You Miami Fans Will Be Very... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Miami Fans Will Be Very...

Originally posted by mannyfresh
personally, i would have analyzed a team that resembles the bills, like the kansas city chiefs. i think this gives a more accurate account of your predicted outcome for many reasons....... one being the fact that u played them already, they have an offense like ours and they have a defense like ours.

The final score of that game was 48-30 i think.

Lets see what happened----

They amassed 450 total yards
average gain 6.7 yards
you got intercepted 4 times ( i imagine because you were forced to compete through the air, proving your comeback capability useless, the more u guys throw, the more prone to turnovers u guys are)
you did not get one sack on KC
williams was held for 14carries 66yards

My point here is you are facing a team similar to kansas city, you dont have your starting Qb, who threw 4 ints that game, i cant imagine lucas not throwing one on sunday, You are more prone to mistakes when u are down, your team is going up against a better Qb in bledsoe and WR's.

so if we win, were better, no matter what ur record is after the game. And by the way Houston has a great defense, this is compounded by the fact that their offense often makes the defense play much of the game.

I am sorry...Jay Remiersma(sp) is no Tony Gonzalas and Travis Henry is not Priest Holmes. For your offense to resemble the K.C. offense you would need the number one rusher and the number one T.E. in the league.

Best re-think your logic

Not to mention the Fins were without Patrick Surtain for the KC game.

No offense afinistrator but Jay is VERY good, he led the league 2 years in a row- He was injured and thats why he didnt last year.

Originally posted by Quizlet
No offense afinistrator but Jay is VERY good, he led the league 2 years in a row- He was injured and thats why he didnt last year.

I agree Quizlet Jay R. is a very good TE. I watched his career at Michigan closely and new whatever team picked him was getting a hell of a TE.
But he's no Tony Gonzalas.

Is he a Pro Bowl player that can force you to arrange your defense around him?
No?
Then he's not as good as Tony Gonzalez. Case closed.

personally, i would have analyzed a team that resembles the bills, like the kansas city chiefs. i think this gives a more accurate account of your predicted outcome for many reasons....... one being the fact that u played them already, they have an offense like ours and they have a defense like ours.

Sorry, but you lack the one single MAJOR ingredient to make your theory valid....

Gonzo.

Plain and simple... if it weren't for him, we would have won that game... and you don't have a TE that even comes close to creating the mismatches that he did...

Let me begin with a basic assumption, that u may or may not agree with. statisics tells us past numbers for teams, it is mainly used as a guide for predictibilty of future games.
we use these predictions to assert our probabilities of future outcomes. (thats where we get odds from).

To quote you i will use statistics , fact and logic.
It is a fact, the miami dolphins have lost their starting QB and one of their WR's. Buffalo has lost a starting tackle and starting CB(winfield). I would conclude that we have the upperhand here, because i believe the Qb is the most important player on the football field. Yours is out ours still in, therefore we win in the health category and id say offense. Buffalo plus 1

You do have a better running game, but no so much better as to conclude that it will drastically affect the outcome of the game.(though it may). id say even for both teams

your defense is better..lol......next!!!! miami 1

However, i think your method of analysis is wrong. Instead of analyazing a team that resembles the bills, you decided to analyze every team we have played and every team you have played. i think that is folly

The final score of that game was 48-30 i think.

Lets see what happened----

They amassed 450 total yards
average gain 6.7 yards
you got intercepted 4 times ( i imagine because you were forced to compete through the air, proving your comeback capability useless, the more u guys throw, the more prone to turnovers u guys are)
you did not get one sack on KC
williams was held for 14carries 66yards

My point here is you are facing a team similar to kansas city, you dont have your starting Qb, who threw 4 ints that game, i cant imagine lucas not throwing one on sunday, You are more prone to mistakes when u are down, your team is going up against a better Qb in bledsoe and WR's.

so if we win, were better, no matter what ur record is after the game. And by the way Houston has a great defense, this is compounded by the fact that their offense often makes the defense play much of the game.

God that was one of the most ****amamy set of suppositions that I've ever seen....even for a Bills fan.

I mean, I can respect Quizlet in a way. You know why? Because he just doesn't look these things up a whole lot, you can tell. I mean he basically came on here not even knowing how many points the Dolphins offense has scored. He just goes by what he hears or whatever, he didn't look any of this stuff up. So when he's wrong, and he ended up being wrong on multiple occasions, its pretty much just simple mistake for him. Something he didn't know.

Mannyfresh on the other hand does the best job I've ever seen of trying to twist stats and facts. I mean he really does it all with this piece of artwork quoted above. Comes up with his own (****amamy) valuation system for evaluating injuries, aspects of the game, etc. I mean, if you really look at it (and this is great) he gives Buffalo the edge in the injury situation because they are missing a starting CB and RT, while we're missing a starting QB and WR...and gives Buffalo a whole point for this. This point is SOOOO important, that it completely counteracts the advantage that our defense has over their defense. That was really funny.

Oh and then he tries to say that the Bills offense is like the Kansas City offense?? Oh please, come on. The only connection between these two offenses is their ability to score points. But they do it in completely different ways! KC has the best RB in the league, Priest Holmes, and they get like 180 rushing yards a game out of him or something like that. They also have an all-world Tight End, Tony Gonzales, who is featured up and down the field especially in the red zone. They are a team that puts the ball in Priest and Tony's hands, as much as they can. The Bills are a team whose strength is the QUARTERBACK and the WIDE RECEIVERS, not the runningback and tight ends. Jay Riemersma? Please! He's a has-been! Comparing him to Tony Gonzales is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Meanwhile Travis Henry sure does manage to look good...only a THIRD OF THE TIME. He's had two good games and 4 games in which he was a non-factor. He only lights up the field running a third of the games. Its too bad he manages to fumble FULLTIME rather than only a third of the time. Do you realize that he's only had one game this year in which he did NOT put the ball on the ground?

The Kansas City Chiefs??? Thats like comparing the 1999 Washington Redskins under Norv Turner to the 1999 St Louis Rams under Vermeil/Martz just because they both happened to be the most effective offenses at scoring points.

Keep'em rolling manny. This is just too funny.

good grief, i chicken peck, do you know how long it would be for me to type something like that.........................!

Originally posted by RikWriter

Is he a Pro Bowl player that can force you to arrange your defense around him?
No?
Then he's not as good as Tony Gonzalez. Case closed.

I believe that Gonzalez acts as a reciever for the team doesnt have anyone else to throw to. Thats why defenses change around him

To quote you i will use statistics , fact and logic.
It is a fact, the miami dolphins have lost their starting QB and one of their WR's. Buffalo has lost a starting tackle and starting CB(winfield). I would conclude that we have the upperhand here, because i believe the Qb is the most important player on the football field. Yours is out ours still in, therefore we win in the health category and id say offense. Buffalo plus 1

Yes In the BILLS offense the QB is the most important position because without Bledsoe the Bills are a 3-13 team.

In the DOLPHINS offense the QB is one of many parts that make it work, Why? Because the Fins actually have a consistant running game and are by far a more balanced team.
For instance,
Jay is out Ray is in, so we run the ball more because of the RW factor, playaction becomes a huge factor and it opens up the passing game, thus Miami scores without Jay.

Bledsoe goes down, who do you rely on? your backup QB?
Travis Henry?

In conclusion us losing Jay isn't anything like you losing Drew.

I believe that Gonzalez acts as a reciever for the team doesnt have anyone else to throw to. Thats why defenses change around him

You believe incorrectly. But that's not surprising.

Wrong. Eddie Kennison and Jonnie Morton have been involved in a lot of plays. Gonzo gets most of the pases because he is the best reciever. Gotta say though, you haven't responded to parrothead. Why is that??

Originally posted by Hellion

Yes In the BILLS offense the QB is the most important position because without Bledsoe the Bills are a 3-13 team.

In the DOLPHINS offense the QB is one of many parts that make it work, Why? Because the Fins actually have a consistant running game and are by far a more balanced team.
For instance,
Jay is out Ray is in, so we run the ball more because of the RW factor, playaction becomes a huge factor and it opens up the passing game, thus Miami scores without Jay.

Bledsoe goes down, who do you rely on? your backup QB?
Travis Henry?

In conclusion us losing Jay isn't anything like you losing Drew.
excellent post, hellion!:up:

I didnt write back because i wen to bed.....sorry but im back now. well im glad to know that at least we are debating....whether u agree or not....and it deosnt seem to personal, so gimme a couple minutes...let me counter-point all u guys have said

Back
Top Bottom