You guys picked up a great RB, but your OL is still not that good. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys picked up a great RB, but your OL is still not that good.

funny i dont remember the jets having 3 first round picks like the rams

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
He was replaced in the starting lineup in Tampa by BEN KELLY! That should be embarrasing for any starting CB in the NFL to be replaced by Ben Kelly during the season. Donnie Abraham isn't very good at all, he would be the 4th CB on this team (Fletcher will have a better season)

Abraham was replaced by BRIAN Kelly. Brian has been with the Bucs since 1998. BEN Kelly is now on the Patriots roster. Even so, Kelly took Abraham's job.

He's better than Abraham. That's why they let Donnie go. I guess I'm kinda biased because Brian Kelly was one of my neighbors, as was Keyshawn and Derrick Brooks. So there's a little "sticking up" going on.

Brian Kelly is a pretty good CB. I remember Keyshawn had nothing but praise for Kelly while he came out of USC, and that was when Keyshawn was a Jet.

He is a solid player, not real fast, but as we all know in the Bucs' cover two, the corners don't need to be blazing.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Brian Kelly is a pretty good CB. I remember Keyshawn had nothing but praise for Kelly while he came out of USC, and that was when Keyshawn was a Jet.

He is a solid player, not real fast, but as we all know in the Bucs' cover two, the corners don't need to be blazing.
Donnie had 5 int. Compared to Brian Kelly 0 last season. The only reason Donnie A. was cut by the Bucs was he was going to count like 4 million against the cap this year.

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
Donnie had 5 int. Compared to Brian Kelly 0 last season. The only reason Donnie A. was cut by the Bucs was he was going to count like 4 million against the cap this year.

The reason Donnie A. was cut, was because (as I said in the other post, which you are afraid to respond to) he was making way too much money for a NICKEL BACK. He was healthy all of last year, and started only 5 games. Plain simple fact. Gloss it any way you want, and it comes back to the same thing, your team was under the gun with the cap, and took the player you could afford. It is more than evident that you haven't seen him play, because if you had, you'd know he was a nickel back all of last year.

one word ....

myopic.

Originally posted by Coach_Largent

The reason Donnie A. was cut, was because (as I said in the other post, which you are afraid to respond to) he was making way too much money for a NICKEL BACK. He was healthy all of last year, and started only 5 games. Plain simple fact. Gloss it any way you want, and it comes back to the same thing, your team was under the gun with the cap, and took the player you could afford. It is more than evident that you haven't seen him play, because if you had, you'd know he was a nickel back all of last year.

one word ....

myopic.
I'm not saying he didn't lose his starting spot to Kelly, but there where money reason behind that.
He had more INT then any other CB in the League since he came to the NFL. I would say that would make him a damn good CB.

I'm not saying he didn't lose his starting spot to Kelly, but there where money reason behind that.
He had more INT then any other CB in the League since he came to the NFL. I would say that would make him a damn good CB.

INTs is not the only stat for a CB. They can be misleading. Terrell Buckley had 8 INTs while w/ us one year, but he was always getting burned.

Money reasons cause people to lose their jobs POST-SEASON - not during a playoff run.

FWIW --- INT's are not a badge of honor for CB's (FS's yes)... ... many of the league's top CB's are not thrown at often enough to make 5-7 INT's a season. Want evidence, see the ProBowl rosters over the years.
Check out Chris McCallister -- in his first two years he had 4 and 5 respectively. Last year ?? None. But last year was his best year personally, people were going AWAY from him (hence the apparant drop off from Duane Starks on the off side).

Please bring some logic ...

Donnie A. is a nickel back. Simple as that.

Originally posted by booyeah_

INTs is not the only stat for a CB. They can be misleading. Terrell Buckley had 8 INTs while w/ us one year, but he was always getting burned.
I agree..but when they talk about CB that is the 1st thing they bring up.

I agree..but when they talk about CB that is the 1st thing they bring up.

They being the media ??

If you talk to coaches they'll bring up about 10 factors before INT #'s ...

run along ...

Originally posted by Coach_Largent

Money reasons cause people to lose their jobs POST-SEASON - not during a playoff run.

FWIW --- INT's are not a badge of honor for CB's (FS's yes)... ... many of the league's top CB's are not thrown at often enough to make 5-7 INT's a season. Want evidence, see the ProBowl rosters over the years.
Check out Chris McCallister -- in his first two years he had 4 and 5 respectively. Last year ?? None. But last year was his best year personally, people were going AWAY from him (hence the apparant drop off from Duane Starks on the off side).

Please bring some logic ...

Donnie A. is a nickel back. Simple as that.
it does mean something during the seaon when the player and coach already know there going to cut that guy at the end of the year. Tony wanted to see want Kelly could give him. We will see this season how good Donnie is.

1.it does mean something during the seaon when the player and coach already know there going to cut that guy at the end of the year. Tony wanted to see want Kelly could give him.

2.We will see this season how good Donnie is.

1. NOT DURING A PLAYOFF RUN.

2.Yeah, fortunately for us, we will.

Man, that is weak.......Why didn't Vinnie lose his job to Pennington, since the coaches want to see what he has?

Your reasoning is ludacrous. To say a player lost a starting job to somebody who is "less talented" in a playoff run(when the coaches job is on the line) i absurd.

Abraham is decent, a decent nickle back.

By your logic, Doug Evans should be in the top one or 2 CBs in the league. Is that true?

Answer that and win a donut.

Back
Top Bottom