You guys have to check out UniversalDraft.com | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys have to check out UniversalDraft.com

I couldn't disagree more. Wake is far more proven than English.

Like I said, his accomplishments in Canada are unprecedented. MVP and 20 plus sacks against competition greater than that of the collegiate level.

Think about it. Where do CFL players come from? From mostly American college's. No, not the creme of the crop, thats the NFL; but just below the creme, which is a H of a lot more competition than your best college conference's.

The CFL is a very successful league with a lot of talent.

By the way, how's the competition level in the mid-american conference??

Unproven, I don't think so. Dolphins already got their 1st round pick at OLB.

Which is why guys from weak conferences and teams like DeMarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora (both from Troy) go straight to the NFL right? Our own Chad Pennington had a pretty successful career and he's from the MAC.

Cameron Wake's #'s in the CFL don't have any bearing on his success in the NFL. Sorry.

i gaurentee if malcolm was there at 25 hed be a dolphin

I think too much attention is being paid to the mock draft. All mock drafts are horrible because there are SO many variables in the draft.

Pay more attention to the in-depth scouting reports and CK's Dolphins blog

www.universaldraft.com

It's from the minds of ckparrothead and Boomer. I saw ck mention it in another thread, and I'm blown away. It's not flashy or anything, but extremely thorough. It has the best scouting reports/player analysis I have seen thus far.

If you guys read this then great job so far. The reports definitely look like you spent a lot of time on them.

The only thing I thought could have improved them are organizational details. I don't know if you've seen New Era Scouting's reports, they're alright in general, but they do a great job in clarity and organization. The best thing I liked about their reports are at the top it says what scheme the player would be best in and compares them to current NFL players. I saw in your reports it does mention the prospects best fit though. I know these are very opinionated, but it definitely makes the reports clearer and more fun to read as you envision the compared player coming out and such. Those were just my thoughts, but great job anyways.

Thanks for the suggestion! And the compliments!

I see the Mock Draft still draws the largest amount of attention, lol! We noticed that in the page requests.

Keep something in mind with the mock drafts. As RoninFin4 mentioned already, thus far the Mock is not a collaborative effort. And, it might be a little dated. If Richard did it over again, I have a feeling it might change. It changes for all of us seemingly on a weekly basis.

We're working on it. Trust me, we're working on it. This site is very much UNDER CONSTRUCTION. It seems like we've hardly worked out anything, which is why it's so pleasantly surprising to see you guys compliment it so.

What I'm hoping to roll out with very soon is a drop-menu under Mock Drafts that allows you to see Con's Mock, CK's Mock, and Boomer's Mock. That way you really get a nice, wide array of differing opinions, instead of trying to mash-up three separate opinions on how things will go down into one mock draft.

Also, the player profiles will be very much like that in the future with things going forward. All three of us hope to contribute separate opinions on most of the players, and in the future what we'd like to do is make dated entries with our thoughts on these players in sort of timeline fashion so that you can see our thought process evolve from pre-season, to mid-season, to the bowl games, to the all star games, the combine, pro days right up through draft day.

We want smart readers. Smart readers like to form their own opinions. Instead of shoving one snapshot review of a guy down their throat, we'll give them a chance to see three different draftnik minds thinking three different things about the players, and we'll also give them a chance to see our opinions of those players change over time and why, which gives the reader the opportunity to judge whether we're right, or we're just plain full of it, for whatever reason.

watch your mouth young man ! we got the ladies, we got the hockey... and we got the ladies (don't look for an ontarian chick, come to montreal buddy and you'll understand why our hockey players can't stay out of night clubs ) :chuckle:

as for cam wake... think of james harrisson, a guy who didn't have a clean shot at a starting job until recently and look how that turned out. I'm not saying the results will be the same but the context seems quite similar in the way that they didn't get a good chance at the beginning... james digged himself out by being an excellent special teamer and sticking with a team that needed him once Peezy was let go. Cam wake earned his way to the top by compiling amazing stats in a league that is equivalent to NCAA's top notch programs talent-wise .... so basically, you're getting the 2 time leading sack artist of a ncaa v.2.0 ... not too shabby

Hellooooooooo what about our beer!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome content and organization.

I hate draft sites that are so cluttered with 1,000 different banners, links, and other garbage, and makes it hard to navigate/find what you need.

Still, a little more "flash" would help you site I think. I'm sure you'll be working that out going forward.

Great job!!!

Hi guys. Many of you don't know me here anymore. I used to post here quite often but I generally post elsewhere, although I lurk from time to time.

I will say I am very thankful for all of your kind words. Especially since the site is actually only 6 days old. We have a lot of stuff to upload, and it takes time.

The site is mine persay as I started it, but Boomer and CK are my partners in this as one person cannot do it alone. A great many of the player writeups will be posted in a whats new or update list that will be added today or tonite. The mailbag for each of us will be up today hopefully - there was a glitch yesterday, so you guys can drop us a line.

The Mock will change as do the player rankings, they fluctuate up and down. There are a few kinks and they will be worked out shortly. I will have the newest one up for tomorrow. And Andre Smith is not in the first for a reason. Jenkins I had slip due to his forty and questions regarding his stiffness during the combine. Some view him as a safety, some don't but wait until tomorrow to see what I have now that FA is more than a week old.

If there is any questions I can answer for you I would be happy to.

Hi guys. Many of you don't know me here anymore. I used to post here quite often but I generally post elsewhere, although I lurk from time to time.

I will say I am very thankful for all of your kind words. Especially since the site is actually only 6 days old. We have a lot of stuff to upload, and it takes time.

The site is mine persay as I started it, but Boomer and CK are my partners in this as one person cannot do it alone. A great many of the player writeups will be posted in a whats new or update list that will be added today or tonite. The mailbag for each of us will be up today hopefully - there was a glitch yesterday, so you guys can drop us a line.

The Mock will change as do the player rankings, they fluctuate up and down. There are a few kinks and they will be worked out shortly. I will have the newest one up for tomorrow. And Andre Smith is not in the first for a reason. Jenkins I had slip due to his forty and questions regarding his stiffness during the combine. Some view him as a safety, some don't but wait until tomorrow to see what I have now that FA is more than a week old.

If there is any questions I can answer for you I would be happy to.

:hi5: Keep up the great work guys. Your site has some great reads, and I look forward to the new additions. It and Finheaven help me get through the long days here in the office!

Back
Top Bottom