You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax.., | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax..,

I swear the way people talk about 2016, you would think we won the Super Bowl. We had a very easy schedule, had the ball bounce our way for a change and we snuck into the playoffs only to get exposed by the Steelers.

2016 was not a good enough season to hang every argument on it. Because Tannehill had a decent season does not make up for the fact he has been nothing special for most of the games he's played in his career. It's also not a reason to think Adam Gase is a genius. We had an easy scheudle, a probowl RB in Ajayi and WR in Landry and DT in Suh. Our roster was significantly better then it is today.

I'm sorry, but the team has no control over the schedule they have to play. If they had a "so call" soft schedule, so be it. What are you suppose to do, put an asterisk next to each game you play against a "weaker" team? So I guess the perfect season wasn't all that perfect since the Phins played a soft schedule that year. Look at the Patriots super bowl winning teams, they always seem to be towards the bottom on schedule difficulty.

What might look like a easy scheduled in preseason can do a complete 180 during the season and vise versa. All you can do is play the games that are on your schedule. Who the **** cares about the "difficulty level"?

Wouldn’t most teams lose in the playoffs if their starting QB went down? I think so. Although what the eagles just did doesn’t help ha ha

Roster was crap. But... we beat the Steelers when tanny was at the healm
Yeah. 200 yard game from some former dolphins running back had a lot to do with that.

What improvement from Tannehill? I havnt seen anything from him that shows he's improved from 2016. The preseason games he's looked average to bad and during OTAs the defense out played the offense every single day. I don't see it.

He went from being considered a below average deep ball thrower to one of the best in the league in 2016, He also improved some on his pocket movement.

Yeah. 200 yard game from some former dolphins running back had a lot to do with that.

Why in any part does that take away from the fact that the roster the dolphins put out that day won the game. I don’t even understand what you meant to do w/ that

The team had a winning record with a rookie head coach while Tannehill had improved a lot on some of the weaknesses in his game. Yeah the team had a lot of holes especially on defense. Which makes it more impressive that Gase was able to win 10 games with that team. Especially after installing new systems on both offense and defense while the team started slow the first 5 games. The weak schedule excuse is just lame.
Weak schedule wasn’t an excuse it’s the truth. Only playoff teams they beat were New England and Pittsburgh both at home. Everything else was squeakers over non playoff teams. Weak schedule and Miami still couldn’t finish with a positive scoring differential. That’s how you know the team was winning on weaker opponents and good fortune. Not talent.

How about this. You guys let them play a few games and i don't mean practice one's and then decide if the team has improved or not ?
You may be proven right and can do the I told you so thing all year. Better yet you are proven wrong and as long time Dolphin fans you'll really be happy with that result.
Win / Win

Weak schedule wasn’t an excuse it’s the truth. Only playoff teams they beat were New England and Pittsburgh both at home. Everything else was squeakers over non playoff teams. Weak schedule and Miami still couldn’t finish with a positive scoring differential. That’s how you know the team was winning on weaker opponents and good fortune. Not talent.

Winning close games is a sign of good coaching and players not giving up. Like has been said already that 2016 team had a lot of holes. So a team that lacked talent at some key positions should not be discredited for beating other teams that lacked talent. It is funny with all this weak schedule talk. When the talent level across the NFL is pretty close for almost every team. You have a handful of what could be considered elite teams that have elite QBs or elite players at more than one position but most other teams are pretty close when it comes to talent level.

Newsflash, every team is going to play several teams with a worse record during the season, and there is no guarantee that the team with the better record is going to win....."any given Sunday".

Exactly!

Albert Romano and others- I'm not saying we are a sure thing or you dont have legitimate concerns.

What I AM saying is quit acting like schoolgirls in a rat house. It's preseason and we really dont know at this point- just like we really didnt know in 2016 even after our first five games.

The team is confident- stay the course! Fins up!

Of course we don’t know anything for sure, I said I would give it some time in the regular season, but the team has to ‘show me different”. I’m usually an optimistic person when it comes to the Dolphins but I have moved to I need to actually see improvement from the trends over the last few years.

If you consider that ‘schoolgirls’ ok so be it

Attention cliff jumpers........Blindly believe that this is just pre season but once the season starts we're going 16-0. All of a sudden our corners will be able to cover like a blanket and our run defense won't give up any yards anymore and our LB's will play like all pros.

Got it

And the O-Line won't jump, thus ending a series, lol!

Of course we don’t know anything for sure, I said I would give it some time in the regular season, but the team has to ‘show me different”. I’m usually an optimistic person when it comes to the Dolphins but I have moved to I need to actually see improvement from the trends over the last few years.

If you consider that ‘schoolgirls’ ok so be it

Sorry for confusion, Albert. that schoolgirl thing was not meant for you- I dont consider you a cliff-jumper.

I was clarifying in response to your "sugarcoating" comment that i wasnt necessarily saying things were going to be great.

And second point, that we shouldnt run around like chicken littles over what we see in a few quarters of preseason. (again, not you)

I know my 11-5 is extreme, maybe even irrational, and i dont expect others to buy it. i just happen to think we have the coaches, and mentality, and enough talent and charactr to be the team that really surprises this year. theres one of these each year, and preseason hasnt shaken my belief.

i like very much what gase has done this past year- he's on the right path.

Last edited:
I wrote this in another forum but it seems more appropriate to copy it here.

"I read the comments stating how something the team did was unproductive or just didn't work and how that observation confirmed that we are in for trouble.

That seems to me to be analogous to a man drowning in deep water and when given the choice of reaching for a flotation ring or a sinking rock, he chooses the sinking rock."

do you not understand pre-season? Do you understand training camp? im sticking with my 11-5 prediction and i think we start 2-2. or 1-3.
Are there major cliff jumpers though? There are people who are predicting poor record,average record, and good record. I've yet to see anyone change massively based on these pre season games. I've just seen some people, myself included point out that we have concerns. I think that's fair.

literally no, but probably just because you dont have any cliffs to speak of in Florida!

i could paste a few if you want, but yes, i have seen a whole lot of doomed-season predictions based on what they saw in a few prrseason games.

Back
Top Bottom