You guys have to check out UniversalDraft.com | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys have to check out UniversalDraft.com

Well, also considering how Jacksonville traded up to take Derrick Harvey at 8 last year, and Maybin is more explosive than Harvey is. Harvey is better technique wise, but as far as overall ceiling, I think Maybin's is higher.

Well, also considering how Jacksonville traded up to take Derrick Harvey at 8 last year, and Maybin is more explosive than Harvey is. Harvey is better technique wise, but as far as overall ceiling, I think Maybin's is higher.

I think one of the newly 3-4 teams will draft him to play OLB. I think he goes top 15.

i won't argue that maybin has a ton of upside but the guy put on 15 more lbs than his playing weight b4 the combine and showed at the combine he couldn't carry said weight.

i didn't see any of the explosion off the edge in drills i saw at 234.

not to mention a very small body of work at penn st.

but you guys seem to think malcolm jenkins and sean smith are pro corners. i see them both as elite free safety prospects. jenkins maybe a cover 2 corner fit.

and everybody seems to now be in love with darius "i'm not lifting" butler.
i'd much rather have either alphonso smith or dj moore but that 5 ft 9 height for each bothers me.

considering i have sean smith and malcolm jenkins both pegged as pro safeties there's not a corner in this draft i have a first round grade on. vontae davis to me looks like a bust and alphonso smith who i think carries the highest true corner grade drops for me to round 2 because of that 5 ft 9 height and around 4.5 40. same for dj moore.

anyways...nice site.

Some interesting picks in that draft. One thing that stood out was Jets passing on Stafford for a RB. Running back I think is not near as big a need a Quarterback, simply based on personel. Jones may be 31, but as he showed last season he still has alot to offer and Washington is there to complement him and change the pace of the game. Unless the Jets are very confident that Clemens can do the job for them then, IMO you can not pass on arguebly the highest rated QB in the draft. Take it for what its worth but thats only my take.

Some interesting picks in that draft. One thing that stood out was Jets passing on Stafford for a RB. Running back I think is not near as big a need a Quarterback, simply based on personel. Jones may be 31, but as he showed last season he still has alot to offer and Washington is there to complement him and change the pace of the game. Unless the Jets are very confident that Clemens can do the job for them then, IMO you can not pass on arguebly the highest rated QB in the draft. Take it for what its worth but thats only my take.

I'm toying with both ideas. My last mock had Stafford to the Jets. I wonder how, if given the choice between Freeman and Stafford the Jets would react? Stafford can make some questionable decisions with the football at times and does not have great touch on his passes. Freeman is also raw, but probably has more upside, but was he a man amongst boys at K State and thus looked much better playing some of the BIG 12 defenses - which were not vaunted in many cases. Which QB would all the veterans on the team put up with whilst getting used to playing in the AFC East, which is no joke?

Which guy has the mental make up to stand up to being the "new" QB in New York. Eli Manning was a much better prospect than either, and it took him more than one year or a few games to get going. The Jets are an old team at certain positions. They may see what they have in Clemens, they may bring in a vet like I said in the Mock to hold the fort down - who knows.

I will likely go back and forth with some of those picks. Hell, Jacksonville is not above taking a quarterback with Garrard and then Cleo Lemon as the top two quarterbacks on the roster. Do they take Sanchez? Stafford? You never know, they have done it before.

stafford has some issues between the ears but i can't see anyone taking freeman over him.

i know i wouldn't.

I'm toying with both ideas. My last mock had Stafford to the Jets. I wonder how, if given the choice between Freeman and Stafford the Jets would react? Stafford can make some questionable decisions with the football at times and does not have great touch on his passes. Freeman is also raw, but probably has more upside, but was he a man amongst boys at K State and thus looked much better playing some of the BIG 12 defenses - which were not vaunted in many cases. Which QB would all the veterans on the team put up with whilst getting used to playing in the AFC East, which is no joke?

Which guy has the mental make up to stand up to being the "new" QB in New York. Eli Manning was a much better prospect than either, and it took him more than one year or a few games to get going. The Jets are an old team at certain positions. They may see what they have in Clemens, they may bring in a vet like I said in the Mock to hold the fort down - who knows.

I will likely go back and forth with some of those picks. Hell, Jacksonville is not above taking a quarterback with Garrard and then Cleo Lemon as the top two quarterbacks on the roster. Do they take Sanchez? Stafford? You never know, they have done it before.

Also talk of one of them ending in Seattle, to eventually replace Hasslebeck. But as you said its hard to predict where Sanchez and Stafford end up on draft day.

Another thing I found interesting with that was the KC pick of Orakpo. Totally understand the reasoning behind it as I think the Chiefs had one of the worst pass-rushes in the league last season. However with the depth at OLB/DE, I think they could pick up at decent rusher in the 2nd round such as Barwin, Ayres, Matthews or Johnson. Would be the only reason why I would take Curry at that spot ahead of Orakpo, as I dont see the same depth at the ILB position in the draft, but it depends if you see Curry as an ILB or OLB also.

Quick question Con, do you think there is a chance KC go BJ Raji at 3? Considering the switch to 3-4, can Glenn Dorsey play at NT? Or will he be moved to DE?

Personally, I think Tank Tyler could be tried at NT first. He is very thick in his upper body, and is not a slouch. Is he a perfect fit? No. There are some players a little later in the draft, such as Terrance Taylor, maybe Dorrell Scott etc. that can come in and help to fill the position. Plus there may be too much money on the defensive line as it is now to add another top 5 pick to the rotation. Dorsey will chances are, get kicked out to end IMO.

One other thing to remember is that the Chiefs traded that 2nd rounder to the Pats for Matt Cassel. So they need to act sooner rather than later IMO.

Congratulations CK! I know you guys have been working hard on this idea and now it lives!

I stuck this thread in this forum so you could get some constant exposure to help kick you off.

Best wishes,

Matt & The FinHeaven Staff

I couldn't disagree more. Wake is far more proven than English.

Like I said, his accomplishments in Canada are unprecedented. MVP and 20 plus sacks against competition greater than that of the collegiate level.

Wow, I'm very impressed, I never knew. He might even be the defensive version of Doug Flutie! :rimshot:

All of the draft picks are projections. College isn't the same level, and neither is the CFL.

Congratulations CK! I know you guys have been working hard on this idea and now it lives!

I stuck this thread in this forum so you could get some constant exposure to help kick you off.

Best wishes,

Matt & The FinHeaven Staff

Thank you Matt. I really appreciate it. We've been working pretty hard on it but it seems like there's still so much to do and so much to organize, take care of, etc.

Yeah, it is a massive undertaking. But a good one.

Thank you again for all the comments and criticisms as all are welcome and useful.

Thanks Matt I appreciate the reception and good wishes. :up:

Back
Top Bottom