"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!"

Slater has a slim chance to fall to #18..but we could get players like:

But Christian Darrisaw or someone like the super athletic Samuel Cossi may bet there at #18 or beyond.

I also like AVT and Leatherwood (in round 2) at guard.

Dickerson and Creed Humphrey at C, as well as Josh Meyers...

There are options! Not just @ #6....not #6...not @ #6..please, god..tell me we didn't trade a first rounder for a T. :bobdole: :bobdole: :bobdole:
QUINN MEINERZ is an option at C, too..don't forget him....and Dickerson and him can both play G, too.

Slater has a slim chance to fall to #18..but we could get players like:

But Christian Darrisaw or someone like the super athletic Samuel Cossi may bet there at #18 or beyond.

I also like AVT and Leatherwood (in round 2) at guard.

Dickerson and Creed Humphrey at C, as well as Josh Meyers...

There are options! Not just @ #6....not #6...not @ #6..please, god..tell me we didn't trade a first rounder for a T. :bobdole: :bobdole: :bobdole:
I can understand the frustration.

But I see the flip side. We gained a 1st in 2023 to draft the tackle we would have at 3.

I know this has been discussed along. I am on the side that we just traded down to 6 not up from 12.

Looking at it that way, I am ok with a T at 6.

However, due to how the trades were announced, I get how it looked great, than looked messed up and like we gave up alot to move up to 6.

If they announced it like a 3 way trade people might feel better about the trade. They may not like our overall net value, but the optics of going to 12 than back up to 6 would have never been there. It would have just been us going from 3 to 6

I can understand the frustration.

But I see the flip side. We gained a 1st in 2023 to draft the tackle we would have at 3.

I know this has been discussed along. I am on the side that we just traded down to 6 not up from 12.

Looking at it that way, I am ok with a T at 6.

However, due to how the trades were announced, I get how it looked great, than looked messed up and like we gave up alot to move up to 6.

If they announced it like a 3 way trade people might feel better about the trade. They may not like our overall net value, but the optics of going to 12 than back up to 6 would have never been there. It would have just been us going from 3 to 6
Sure..but I don't wanna tackle at #6..Pitts > Any tackle..Wr is debatable..but yeah. If Pitts is even there.

T and WR can be had later than #6.

Willing to believe the hype on Pitts, but even a good enough QB like Tannehill can succeed with a good O-line and mediocre wide receivers. There’s also a high bust rate for receivers in taken in the top ten.
So maybe it’s a toss-up between Chase and Sewell at 6. But if both Pitts and and Chase are gone, take Sewell see the run game and pass game both improve as a result.

QUINN MEINERZ is an option at C, too..don't forget him....and Dickerson and him can both play G, too.
I can't decide where he'll go in the draft but after those senior bowl 1 on 1s he put the world on notice and I have to assume he's gone by the 2nd round, so maybe he's gotta be pick #50. He's got the size, demeanor and strength to be an impact starter at center, potentially after a single year of backup duty.

Josh Myers is a good prospect in the 3rd round as well - I like his ability with shotgun snaps and his intelligence. I just dont see how you look at our OL group and say we absolutely need a top 6 pick at OT. It makes no sense. Especially when pick #12 would've likely gotten you an extra 1st rounder in 2022 -AND- the #1 Center/#1B OT prospect)
sigh......keep on looking for the "perfect" O-line and we'll never draft nothing but O-line.
Can I like a post twice? Just asking.

Last edited:
Sure..but I don't wanna tackle at #6..Pitts > Any tackle..Wr is debatable..but yeah. If Pitts is even there.

T and WR can be had later than #6.
Thats true.

Pitts is far superior to #2 te
Was many 1st and 2nd round options
Tackle- a few

So disparity of position plus team needs, I can understand the Pitts pick.

I am just not on Pitts bandwagon. Will still be happy if we draft him though
Any of the 5 offensive talents I would take at 6 and be happy

Thats true.

Pitts is far superior to #2 te
Was many 1st and 2nd round options
Tackle- a few

So disparity of position plus team needs, I can understand the Pitts pick.

I am just not on Pitts bandwagon. Will still be happy if we draft him though
Any of the 5 offensive talents I would take at 6 and be happy
Gotcha.

Just with Pitts being so unique, his talent stands alone.

WR and Tackle there are SOME good options to be had after #6..especially WR, WHICH HAS A LOT OF GOOD OPTIONS IN 1ST, 2ND AND 3RD ROUNDS.

I really think Pitts goes #4 to Atlanta or whoever they trade it to. Either way, keeping #6, you have a choice of whoever is left between Pitts, Chase, or Sewell. If ATL takes Pitts and CIN takes Chase, we should take Sewell over the 3rd best "receiver" in the draft.

At 18 or 36 you can get a starting receiver (Bateman, Toney, Moore,. The draft always goes different that these experts predict, someone always falls further than expected and some are termed "a reach".

No overthinking, just take who is left of Sewell, Chase or Pitts. We will be in prime postion for trade downs if someone falls unexpectedly as well. Everything is on the table! Cant wait for April 29!!

I really think Pitts goes #4 to Atlanta or whoever they trade it to. Either way, keeping #6, you have a choice of whoever is left between Pitts, Chase, or Sewell. If ATL takes Pitts and CIN takes Chase, we should take Sewell over the 3rd best "receiver" in the draft.

At 18 or 36 you can get a starting receiver (Bateman, Toney, Moore,. The draft always goes different that these experts predict, someone always falls further than expected and some are termed "a reach".

No overthinking, just take who is left of Sewell, Chase or Pitts. We will be in prime postion for trade downs if someone falls unexpectedly as well. Everything is on the table! Cant wait for April 29!!
And why couldn't we take a receiver at 6 and an OT at 18?

And why couldn't we take a receiver at 6 and an OT at 18?

I think so many people are demanding Sewell if Chase and Pitts are gone because they think "well third choice as a pass catcher << the top choice of a lineman!" and I get the logic in a vacuum... but I Just dont think you get the same value out of Sewell that you get out of Waddle in this offense

Back
Top Bottom