You Guys Are Kidding Right?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Guys Are Kidding Right?!

TheFloridaDude

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Alright guys look....I've been doing a lot of reading on here and I am SHOCKED at what I've read when it comes to the teams "needs" lol

--------------------------

Why does so many on here insist on drafting a LB in the first round? Their argument has been our defense was our weak point last year and we need to rebuild. Yes JT is old and Porter is gone....BUT wasn't our biggest issue on defense our secondary? Maybe FS?

We gave up more big plays this year through the air then I have witnessed any team do in 18 years of football, the young corners will be MUCH better next season...but FS play with Gibril Wilson was horrific. He's slow, dosen't read the QB well...and is way past his best days. It is the S job to keep everyone in front of him...he is the security valve of the defense....our last defense. Why were so many HUGE plays made through air against the dolphins d? our secondary....NOT OUR LB'S. We were damn good against the run, but boy oh boy what a joke against the pass.

So in my eyes, if they don't draft Dez at 12 like the should becuase he is the best player availible and we have needed a #1 for god knows how long, they have got to take a safety at 12....the kid from texas, and address LB in round 2 and 3,

For those of you who think clemons can step in and start as an upgrade from gibril....you must be smoking crack, he would be a major DOWNGRADE at FS..........

If were gonna draft defense we should start where were the weakest....which is FS...not LB....look at the stats.

Linebacker is a colossal need.. We started 2 rookies in the secondary. You need help if you fail to see how big of a need linebacker is..

FS was arguably our biggest problem spot last year but FS won't be the BPA when we pick at 1.12.

Earl Thomas is solid but there will be better players there at 1.12. And Taylor Mays is not a good pick at 1.12 either. He could slip to our 2nd rounder at this point.

At 1.12, the BPAs will be (in no particular order)...

Dez Bryant
Rolando McClain
CJ Spiller
Joe Haden
Anthony Davis
Brandon Graham
Dan Williams
Brian Price

Out of those, I think McClain, Haden and Bryant will be gone. Spiller might be a bit of a luxury pick unless we traded Ronnie.

Brandon Graham would be a great pick but Dan Williams would fill a spot that's harder to fill (NT). Brian Price could be an interesting pick if they think he could be an undersized nose?

Rutgers OT Anthony Davis wouldn't seem like a likely pick but I wouldn't be totally shocked if they took him IF DEFENSIVE HOLES WERE FILLED IN FA and if they were really down on Donald Thomas and worried about the injury-prone Smiley and Grove. Still, this would be a way-out-of-the-box pick. It would also assume they like either Carey or Davis at RG and want to keep Nate Garner as a backup.

Outside chance of trading our 1st for DEN DE/OLB Elvis Dumervil is the other outside-the-box move that wouldn't shock me.

But taking a FS at 1.12 probably isn't going to happen.

I hate to say it but I also don't think they're going to spend big on FS in FA. It would be admitting they blew it (and all that money Ross gave them) in signing Gibril Wilson. And this regime will probably not want to give up that easily on Gibril (see Earnest Wilford cut dragging on for 2 years).

yes I understand that LB is a big need but I feel that FS superceeds that....the draft is deep at LB and I think we could do great drafting LB's later on in the draft.

FS is the biggest hole on our defense, I think Earl Thomas would be a solid 12....but as I said I would prefer them to take Dez over defense at 12...if he is availible he should be taken....and if we do trade ronnie brown and spiller is availible...you gotta take him.

I hope we go with Dez if he's there, but if we address defense first I hope we secure our secondary before our LB's....

seriously man how can you say our LB play was worse than our secondary?! lmao

as I stated before vonte and sean are young and will be much improved next year, but we need to upgrade at FS and bring in a better nickel back....

-----------------------------------

I can't go another offseason with miami settling for average players at our skill positions....bess and hartline and great 2 and 3's....but imagine what henne could do with a true #1 along with those guys...and ronnie and ricky in the backfield....that would be scary right?

I just feel like WR and FS should be addressed before LB because this is a DEEP draft at LB

If we were to trade for say Brandon Marshall or Anquan then I would be ok with drafting a LB first, but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

Why does so many on here insist on drafting a LB in the first round?.

Because it may be the best player available, and people want the best player on defense. Can it be any simpler? Do you want Taylor Mays at 12, or McClain or Spiller or brandon Graham or Dan Williams or Dez Bryant?

Linebacker is a colossal need.. We started 2 rookies in the secondary. You need help if you fail to see how big of a need linebacker is..

Our ILBs were awful. Gibril was probably the worst player on the field for our defense but Crowder/Ayodele were really bad.

And I'd list CB as a need too if Will Allen wasn't coming back. Vontae will probably be solid but unfortunately, I think Sean Smith still has a lot to prove.

But like you said, LB will be the biggest issue b/c the inside guys suck, Porter will be cut and JT is his final year.

yes I understand that LB is a big need but I feel that FS superceeds that....the draft is deep at LB and I think we could do great drafting LB's later on in the draft.

FS is the biggest hole on our defense, I think Earl Thomas would be a solid 12....but as I said I would prefer them to take Dez over defense at 12...if he is availible he should be taken....and if we do trade ronnie brown and spiller is availible...you gotta take him.

I hope we go with Dez if he's there, but if we address defense first I hope we secure our secondary before our LB's....

seriously man how can you say our LB play was worse than our secondary?! lmao

as I stated before vonte and sean are young and will be much improved next year, but we need to upgrade at FS and bring in a better nickel back....

-----------------------------------

I can't go another offseason with miami settling for average players at our skill positions....bess and hartline and great 2 and 3's....but imagine what henne could do with a true #1 along with those guys...and ronnie and ricky in the backfield....that would be scary right?

I just feel like WR and FS should be addressed before LB because this is a DEEP draft at LB

If we were to trade for say Brandon Marshall or Anquan then I would be ok with drafting a LB first, but we all know that isn't gonna happen.

I'd rather have Nate Allen in round 2 than Earl Thomas at 1.12.

I haven't even mentioned Taylor Mayes and wouldn't think Miami would consider drafting a no tackling *****.

The best player availible at 12....would be Dez Bryant if he's there, and thats who I think we should take. You guys also have to consider putting a true #1 on the field with Henne to help his development...

Our defense was much better with Crowder on the field and he has improved every year. Joey is gone but I think JT will come back for one year.

I think if we could draft Dez in the first round and land Brandon Spikes in the second that could be huge....he dosen't have great speed but he is a stud ILB and would fit our system very well.

Like I said I think LB is very deep this year and Earl Thomas is very highly thought of and would be a solid pick at 12...If berry were there he would be the guy...but Thomas is a stud too.

Secondary has to be first....if we go defense

I agree we need help at S, but if the OLB got to the QB more often, maybe we wouldnt have given up so many big plays.

At pick 12, I wouldnt be taking a S.

imo, there are multiple needs, don't limit yourself to a certain one first. you have to see who's there when it's your turn. if Spiller truly is the most explosive offensive weapon in the draft you have to consider him if he's there. it doesn't make any sense to take a lesser player because you had trouble at their position last year.

I haven't even mentioned Taylor Mayes and wouldn't think Miami would consider drafting a no tackling *****.

The best player availible at 12....would be Dez Bryant if he's there, and thats who I think we should take. You guys also have to consider putting a true #1 on the field with Henne to help his development...

Our defense was much better with Crowder on the field and he has improved every year. Joey is gone but I think JT will come back for one year.

I think if we could draft Dez in the first round and land Brandon Spikes in the second that could be huge....he dosen't have great speed but he is a stud ILB and would fit our system very well.

Like I said I think LB is very deep this year and Earl Thomas is very highly thought of and would be a solid pick at 12...If berry were there he would be the guy...but Thomas is a stud too.

What about this draft...

1.) Joe Haden CB UF
2.) Brandon Spikes LB UF
3.) Aaron Hernandez TE UF
4.) Maurkice Pouncy C UF
6a.) Major Wright FS UF
6b.) Jermain Cunningham DE UF
7a.) Riley Cooper WR UF
7b.) Brandon James RB/RS UF

If you feel that Earl Thomas is the best player available, then there is no argument.

I just don't see how Thomas is a greater improvement over Wilson than Dez Bryant over Ginn, or McClain over Ayodele, or Dan Williams over Soliai.

FS is a big need, but the inconsistent pass rush and lack of cover skills at the linebacker position played a big role in all the plays being made in Miami's secondary. The Dolphins desperately need some complete linebackers, guys who can rush the passer, stop the run and cover vs. the pass. We don't have one guy that can do that.

As bad as Gibril Wilson is at FS.....believe it or not the linebackers are worse...

...and the statistics support this....the completion percentage when Ayodele and Crowder were thrown at are both astronomical and unacceptable....they were both exposed all season....apparently someone was too busy watching their overrated fullback run around perpetrating as a quarterback to notice all the tight ends constantly shredding Miami's piss poor linebackers...

The only thing Crowder has improved at every year is keeping those peanut brain south Florida journalists wondering if he's really as stupid as he acts.......he's terrible...

The entire linebacking unit has to be rebuilt....you will not a find a more pitiful, less talented, older, more overpaid, sucky unit than the one Miami runs out on the field every Sunday....

The linebackers have to be addressed first and foremost....early and often..

Safety and defensive line are the two deepest positions in this draft....

This draft isn't deep in quality inside linebackers....especially that fit a 3-4 defense......if you want a good one you better get him in the first 50 picks...

Back
Top Bottom