You Miami Fans Will Be Very... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You Miami Fans Will Be Very...

Originally posted by dolfan06
excellent post, hellion!:up:

Thanks 06!

:cry: You guys like me, you really really like me!

:D

Can't wait manny.

But let me beat you to the punch. Lemme guess. You're going to have a big long defense of my challenge to Travis Henry's ability...aren't you?

Thats fine. Because in 2 of the 4 games in which Travis Henry had less than 68 yards rushing, he had averages of 5.7 and 3.9 ypc which isn't terribly bad. He also had some catches. But this in itself merely proves my point that the Buffalo Bills' offensive identity is nothing like the Kansas City Chiefs' offensive identity. The Chiefs run their game through Priest Holmes first and foremost. The Bills only do it through Travis Henry when it suits them...against teams like the Jets and the Texans. So yeah maybe Travis Henry deserves a tad bit more credit than I let on because his yardage totals and TDs are decent (although, Lamar Smith's have been as well in the past, and present). Still doesn't change the fact that the Bills offensive identity is completely different from the Chiefs' and therefore you exploratory analysis of how the Chiefs did against the Phins, is irrelevant.

Originally posted by WharfRat

...but you're still not getting my bud light!!! :D :happydrin

:lol:

Thats ok I'm more of a Budwieser and Capt. Morgan & coke kinda guy.

:drinkers: cheers

Well it seems the biggest counter-point i am forced to respond to is the statement.... that kansas city is NOT comparable to the bills. You guys rely some basic premisies to validate your arguement One, Tony Gonzalez's natural ability to create mis-matches. Two, the proclaimation that Priest holmes is the best RB in the leauge. three, the claim that our advantages in health are over-exaggerated.

Lets start with the TE's. Now i am not saying that one of our TE's is better than KC's, rather they are comparable, we have two very capable TE's who probably, if combined are even with Tony gonzalez. The way i see it, we do have Tony Gonzalez, dave and Jay both have qualities that he has and combined, in all fairness i have to conclude that our TE threat is just a little below TG.

Secondly, the notion that Priest Holmes is the best RB in the leauge. yea sure ok, i agree with you. However, just because he is the best does not mean you are not vulnerable to a very capable Running game. yea, sure ours is not up to par, but combined with your injuries on offense that will surely affect your defense, i think it is fair to conclude that our runing game will be a major threat. after all travis is 110 carries for 500 yards and 7tds. whats that a 4.5 yard average, lets take away .5 on his average, that leaves 4.0 per carry, hmmmmm still not bad. stil a threat.

Now you claim that i over-exaggerated the advantage we have over you guys in the injury department? Now, this is interesting in many ways. One, hellion stated that you have a very balanced team. yet, he also mentioned that surtain was missing for the Kc game. balanced team? i dont know thats up for debate, but missing surtain for the KC game? well thats absolutely true, i mean yea! he wasnt playing.
however, ONE injury in the KC game(surtain) led to 48 points scored on you guys. well id have to question the resolve of your balance, clearly the 'balance' wasnt there in the KC game now was it hellion?
for that reason, and that reason alone is why i chose to 'over exaggerate' your health statuses and how it affects your game plane. Because, as we have seen in the past, your team broke down in the face of one important injury.

Now you guys werent so balanced when Surtain was gone, but now you have no JF, no Orande gadsen and a possibly nervous Chambers. i would say you guys are in fact over exaggerating your resolve through health injuries, so far all i know is that u guys crumbled with just one injury.

a big long defense of henry??.............lol...nAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
id rather just attack! attack! attack! your record on how good u guys are when there are injuries to key positions, like i did above!

First off don't blame our inefficiency during the Chiefs game on Patrick Surtain's absence. It was part of it, but Jamar Fletcher wasn't the one that got burnt like toast. It was Arturo Freeman, Zach Thomas, and Sam Madison...and interestingly enough all by the SAME GUY. Thats right, Tony Gonzales. The second part of the reason we got beat so badly is because our defensive line got handled by Kansas City's AWESOME offensive line. This is the only part where we really missed Surtain interestingly enough because Surtain's absence meant we couldn't bail out the DL with some blitz packages.

The notion that Tony Gonzales is comparable or on par with your two TEs is completely laughable. There is no COMBINING guys with different skills. This isn't Bionic Man, made from the superior parts of different people to become the ultimate warrior. Heck if that was the case then having Hunter Goodwin on the roster right now coupled with Randy McMichael would give us the ultimate Tight End, a guy nobody could compare with with Randy McMichael's catching ability and Hunter Goodwins blocking ability.

This is just not the case and its really funny that you'd even TRY to say that you're two Tight Ends give you a TE situation on par with Tony Gonzales. Get a grip dude.

What makes you say that we are vulnerable to the running game? I mean, its a statement that you just kind of belt out without any kind of reasoning behind it whatsoever and you act as if you've just made a "point" You haven't.

You still haven't made your case whatsoever that the Bills offense is comparable to the Chiefs offense. The Chiefs offense is run through Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzales. The Bills offense is run through Drew Bledsoe and the WRs, with Travis Henry being a mere afterthought. Those are different identities completely. COMPLETELY.

Wake me up when you make a point.

Originally posted by mannyfresh
Well it seems the biggest counter-point i am forced to respond to is the statement.... that kansas city is NOT comparable to the bills.

No, that would be what we call "projection." Your whole argument seems to be that the Bills ARE Kansas City. Which of course leaves aside the reality that you do not have Priest Holmes AND the reality that Miami would likely have won that game if Surtain had played.

Lets start with the TE's. Now i am not saying that one of our TE's is better than KC's, rather they are comparable, we have two very capable TE's who probably, if combined are even with Tony gonzalez.

ROFLMAO!! THIS has to be the worst sophistry I've even seen passsed for logic on a sports message board! This is like a team saying "well, we don't have Marshall Faulk on our team, but we have Skip Hicks and James Jackson and together they are even with Faulk."
Good grief, what do the schools teach kids nowadays...

Secondly, the notion that Priest Holmes is the best RB in the leauge. yea sure ok, i agree with you. However, just because he is the best does not mean you are not vulnerable to a very capable Running game. yea, sure ours is not up to par, but combined with your injuries on offense that will surely affect your defense, i think it is fair to conclude that our runing game will be a major threat. after all travis is 110 carries for 500 yards and 7tds. whats that a 4.5 yard average, lets take away .5 on his average, that leaves 4.0 per carry, hmmmmm still not bad. stil a threat.

Actually no, your running game is pitiful. You got off FINALLY against a pathetic Houston Texans defense, but it is truly horrible. You might actually get a few yards running though because we will likely play the Bills the way we played Indy----key on the pass and let the runner have a little room. Except Henry won't be as successful as Edgerrin James because well, Henry isn't a good running back.

Now you claim that i over-exaggerated the advantage we have over you guys in the injury department?

No, it isn't a claim, it's the fact. In fact, nearly everything you've posted has been pure exaggeration if not outright false statement.

Ahhh I see!

Where did I say that Surtain being out was WHY the defense played poorly?
I mearly stated that he wasn't playing, which curtainly didn't help things but wasn't the main reason for the break down.
And I have stated in past posts about Tony G. killing us.

And if you are going to say that the Fins are not a balanced team then go watch some football.

As far as tha KC game goes they played an outstanding game on both sides of the ball, not because Surtain wasn't there but because Tony G. was a complete mismatch to our LBers,

But they beat us with a weapon that the Bills don't have, the TE.
Tony G. is a god among boys as far as TEs go so you comparing the Bills to Tony is moronic at best.You could combine them all you want and they do not compare.

Tell me, how is the running game effected be Jay and Gadsen not being there. Please your ignorance of the Dolphins ia SHINNING thru.

Is Miami Balanced yes they are. Solid offense solid defense.
If Bledsoe goes down so does their season.

But saying that Miami lost to KC because of Surtain is ridiculous.

I was only stating that it didn't help that he wasn't playing but infact even if he was there we lose. But remember Surtain missed 2 games. How did the Dolphins do without him in the other game?

Lets face it Manny you know that if Bledsoe goes down so do the Bills.

Fisrt off, houston has a great defense. and i didnt say there werent balanced when healthy, i questioned the reslove to maitain their balance through adversity

First off, houston has a great defense. and i didnt say they werent balanced when healthy, i questioned the dolphin reslove to maintain their balance through adversity.

Originally posted by mannyfresh
i wouldnt say our running game is pitiful either.

That's okay, I said it for you.
And yes, Houston's defense is horrible.

Back
Top Bottom