You Guys Are Kidding Right?! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Guys Are Kidding Right?!

I'm familiar with watching both Ayodele and Crowder play.....I'm not some sheep poster around here that just likes to pile on with whichever way the wind is currently blowing.....in fact..you'll just about find me going against the grain on 75% of the topics around here...

I realize that. You're making my question out to be unfair, and it wasn't. Pro Football Focus really only came out and became fairly known this year and people are still quite understandably feeling out just how much information they offer. Before that site was out, there was no resource where you could compare completion percentages on a bunch of inside linebackers. I'm sorry if it seemed a condescending question but it wasn't. You were using words like "astronomical" to describe results that were either very mediocre or a little worse than mediocre.

Crowder is at the center of my ire because he's the best ILB Miami has and that's a far cry from being good enough....perhaps that isn't his fault? Maybe the fans should direct their attention towards the "czars" that overpaid for the bum in the first place?

They gave up a third round pick for him, and then after his four-year rookie deal was up they gave him a $3 million a year contract. You think that was an overpay? I just can't agree. That's pretty much exactly what you pay for a middle-of-the-road player like that.

Of course teaming Porter and Taylor AGAIN was a bad idea...I don't know why we keep trying it....move on already...sheez..

I have to agree. But at least Taylor seems humbled and willing to try and be a part-time player, whereas Joey is absolutely against it.

FWIW...Wilson grading out as the 15th best safety and whatnot means nothing to me....he's terrible...I don't need some websites statistics to point me in the right direction here....I watch the guy play...I watch him be in position to make plays and he just cant do it.....I never liked this signing from day 1......especially for the amount of money they signed him to.....and I'm not talking out of my *** here, hoops can verify all of this...

I'm not accusing you of anything. I agree, I've been pretty loud about not trusting the PFF rating system...and it's gotten me some people that are pissed off at me about it. However, their statistics (different from the ratings)...gold mine.

I'm not a member of the Merling at OLB camp....I think it's going to be another failed experiment if they try, and they're going to have to find one anyway....so go ahead and do it now and save yourself the headache...

I think as things stand, considering the #32 pick is normally considered to be a first rounder, Phil Merling is already a failed experiment...relatively speaking. About as much a failed experiment as Matt Roth was at DE after taking him in the second round. Moving both guys to SOLB was about trying to recover a little something even though the player isn't what you hoped. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Instead of trying to squeeze another year out of Twinkletoes rotating in and out with Wake on the weakside...I'd rather see them draft a legitimate stud to that instead.....

This sort of assumes that they didn't already find a legit stud in Wake and I honestly believe they have.

Otherwise, I just wonder how often you find a 3-4 defense has two ILBs that are both significantly better than Channing Crowder.

just for discussion sake say mcclain and berry are off the board (a real possibility).who is the better pickup the top CB in the draft joe haden or the second best safety earl thomas.who is the better fit in our secondary. let me also say that perrish cox is a playmaker i watched a couple games this year who will likely be on the board round 2.

Good question.....and actually I think this could be a great way to go.....

Draft Haden at 12, and move Sean Smith back to his original position of FS....he is such a big guy he should be able to ball hawk back there when he's facing the offense.

Line Haden and Vonte up together.....now that could bring us back to the Madison Surtain days......

that way we could fix our problem at FS and get a shutdown CB at the same time.....NICE

Good question.....and actually I think this could be a great way to go.....

Draft Haden at 12, and move Sean Smith back to his original position of FS....he is such a big guy he should be able to ball hawk back there when he's facing the offense.

Line Haden and Vonte up together.....now that could bring us back to the Madison Surtain days......

that way we could fix our problem at FS and get a shutdown CB at the same time.....NICE

So we should move a CB who can't tackle to FS? You do realize this isn't Madden and safeties need to be sure tacklers, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzKHhVMsAo0

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Sean played Safety at Utah and played very well. Also he would be playing FS so he dosent need to hit like John Lynch. We need a good coverage safety and sean would do that well.

yeah sure gibril can hit but we dont need two lb's back there. bell plays SS...he's the big hitter, sean could do well at FS...

and regardless, it could be hard to pass on a shutdown corner at 12...

sean at fs would be a big improvement over gibril at FS....sean can cover, gibril obviously cant

its just an idea geeeez lol

just for discussion sake say mcclain and berry are off the board (a real possibility).who is the better pickup the top CB in the draft joe haden or the second best safety earl thomas.who is the better fit in our secondary. let me also say that perrish cox is a playmaker i watched a couple games this year who will likely be on the board round 2.

I would go Haden here.....he has less question marks than Thomas when you project both of them to the NFL IMO...

He plays the football in the air better than any corner in this draft....ball skills are something that you can't coach..you either have it or you dont....and other than Arenas, Haden is the best blitzing and tackling corner in this class....Haden is comfortably the top corner on my board...I don't think there's any question he'd start for Miami from day 1...

I'm quite aware of how much of a stud in coverage Earl Thomas is....in fact, I may have been the first one around here to even dare mention his name in the same breath as Berry and Mays months ago....while also defending him when someone came along to post a single "highlight" clip from his freshman year in order to knock him....

But I don't think he's worth the 12th overall pick in this draft....he has no peers when it comes to patrolling the secondary and making QB's pay dearly for their mistakes...not even Eric Berry....but he's not as complete, physical, or experienced as Berry...

For the sake of conversation....if there's even a snowball's chance that Berry could fall to the 12th pick....that automatically prevents Earl Thomas from being good value at that slot...

Perrish Cox is in that next batch of corners that I think probably slides into round 2 where you usually see the run on corners begin anyway....and that's disreguarding any character concerns there may be with him....I was really looking forward to seeing his matchup with Shay Hodge in the Cotton Bowl until he got himself suspended for the game...

Sean Smith I really liked...but he was a safety/cornerback tweener on my board...and I'd be hesitant to put that poor of a tackler as my last line of defense...he still plays with an offensive players mentality IMO...his tackling fundamentals are poor...

Well Sean played Safety at Utah and played very well. Also he would be playing FS so he dosent need to hit like John Lynch. We need a good coverage safety and sean would do that well.

yeah sure gibril can hit but we dont need two lb's back there. bell plays SS...he's the big hitter, sean could do well at FS...

and regardless, it could be hard to pass on a shutdown corner at 12...

sean at fs would be a big improvement over gibril at FS....sean can cover, gibril obviously cant

its just an idea geeeez lol
Smith never played safety at Utah. He arrived at Utah as a receiver and running back before moving to CB in 2007.

Moving Sean to FS would be another position he would have to learn.

Let me stop you right there. No, he did not. That is just plain inaccurate. He was a WR and RB in high school. He was a WR at Utah. Then they moved him directly to CB where he played his final two years. Never played safety. At all. At...all.

Yeah I understand it's just an idea and I'm not trying to jump on top of you for having an idea, but your idea is based on faulty recollection.

I think Kam Chancellor is going to start in this league for many years and make a team very happy. I'd love to get my hands on him.

I'm familiar with watching both Ayodele and Crowder play.....I'm not some sheep poster around here that just likes to pile on with whichever way the wind is currently blowing.....in fact..you'll just about find me going against the grain on 75% of the topics around here...

I realized how uninspiring (it's your fault I like that word now too) Crowder was 3 years ago....we will forever disagree on this scrub CK..

I think he's miscast inside in a 3-4...he doesn't have the insticts to function at a high enough level there IMO....I think he's best suited outside in a 4-3 where SOME of his shortcomings can be washed out by SOME of the things he does well...

Crowder is at the center of my ire because he's the best ILB Miami has and that's a far cry from being good enough....perhaps that isn't his fault? Maybe the fans should direct their attention towards the "czars" that overpaid for the bum in the first place?

I never liked the Porter signing from day 1.....and never subscribed to the idea that bringing Twinkletoes back was such a great idea...

We're losers with him....get rid of him and win 11 games...bring him back and pick 12th in the draft again....bad Karma seems to follow this guy....nevermind that he's a situational player at this point...trust me I'm aware of the other factors, but you get my point..

Of course teaming Porter and Taylor AGAIN was a bad idea...I don't know why we keep trying it....move on already...sheez..

FWIW...Wilson grading out as the 15th best safety and whatnot means nothing to me....he's terrible...I don't need some websites statistics to point me in the right direction here....I watch the guy play...I watch him be in position to make plays and he just cant do it.....I never liked this signing from day 1......especially for the amount of money they signed him to.....and I'm not talking out of my *** here, hoops can verify all of this...

I do agree that the backbone of the majority of big plays Miami gave up in the passing game is attributed to the pups at cornerback....but that's just part of it when you're forced to start the two youngsters out there...

I never liked the Pasqualadotti hire....honestly...I'm not a fan of "Parcells network" of old timers that he likes to drag around with him period....surely there was a reason he was fired after Sparano carefully looked himself in the mirror as well?

I'm not a member of the Merling at OLB camp....I think it's going to be another failed experiment if they try, and they're going to have to find one anyway....so go ahead and do it now and save yourself the headache...

Instead of trying to squeeze another year out of Twinkletoes rotating in and out with Wake on the weakside...I'd rather see them draft a legitimate stud to that instead.....

Finding an ILB to pair with Crowder if they're so hellbent on keeping this clown around isn't a want....that's a need....finding another to replace Crowder is a tremendous want on my part....and has been for quite some time...

Getting their hands on a free safety that actually has the skillset to play it is another need....not a want...but I believe I can get one past the 12th pick in the draft....yes...I said I think even I can get one past the 12th pick in the draft...surely the "czars" are confident they can too...

Again....the path obviously becomes much clearer after free agency....which is an area I think most of the posters on this site could do a better job in...

absolutely...slimm and i have been united on this stuff for some time...crowder is garbage gibril wilson was a trash signing as a free safety and he's garbage too...

it took me a while come around on ted ginn i kept waiting but slimm had him pegged from the get go...more garbage

sean smith may be the worst tackling starting corner in football...i'm hard pressed to find anyone worse...

i think haden is the better talent and top 10 player...do i go corner though over earl thomas??? i don't know maybe i look to see if someone is interested in coming up to get the top cb in the draft...

but i'll say this...i'm not so sure sean smith is gonna be a good corner for this team for the long haul...there's a lot of things i see with him that i don't like...

my bad, i swear i thought he played safety at utah...i knew he was a converted WR though.

so guess it isn't such a good idea. then i say you'd have to pass on haden and go with earl thomas or berry if he fell somehow

Back
Top Bottom