a 4-0 complacent team that thinks they are ready to conquer the world when reality suddenly hits them over the head.

There are no cliffs in South Florida - it's totally flat.

Which makes it even more astounding that theyre driving out here to Texas to do it. I talked two down just this morning:

Last edited:
I would rather be 0-4 in the pre-season showing little game plan and working on specific plays than be a 4-0 complacent team that thinks they are ready to conquer the world when reality suddenly hits them over the head.

That plan only will work for the first few games. Trying to be super convert with your gameplan in the NFL isn’t really helpful. These players and coaches have already seen everything that you could possibly try plus they already know the talent that you have on your team. What is a better strategy is to see if these “special” plays work during games that don’t count.

Back
Top Bottom