"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!"

Actually... I believe that Flowers graded out as the best lineman from last year... not the worst.

That said, he was only league average, while the rest of our line was worse.

The rookies, however, should get better and I expect that they will surpass Flowers this year, hopefully in training camp.

The question is... do we bring in a Guard to replace Flowers, or move the Guard we already have (Hunt) to his correct position and bring in a foundational Tackle.
Don't need to bring in a G or T @ #6, though..could even be done at #36 or #50.

Remember also the resources we used on the Oline also didn’t get a chance to go through training camp etc. Wasn’t Austin Jackson out of FB for a little bit because of the bone marrow donation to his sister?

Point being even if you draft Sewell these guys needs time to really gel.

Tua was sacked 20 times last year in 10 games...

That rate is better than many QBs in the NFL...

Exactly how bad was the o line?
I don’t know that simple numbers reflect the level of play of the OL. All I heard was complaints that Tua didn’t throw downfield. Maybe a clean pocket for 4 seconds would cure that.

I don’t know that simple numbers reflect the level of play of the OL. All I heard was complaints that Tua didn’t throw downfield. Maybe a clean pocket for 4 seconds would cure that.

The OL started coming apart down the stretch. Flowers got hurt, Jackson, Kindley etc. Prior to that we were all amazing to see what a quality pocket looked like for a Qb.

I would add a later round guy. But overall with an addition year off experience and time in the offseason etc I expect this guys to improve by a lot. Especially the rookies!

Stop it.

Hunt is a Guard.

He came in healthy after missing the first part of the season because he wasn't good enough to start initially, and then mostly succeeded in run blocking. His lateral movement skills are still poor and asking him to man the blind side is an accident waiting to happen.

Yes, by all means yes, moving Hunt back to his real position of Right Guard is the way we should be going.

I mean you're just flat out wrong. The fact that you're so sure of yourself is the funny part.

He wasn't just good in run blocking, he was incredible. His pass blocking looked improved with every game. PFF even picked him as a top breakout player.

"MIAMI DOLPHINS: T ROBERT HUNT
Miami’s offensive line in 2020 was probably worse than it looked given how well the unit was protected by scheme and the team's quarterbacks. But one young player who did impress was Robert Hunt at right tackle. Two of his first three starts were ugly, but after that, he was remarkably solid and had some genuinely accomplished games down the stretch.

Hunt allowed 23 total pressures as a rookie and had four games with a PFF run-blocking grade above 80.0 in the second half of the season. He may have to negotiate the potential arrival of Penei Sewell in the draft, but if Hunt enters 2021 as a starter again at right tackle, he could have a fine season."

Also, you still haven't answered my question:

"Are you saying you wanna draft a guy a #6 overall and have him (Sewell) switch positions?"

I mean you're just flat out wrong. The fact that you're so sure of yourself is the funny part.

He wasn't just good in run blocking, he was incredible. His pass blocking looked improved with every game. PFF even picked him as a top breakout player.

"MIAMI DOLPHINS: T ROBERT HUNT
Miami’s offensive line in 2020 was probably worse than it looked given how well the unit was protected by scheme and the team's quarterbacks. But one young player who did impress was Robert Hunt at right tackle. Two of his first three starts were ugly, but after that, he was remarkably solid and had some genuinely accomplished games down the stretch.

Hunt allowed 23 total pressures as a rookie and had four games with a PFF run-blocking grade above 80.0 in the second half of the season. He may have to negotiate the potential arrival of Penei Sewell in the draft, but if Hunt enters 2021 as a starter again at right tackle, he could have a fine season."

Also, you still haven't answered my question:

"Are you saying you wanna draft a guy a #6 overall and have him (Sewell) switch positions?"
He won't answer..it'll be more...

61lIIJTqBrL.jpg

He was under constant pressure in most of the games and it was only his ability to get rid of the ball quickly and to move around in the pocket which prevented more sacks.

If you are happy with the play of the OL, I certainly won’t sit here and argue with you. I just think they need to find a better LG and a long term answer at the center position but I also understand that there are a lot of posters on here who are tired of seeing them draft offensive linemen year after year and ignore the skill position players.

That is why I hope they draft a receiver at six and hopefully take a RB in the first three round. I just wouldn’t be upset if they drafted a center and a guard with 2 of their picks in the top 50.
People have months of reasons for why Tua needs time to develop...

The o line doesn't get that same consideration I guess.

What? So two games? The line was pretty decent last year w all of those rookies and injuries. It will be improved this year. Who takes a tackle 1a two years in a row?
Im with you. I think our young guys did great and show a Lot of promise.
I was giving excuses for them and why the overall rating of our line was down.

If none of these guys improve from last year, we would be buggered, but that seems unlikely.
However with all the coaching turnover we've had.....

PFF felt Hunt was playing well late last year and has a lot of upside.
Then some fans on here just KNOW Hunt can never be a good tackle.

My memory pushes me towards the former here, not the latter.

If Hunt can play RT, then we're putting this Sewell talk in the trash, no?

Skura is young? He might have 'the yips' with snapping the ball and his leg health is suspect. Im definitely looking at C as a 2nd-round need. Plus, Im sick of 'musical chairs' at the position.
Ok. We disagree.
I'll keep my Pitchfork in the barn. You go ahead and grab yours before the guy even plays a down for us.

Back
Top Bottom