You guys picked up a great RB, but your OL is still not that good. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You guys picked up a great RB, but your OL is still not that good.

Jetsrule Kareem Mckenzie won't be starting at Lt by the time the season starts. I can see the Jets Moving Jason Fabini back to Lt and moving Kareem Mckenzie to right tackle at some point during preseason. Jumbo Elliot has too much mileage to play a full season. Jason Fabini could be a probowler at Rt but he isn't any where the player he is at Lt. There is a reason the Jets want to move him to Rt.(Watch the playoff game). You have the same problems on your offensive line- No depth and better hope everyone stays healthy. Too many if Jetsran , for my liking (No speed at lb outside of Cowart if healthy, secondary could be decent and could be horrible . Wait and see.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Brian Kelly sucks too. The Jets had three first rounders in 2000.
The Jets had 4 first rounders that year. They selected John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Chad Pennington and Anothy Becht.

I wanted no part of McKenzie coming out of college because I didn't rate him very highly at all, so until he proves me wrong, I think he will be a turn-still at LT. I was happy that NYJ drafted him because i don't think he will be very good, much like i was happy this season when Oakland picked Langston Walker so high, i also think Walker will be a huge bust!

Just my opinion. I think there a big diffrence between Langston Walker and Kareem Mckenzie. Kareem Mckenzie is asked to play the toughest position on the line and is not a finished product.(underachiever in college) They are throwing him to the fire. Langston Walker I was hoping the dolphins would get . Imagine a Right side of Todd Wade and Langston Walker- 6'8 346 Langston Walker isn't a finished product (ran a 5.2 at combine and 5.05 at private workout for Kc, Jets and someone else)won't be playing for Oakland in the next couple of years but will be Lincoln Kennedys eventually replacement at Rt. He can develop slowly and its way easier to play Rt than is Lt. Kareem Mckenzie dosen't have that luxury and probably ends up at rt before training camps ends.

Ricky will have a decent season, but he moves to a weaker offensive line & an offense that doesn't have the same talent as the Saints did last year. He'll put up some numbers, but I don't see a 1600+ yd season this year. Any D-coordinator is going to plan to stop the run & make Fiedler beat you...

Well,......one could argue

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
was has Jay done in this league? ENUFF SAID..

One could argue that Fiedler is the only starting QB in the league to never finish worse than 11-5. He has also won the AFC East Title 50% of the time, passed for over 3,000 yards in a single season, and was the best 4th quarter QB in the league last year.

Fiedler has won as more playoff games in two seasons in Miami than all the QB's on the Jets roster combined.

Just a thought........about what he's done.

Jets are in trouble

The Jets fans seem excited that they signed Cowart and some of their FA on the roster......but they have no cap room for the most part. Not even enough to sign the draft picks from this year.

The Jets are going to have to still cut some players, and it's one of the quietest "rebuilding jobs" I've ever seen. The Jets will have a bunch of new faces starting this year and most are not upgrades. The few that are, like Cowart, are coming off of major injuries and may not be ready for a full season.

Add to that the injury to Mawae, and the Jets could finish at the bottom of the East again this year. That's part of the trouble with the Jets, they play us like gods, but they have only made the playoffs 7 times in the last 32 years (Worst in NFL) and only have a few East titles.

Footballfanatic....
Are you joking me? This is McKenzie's 3rd year and the league, and so far he has been asked to do nothing, how's that for coming along slowly?

Have you ever seen Langston Walker play? Ever see him play in the 4th qtr of a game? It is a joke. He has no technique, conditioning, heart, and you want him here? he wont do anything consistanly well in this league. He is 6'8, any DT with half a brain would kill him with leverage if he was a G. His technique goes away at the first sign of fatigue, and you think he will continue to fire out of his stance and get DTs undertheir pads well into the 4th qtr at home in Miami in Sept? That would be hilarious.

Kreem Mckenzie was a third round pick in the 2oo1 draft and is going into his second year. Thats not letting a guy develop and is asking too much for a second year player to play the most difficult position on the line- Left Tackle.

I won't even comment on your disrespect for Langaston Walker but let the Fact that Bill Callahan(Raiders coach and former Ol Coach who regarded as one of the finest ol coaches in the game) thought enough of him to draft him. You can argue you know more football than me but i don't see anyone knocking your door down to coach their offensive line. Im not going to argue over this but wait and see what this Langston Walker does in Nfl. Than either your right or Im right.

Re: Jets are in trouble

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
The Jets fans seem excited that they signed Cowart and some of their FA on the roster......but they have no cap room for the most part. Not even enough to sign the draft picks from this year.

The Jets are going to have to still cut some players, and it's one of the quietest "rebuilding jobs" I've ever seen. The Jets will have a bunch of new faces starting this year and most are not upgrades. The few that are, like Cowart, are coming off of major injuries and may not be ready for a full season.

Add to that the injury to Mawae, and the Jets could finish at the bottom of the East again this year. That's part of the trouble with the Jets, they play us like gods, but they have only made the playoffs 7 times in the last 32 years (Worst in NFL) and only have a few East titles.
The Jets are going to re-do some contracts so we can sign our draft picks. Curtis Martin is one contract I know they going to re-do.

Yes Cowart is coming off a "major injury" that why a lot of his money this season depends on playing time.

The last 3 SB winners never won a SB until that year, so "HISTORY" doesn't mean nothing. In fact they all 3 have LOSING RECORDS in there history.
Sorry I don't go by what happen in the past. If that was the case then Miami would lose every year in the second round.
I know your going to say at least we make the playoffs? but if you don't win it all then making the playoffs means NOTHING.

Re: hey ruler kid..........

Originally posted by dolfan06
the only thing thats gonna help the jets this year are "rose colored glasses!":rolleyes:
we will see big mouth. I'll bet you won't be ANYWHERE to be found when the Jets win the AFC east.

Re: Re: hey ruler kid..........

Originally posted by Jets_Rule
we will see big mouth. I'll bet you won't be ANYWHERE to be found when the Jets win the AFC east.
Yeah, like thats really gonna happen, file that under never!:p

btw, i have a link for you, read it and weep, you're worse than the pats!

Re: Re: Re: hey ruler kid..........

Originally posted by dolfan06
Yeah, like thats really gonna happen, file that under never!:p

btw, i have a link for you, read it and weep, you're worse than the pats!
didn't they ALL say that about the Pats last year? and the Ravens year before that? and the Rams year before that? what did these 3 teams do that year?

Back
Top Bottom