You guys have to check out UniversalDraft.com | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys have to check out UniversalDraft.com

CJGoCanes

Starter
Reaction score
www.universaldraft.com

It's from the minds of ckparrothead and Boomer. I saw ck mention it in another thread, and I'm blown away. It's not flashy or anything, but extremely thorough. It has the best scouting reports/player analysis I have seen thus far.

If you guys read this then great job so far. The reports definitely look like you spent a lot of time on them.

The only thing I thought could have improved them are organizational details. I don't know if you've seen New Era Scouting's reports, they're alright in general, but they do a great job in clarity and organization. The best thing I liked about their reports are at the top it says what scheme the player would be best in and compares them to current NFL players. I saw in your reports it does mention the prospects best fit though. I know these are very opinionated, but it definitely makes the reports clearer and more fun to read as you envision the compared player coming out and such. Those were just my thoughts, but great job anyways.

Not a bad find, I'll add it to my bookmarks. I like how they grade the positions, i've never seen a draft site do that.

IF Malcolm Jenkins last that long and we dont take him then we are stupid. And if these guys think hes gonna last til the 2nd round they should not be making mock drafts

Why in the world would the Dolphins draft an OLB who runs a 4.8 forty??????

The Dolphins have already acquired Cam Wake who is twice the athlete English is. And Wake has experience and big *** trophies and multiple awards.

If English were drafted, there is a chance that he couldn't even beat out Moses for a roster spot.

Porter,Roth,Wake,Anderson,Moses,Walden

It isn't like there is a spot open. Walden is a special teams ace. They won't cut him unless they they see something really special.

If Roth isn't traded, and there is a rumor that JT may come back, there just isn't room for an OLB unless he is special, and there is nothing special about a 4.8 forty.

English is tooooooooooo sslooooooooooooowww.

The Dolphins have already acquired Cam Wake who is twice the athlete English is. And Wake has experience and big *** trophies and multiple awards.

If English were drafted, there is a chance that he couldn't even beat out Moses for a roster spot.

It isn't like there is a spot open. Walden is a special teams ace. They won't cut him unless they they see something really special.

If Roth isn't traded, and there is a rumor that JT may come back, there just isn't room for an OLB unless he is special, and there is nothing special about a 4.8 forty.

Guess you'v never watched actual game tape, or even a highlight film for that matter. His first step off the edge is pretty lethal.

BTW, Spoke with CK about the site - that mock belongs to Conuficus (the 3rd member of the site), and isn't a collaborative effort of all 3.

As much as I'm excited for C. Wake, he is unproven. There is a reason he did not make it in the NFL the first time. Just because he looked good in Canada ( which isn't even a real country :chuckle: ) against a bunch of guys who couldn't make it in the NFL either does not mean he is our new starting OLB.

The 3-4 is set up to put pressure on the QB. Roth and Moses did not do enough on the other side to take pressure off of Porter. Imagine if we had someone on that other side that really could bring the heat.

Do I think English is that guy, I'm not sure. That is why the Dolphins haven't asked me for my opinion. But I do think OLB is a position we will target, and target early.

As much as I'm excited for C. Wake, he is unproven. There is a reason he did not make it in the NFL the first time. Just because he looked good in Canada ( which isn't even a real country :chuckle: ) against a bunch of guys who couldn't make it in the NFL either does not mean he is our new starting OLB.

The 3-4 is set up to put pressure on the QB. Roth and Moses did not do enough on the other side to take pressure off of Porter. Imagine if we had someone on that other side that really could bring the heat.

Do I think English is that guy, I'm not sure. That is why the Dolphins haven't asked me for my opinion. But I do think OLB is a position we will target, and target early.

watch your mouth young man ! we got the ladies, we got the hockey... and we got the ladies (don't look for an ontarian chick, come to montreal buddy and you'll understand why our hockey players can't stay out of night clubs ) :chuckle:

as for cam wake... think of james harrisson, a guy who didn't have a clean shot at a starting job until recently and look how that turned out. I'm not saying the results will be the same but the context seems quite similar in the way that they didn't get a good chance at the beginning... james digged himself out by being an excellent special teamer and sticking with a team that needed him once Peezy was let go. Cam wake earned his way to the top by compiling amazing stats in a league that is equivalent to NCAA's top notch programs talent-wise .... so basically, you're getting the 2 time leading sack artist of a ncaa v.2.0 ... not too shabby

I couldn't disagree more. Wake is far more proven than English.

Like I said, his accomplishments in Canada are unprecedented. MVP and 20 plus sacks against competition greater than that of the collegiate level.

Think about it. Where do CFL players come from? From mostly American college's. No, not the creme of the crop, thats the NFL; but just below the creme, which is a H of a lot more competition than your best college conference's.

The CFL is a very successful league with a lot of talent.

By the way, how's the competition level in the mid-american conference??

Unproven, I don't think so. Dolphins already got their 1st round pick at OLB.

The jury is still out on Wake.

I'm not saying a first round draft pick OLB is a guarentee, look at Golston last season. But obviously Wake was over looked a few years back coming out of college. And he even is from Line Backer U. Granted he played more DE. Point is he couldn't contend with NFL talent. I'm not saying canadian football players are nobodies, But they are there (most of them) because they can't make it at the next level. Sure it takes some guys a few extra years of experience to make the jump to the NFL, but the guys in the NFL are a whole level higher. Until Wake can prove he can keep up at the NFL, he is just another FA pick up. I still think we look OLB very high in the draft.

Do I want Wake to come in and put up ridiculous numbers. Hell yeah! But I am being realistic. Canadian football and the NFL are very different. If you think he is going to come in and get 20 sacks in the NFL, your dreaming. I'm drinking beer right now, but even I'm not that drunk.

watch your mouth young man ! we got the ladies, we got the hockey... and we got the ladies (don't look for an ontarian chick, come to montreal buddy and you'll understand why our hockey players can't stay out of night clubs ) :chuckle:

as for cam wake... think of james harrisson, a guy who didn't have a clean shot at a starting job until recently and look how that turned out. I'm not saying the results will be the same but the context seems quite similar in the way that they didn't get a good chance at the beginning... james digged himself out by being an excellent special teamer and sticking with a team that needed him once Peezy was let go. Cam wake earned his way to the top by compiling amazing stats in a league that is equivalent to NCAA's top notch programs talent-wise .... so basically, you're getting the 2 time leading sack artist of a ncaa v.2.0 ... not too shabby

I got to give my Canadian brothers a bad time. haha :chuckle:

Actually a good friend of mine was the number one pick in the CFL a few years ago. I follow the Eskimos now because of Adam.

Back
Top Bottom