"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!" | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!"

I agree with this for the Bengals, as they have a hole at Tackle. We don't though. If we draft OL, it needs to be a guy who can play G/C, and maybe 2 of those guys, for next year. That can come in rounds 2 and 3 though.

I think so many people are demanding Sewell if Chase and Pitts are gone because they think "well third choice as a pass catcher << the top choice of a lineman!" and I get the logic in a vacuum... but I Just dont think you get the same value out of Sewell that you get out of Waddle in this offense
Waddle or Smith. That's a fancy stat with the QBR differences between pressure and no pressure, but Sewell doesn't solve that alone. He only solves 20% of it.

I'd rather have someone that Tua can throw it to quickly that can actually get yards as opposed to dropping it or falling down on first touch. Right now we're in a situation where if the play doesn't break down, we can't even take advantage of it anyway as it's not like Tua has the breakdown on every snap, so what's the expectations if it happens less often? So what? Our guys don't inspire fear in anybody and people can blitz us easily because they can single cover anybody we have without something bad happening.

I celebrate my 17th wedding anniversary on Sat. 17 years ago we were fixing the O line using the first rounder on Vernon Carey. I made us stop on our honeymoon and watch the first round at a bar. 17 years later, we're still fixing the O line. If we use 6 on an OL player my new iPhone is going to be in the canal behind my house. We need weapons. Yes, the OL needs to protect better but we have three players now in their sophomore season who should be improved. A better O line doesn't make the current bunch of daffodils stay healthy and catch.

Waddle or Smith. That's a fancy stat with the QBR differences between pressure and no pressure, but Sewell doesn't solve that alone. He only solves 20% of it.

I'd rather have someone that Tua can throw it to quickly that can actually get yards as opposed to dropping it or falling down on first touch. Right now we're in a situation where if the play doesn't break down, we can't even take advantage of it anyway as it's not like Tua has the breakdown on every snap, so what's the expectations if it happens less often? So what? Our guys don't inspire fear in anybody and people can blitz us easily because they can single cover anybody we have without something bad happening.
Total brain fart leaving Smith out there. I nearly wrote "The Bama Boys". Agreed with the rest as well!

Sewell also training for Right Tackle.

"Then there is the case of Miami at No. 6. With Tua Tagovailoa being a lefty, the right side is his blindside. If the Dolphins decided to further invest in the O-line despite recent high draft picks at the tackle spots, they could ask a player like Sewell to switch sides in order to secure their lefty's backside."

Fitz is the greatest journeyman QB of all time. No other player has had an NFL career like him, it's actually pretty amazing to be honest.
They inducted Leon Russell into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame as a side-man. Elton inducted him and spoke glowingly of Leon's impact...

It will never happen, but Ryan deserves this sort of accolade. What he's done is amazing.

I will preface this by saying that I want us to focus on weapons and front 7 with the early part of the draft and I also think Robert hunt had a rookie season at RT that is criminally underrated by a lot of people on this board. However, if we do go the Sewell route and kick hunt inside, I think I could run for 4 ypc behind a right side of Hunt, Sewell, and Smythe

Kindly was mauling all year. Hunts a guard by nature not a tackle. Jackson can play the right side very well.
Respectfully disagree.

Kindley was terrible in pass protection, Jackson was overall terrible after returning from injury.

Hunt was terrific at RT and by far our best linemen.

I will preface this by saying that I want us to focus on weapons and front 7 with the early part of the draft and I also think Robert hunt had a rookie season at RT that is criminally underrated by a lot of people on this board. However, if we do go the Sewell route and kick hunt inside, I think I could run for 4 ypc behind a right side of Hunt, Sewell, and Smythe
Keep in mind that the word on Hunt was that most thought he might become an adequate RT, but that his ceiling at Guard was Pro Bowl player.

I think way too many people here are willing to settle for Hunt being in his worst position.

If we move him to Guard, it will emphasize the things he does well, and mask the things he does less well.

We talk a lot about finding elite players... saying that Hunt is not elite at Tackle is not saying that he wont be league average there.

Back
Top Bottom