You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax.., | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Cliff-jumpers Need To Relax..,

do you not understand pre-season? Do you understand training camp? im sticking with my 11-5 prediction and i think we start 2-2. or 1-3.

Seems to me alot of us have arrived at ‘its only pre-season and it means absolutely nothing ‘ or we ‘have no hope’

I think your sugarcoating things some just to dismiss all concerns as its ‘camp and preseason’ heck we stil arent even convinced who CB2 is and lots of other questions.

On the other side of the coin the offense could put some things together and get in a groove and maybe finally put more points on the board and have us competitive most of the year possibly.

I will see how we look through the first month of the season before I even attempt to make a prediction on how many wins I think we can reach. JDW is spot on though, history gives the right of ‘show me more’ that alot of people are feeling.

do you not understand pre-season? Do you understand training camp? im sticking with my 11-5 prediction and i think we start 2-2. or 1-3.

Every 'real' fan knows PS games are NOT to be won. They are to get vets some snaps to bring the timing/technique back, get the new guys to gel with the team, get the playbook down, and evaluate what is there. I suspect part of that is why Sick is getting a heavy doe of blocking. I'm not real upset about the vanilla O and D. That said, 'real' fans have legitimate complaints. Penalties. NO coach tells players not to worry about penalties in PS. I get not trying new stuff on 3rd and 9, but CERTAINLY there are some 3rd and 9 plays coaches would like to try. And I would think Sick needs reps running routes and catches passes, Fitz needs more reps at FS, and Tannehill needs practice on some longer routes. No, I'm not ready to go crisis mode, and I can't see some of the anxiety here, but I'd like to see some reasonable connections to getting first downs.

Attention cliff jumpers........Blindly believe that this is just pre season but once the season starts we're going 16-0. All of a sudden our corners will be able to cover like a blanket and our run defense won't give up any yards anymore and our LB's will play like all pros.

Got it

1. I watched the game later, after the NFLN broadcast. I had read comments here first, so I was expecting something much worse than I saw, IMO. I didn’t see anything to panic about. For example, McMillan looked like he belonged. He’s inexperienced and coming off an injury but I didn’t see anything that made me think he’s not capable. I could go on and on. The one thing that infuriates me is the penalties. Running gassers is like high school trickery. They need to get to the root of the problem as far as teaching.

2. It may not be a popular opinion but NE is vulnerable. Look at their roster. They have some high level impact talent, but their roster is not deep at all.

3. It will be very sad of Miami cannot capitalize on any hiccup by NE. It’s there for the taking. Miami needs to play clean and sound football and not hurt itself. Management has not done a great job constructing the roster but Miami has an opportunity.

Attention cliff jumpers........Blindly believe that this is just pre season but once the season starts we're going 16-0. All of a sudden our corners will be able to cover like a blanket and our run defense won't give up any yards anymore and our LB's will play like all pros.

Got it

LOL....and don't forget, our QB will suddenly "come into his own" (something we've waited for going on 7 years now - can someone please tell him we're not getting any younger and are tired of waiting??!!) and be Brady like in his knack for the game, our WR's will always run the right routes and not be butterfingers anymore and Gase (the genius....if you don't believe that, just ask him!) will suddenly be a masterful play caller and tactician, leading us to a new winning dynasty that will last 20 years!!!

I just ask that people revert their minds to prime tannehill in 2016. What did THOSE pkaycalls look like? What did THAT qb look like? For goodness sake we had Bacarri rambo and spencer paysinger startinh for us and people think this defense has taken a step backwards.. give me a break

Losing tannehill sucked. Last year w/ cutler sucked. Watching pre season when you haven’t has a competitive game w/ your starting qb in a year and a half sucks

This team is so much more talented than the roster we had in a playoff game in 2016

Bacarri Rambo, spencer paysinger, earl Mitchell, Byron maxwell, rookie Howard, dion Sims, MATT MOORE STARTING A PLAYOFF GAME

Be patient people.. the same decision makers are in place and the talent has elevated.. the arrow is pointed in the right direction
I'll say again, It's been 45yrs., how much patience do I have to have? How many times before has the arrow been pointing up only to miss it's target? How long do we have to settle for poor or mediocre results before it becomes unacceptable? Wash, Rinse, Repeat. We have coaches that are so scared of losing their job that they run a conservative offense that does n't utilize their personnel properly. You get rid of one DC that employed an ineffective scheme, only to hire his protege that runs the same ineffective scheme and expect different results. That my friend is the definition of insanity. So I ask again, how long is enough? Should I die before we see things turn around?

Last edited:
It's hard to judge too much from preseason. Teams that suck need an attitude adjustment so they actually try harder to win the games. Those teams that know they've got the talent are just going through the motions. Every veteran is holding back so as not to get injured. Every coordinator is being very vanilla to hide their tactics. It isn't the same thing as a real game.

But there are things you want to see, such as timing between the QB and receivers, tackling technique of the defense, assignment-sound football, no penalties, and most importantly … no injuries.

Last preseason was a disaster, because we lost Ryan Tannehill, Raekwon McMillan and suffered other injuries. This year has been relatively successful so far with no major injuries (fingers crossed). We have our QB and our key players healthy. They'll likely get extended minutes the 3rd preseason game, then get put on ice until the regular season begins. We only have one last major hurdle health-wise.

I'm definitely not jumping off the cliff … last season was our worst-case scenario. This is setting up to be our rebound year.

I'll say again, It's been 45yrs., how much patience do I have to have? Haw many times before has the arrow been pointing up only to miss it's target? How long do we have to settle for poor or mediocre results before it becomes unacceptable? Wash, Rinse, Repeat. We hive coaches that are so scared of losing their job that they run a conservative offense that does n't utilize their personnel properly. You get rid of one DC that employed an ineffective scheme, only to hire his protege that runs the same ineffective scheme and expect different results That my friend is the definition of insanity. So I ask again, how long is enough? Should I die before we see things turn around?

We share the same pain brotha. But no matter how long it’s been you have to take a step back and assess what’s In front of you

What’s in front of us now is potential.. no telling what the potential is till you give it a chance

It sucks, but if your expectation for a team is super bowl or bust, even when you know this team is likely at minimum a year or two (granted things go well) away from being a top tier competitor, you’re just gonna ruin the fan experience for yourself

If you have no faith in gase, that’s fine. I don’t judge

But you have to at least give the man a fighting chance w/ HIS qb before you go on saying he needs to be replaced

Bc the last time we saw him go to battle w/ his guy, the results were pretty promising

Every season is tough. Every team’s health is unpredictable. Every game’s weather is a gamble. If every one of us was so certain of the Dolphins’ record this upcoming season—be it 1-15 or 11-5– we’d all be having these discussions on our private yachts after we all won the lottery.

Exactly man. I hate preseason it sucks. You can’t tell anything from this ****. Imagine if social media was around in 72 when we went 3-3 in preseason. 500
Which is probably what will finish this year. My prediction
We look like horseshit now but I’m waiting till the bullets start flying before I lose it!

I'll say again, It's been 45yrs., how much patience do I have to have? Haw many times before has the arrow been pointing up only to miss it's target? How long do we have to settle for poor or mediocre results before it becomes unacceptable? Wash, Rinse, Repeat. We hive coaches that are so scared of losing their job that they run a conservative offense that does n't utilize their personnel properly. You get rid of one DC that employed an ineffective scheme, only to hire his protege that runs the same ineffective scheme and expect different results That my friend is the definition of insanity. So I ask again, how long is enough? Should I die before we see things turn around?

Spot on, until they prove me otherwise they are bottom dwellers, well maybe not bottom, but pretty damned close. My glasses aren't half full anymore, I expect mediocrity, and until I see different why shouldn't I? Make me no less of a fan, just looking at the reality of what this franchise is.

Straw man

Exactly!

Albert Romano and others- I'm not saying we are a sure thing or you dont have legitimate concerns.

What I AM saying is quit acting like schoolgirls in a rat house. It's preseason and we really dont know at this point- just like we really didnt know in 2016 even after our first five games.

The team is confident- stay the course! Fins up!

Spot on, until they prove me otherwise they are bottom dwellers, well maybe not bottom, but pretty damned close. My glasses aren't half full anymore, I expect mediocrity, and until I see different why shouldn't I? Make me no less of a fan, just looking at the reality of what this franchise is.

Exactly!....I'm a realist same as you but some here see that as heretical.....nothing but loyalty (BLIND in this case) and overt, undeserved praise for mediocre players, coaches, etc. is ever acceptable to them. Perhaps they don't even see it......sorta like a Stockholm syndrome type issue as being exposed to such inferior performance year after year has become their normal.

Exactly!

Albert Romano and others- I'm not saying we are a sure thing or you dont have legitimate concerns.

What I AM saying is quit acting like schoolgirls in a rat house. It's preseason and we really dont know at this point- just like we really didnt know in 2016 even after our first five games.

The team is confident- stay the course! Fins up!

The run in 2016 was great, but make sure we look at it for what it was. Miami caught fire when they knocked Big Ben out of the game, after that they bear the 7-9 Bills, the 5-11 Jets, the 5-11 Chargers, 4-12 Rams, 2-14 Niners, got smoked by Baltimore, then beat 7-8-14 Cardinals, and the Jest and Bills again before being waxed by the Pats.

It was great to see, and I loved it and cheered, but at the end of the day they beat 8 teams under .500. When they met Pitt again in the playoffs they were smoked. I know they lost Tannehill, but that's football.

I hope they surprise me, but sorry I just can't put myself in position to set high expectations any longer.

I am sticking with my 3 and 13 prediction, seen nothing that show otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom