You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax.., | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax..,

I’ve looked at our schedule.

Who was the better team last year when we played NE at the end of the season?

New England

Who won?

Us

Remember when we played Pittsburgh in 16? They were a top AFC team and we were 1-4. Who won? We did

It ain’t that black and white. You have no idea what any team will look like this far in advance

Of course I know anything can happen. That’s why Vegas assigns odds, not guarantees. And I’m sorry but the odds are we won’t go 11-5 if we have a slow start. We need to win a lot of games in our first 8. Because we are playing 11 games against playoff caliber teams.

I swear the way people talk about 2016, you would think we won the Super Bowl. We had a very easy schedule, had the ball bounce our way for a change and we snuck into the playoffs only to get exposed by the Steelers.

2016 was not a good enough season to hang every argument on it. Because Tannehill had a decent season does not make up for the fact he has been nothing special for most of the games he's played in his career. It's also not a reason to think Adam Gase is a genius. We had an easy scheudle, a probowl RB in Ajayi and WR in Landry and DT in Suh. Our roster was significantly better then it is today.

I swear the way people talk about 2016, you would think we won the Super Bowl. We had a very easy schedule, had the ball bounce our way for a change and we snuck into the playoffs only to get exposed by the Steelers.

2016 was not a good enough season to hang every argument on it. Because Tannehill had a decent season does not make up for the fact he has been nothing special for most of the games he's played in his career. It's also not a reason to think Adam Gase is a genius. We had an easy scheudle, a probowl RB in Ajayi and WR in Landry and DT in Suh. Our roster was significantly better then it is today.

Well said.....I was about to type almost word for word what you posted.

I can't tell you how many times I have jumped of a cliff because of this team in the last 30+ years.This is not a full season but on a weekly basis.
I just make sure the cliff isn't very high.

It's hard to judge too much from preseason.

To me, this is the lasting takeaway. Judge a little, but understand the context of the preseason.

For what it's worth, I'd have the same wait-and-see approach even if we were blowing the doors off teams in the preseason. The coaches are getting the team ready for Sundays. That's all it is, and it might not be pretty. If we start the real season 1-3, then I might worry. Until then, I'm just happy football is back and the team is mostly healthy.

Just spit out my Dr Pepper

I can’t think of one position that was more talented in 2016 than what we have right now other than WR and Punter. And I’ll give you Matt Moore over the depth we have now. We have upgraded every other room since that season

Lol every season it’s eh it’s just preseason. Regular season comes and Miami rolls out the usual mediocre team. 2016 was an outlier people. That team was not good. A negative point differential and rolled in the first round vs Pittsburgh.

Lol every season it’s eh it’s just preseason. Regular season comes and Miami rolls out the usual mediocre team. 2016 was an outlier people. That team was not good. A negative point differential and rolled in the first round vs Pittsburgh.

Wouldn’t most teams lose in the playoffs if their starting QB went down? I think so. Although what the eagles just did doesn’t help ha ha

Roster was crap. But... we beat the Steelers when tanny was at the healm

Sorry I disagree. I believe the roster now is better than the one they had in 2016. More talent at LB, DE, Secondary, TE , WR and O-line. More young ascending talent and overall better talent. Also ignoring Tannehill's improvement in his first year with Gase at head coach is just a cop out. Also ignoring the fact that Gase took a roster with a lot of holes to a 10-6 record even facing what may have been a weaker schedule is also ridiculous. Sorry but people just discounting the 2016 season just because they don't like Tannehill or Gase is the definition of weak sauce IMO.

What improvement from Tannehill? I havnt seen anything from him that shows he's improved from 2016. The preseason games he's looked average to bad and during OTAs the defense out played the offense every single day. I don't see it.

What improvement from Tannehill? I havnt seen anything from him that shows he's improved from 2016. The preseason games he's looked average to bad and during OTAs the defense out played the offense every single day. I don't see it.

Lol haven’t seen a baiting comment like this since tannchise was around

The team had a winning record with a rookie head coach while Tannehill had improved a lot on some of the weaknesses in his game. Yeah the team had a lot of holes especially on defense. Which makes it more impressive that Gase was able to win 10 games with that team. Especially after installing new systems on both offense and defense while the team started slow the first 5 games. The weak schedule excuse is just lame.

Back
Top Bottom