You Guys Are Kidding Right?! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Guys Are Kidding Right?!

Hmmm probably because USF didn't have a football team when I was kid say in 1990 when I started watching football, and I rather die than be a seminole fan....blue and orange runs in my blood.

also tampa is considered west florida or central florida......im actually from tampa but i live in fort myers, swfl.

just because brandon spikes played for florida isn't a reason to dismiss his incredible talent inside...

and being a dolphins and gators fan for 19 years dosen't really put me in the newbie category does it?

I only read the first few pots but here's my 2 cents....after wasting a first round pick on Jason Allen, I don't ever want us to draft a safety in round one ever again.

Ozzy rules!!

There are many ways to address the safety position. The FO made a grave error with playing Gibril Wilson at FS. He's not a FS to begin with, he's a SS that was trying to play FS and that is not an easy task. I'm not defending Wilson, I lost count of how many times I wanted to throw my tv through the wall when Wilson blew his coverage, but he is better served as a SS like back in his NYG days. Everyone knows, or let me rephrase that, everyone should know that a 3-4 defense needs a consistent pass rush from its OLBs to succeed, the 3-4 lives and dies by the way they can apply pressure to the QB. Cameron Wake shows promise, but he will only see the field on obvious passing situations if he does not learn how to read offensive formations. The only experience player we have at the OLB position is an aging player who is on the decline, and on his way out (Joey Porter). J.T. is not a legit OLB, and aside from Jason Ferguson, he was the oldest player on our defense (will be 37 next season). We need an impact OLB who can start from Day One. I like players like Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes, Koa Misi, Jason Worilds, Eric Norwood, and Cameron Sheffield.

What about this draft...

1.) Joe Haden CB UF
2.) Brandon Spikes LB UF
3.) Aaron Hernandez TE UF
4.) Maurkice Pouncy C UF
6a.) Major Wright FS UF
6b.) Jermain Cunningham DE UF
7a.) Riley Cooper WR UF
7b.) Brandon James RB/RS UF

Great! Then we'd have the second best team in the SEC!

Definitely see what you're talking about with Price....if he doesn't make the play with his initial surge...he's cooked....always on the ground....I've never seen him work down the line of scrimmage....it's just his power and penetration is something to behold..."bull" in every sense of the word...

I like Neal too...but he's going to be a 5-tech IMO...he reminds me of a little bit lighter version of Kentwan Balmer as a prospect..

Neal doesn't seem to finish anything off. I wonder if that's a strength issue that can be corrected in the weight room. With that crazy punch off the snap, you'd want to see him finish more plays off with leg drive.

And I tell you what he's not what we're looking for in a nose but Tyson Alualu is one heck of a player. Like a more consistent Mitch King with genuine measurables.

Yeah I like the Mitch King comparison....cat quick....I like Alualu as a prospect too....probably more versatile than King though...

I've seen him play multiple positions also for Cal and line up all over the place...I think Mayock likes him as a 3-Tech and I'd have to agree with that.....although some 3-4 teams might give him some looks at end too...which makes sense being that was his primary position in college....kid definitely brings options with him...along with a motor..

that gator fan side of yours, has taken over your thought process

Yeah I like the Mitch King comparison....cat quick....I like Alualu as a prospect too....probably more versatile than King though...

I've seen him play multiple positions also for Cal and line up all over the place...I think Mayock likes him as a 3-Tech and I'd have to agree with that.....although some 3-4 teams might give him some looks at end too...which makes sense being that was his primary position in college....kid definitely brings options with him...along with a motor..

Yeah Alualu has the measurables to be versatile where King could only succeed in certain more rare situations in the NFL...ended up making him just not a very coveted player.

Very deep draft at DT. Probably the deepest position. When you consider that you can get a Nate Collins way down the board, and the kind of athletic versatility that he brings to the table, his coaches think you could even line him up as a pass catcher and he'd do it well he has that kind of natural athlete in him...guys like Doug Worthington, Martin Tevaseu, Jay Ross, Jaron Baston, Geno Atkins and Jeff Owens...all as low as you might find those guys go...it's such a good and deep class you wonder why not go ahead and draft like two of them, and see what they bring you.

Back
Top Bottom