"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!"

'

What gave you that impression? "Hunt will be given the chance to fail at Tackle" That quote is straight for the Dolphins FO. Hunt was also very highly graded at RT the last few games.

Are you saying you wanna draft a guy a #6 overall and have him switch positions?
Stop it.

Hunt is a Guard.

He came in healthy after missing the first part of the season because he wasn't good enough to start initially, and then mostly succeeded in run blocking. His lateral movement skills are still poor and asking him to man the blind side is an accident waiting to happen.

Yes, by all means yes, moving Hunt back to his real position of Right Guard is the way we should be going.

You'll get more significant results on your OL from upgrading your worst player than by upgrading your best one. Its as simple as that. So yeah #6 on OL is flat out overkill here especially after the route they went in last year's draft... Time to calm down here and realize we dont need the best OL in the NFL, OK will suffice.
I honestly feel that we have a starting 5, after that 1st year of development, that can get it done to better than 'average'. So, I really agree that depth or maybe replacing the Worst of this starting five makes sense. The worst of this bunch, right now, is Flowers, and he's a cap casualty cut the day after our 2021 season ends.

The original article is correct, and you can tell that it is correct by those frenzied screams from the little girl contingent that thinks we might not get the shiny my-little-pony that they want for their birthday.

Almost every QB in the league will tell you they'd rather have a quality line... and our little girls get the vapors. "Nooooo... but we know more than those guys", they hysterically squeal.

It's like clockwork.

That's " Lemmings " for you.

Watching them "pucker up" can be amusing when it isn't phissing me off. LOL

If we draft Sewell he is the starting tackle.
We don't need a Center we have Skura. Why would we ever draft a Center in the second round when we just signed a young, talented Center?
Skura is young? He might have 'the yips' with snapping the ball and his leg health is suspect. Im definitely looking at C as a 2nd-round need. Plus, Im sick of 'musical chairs' at the position.

That's " Lemmings " for you.

Watching them "pucker up" can be amusing when it isn't phissing me off. LOL
They've developed a narrative... The Chiefs this and the Chiefs that...

Bandwagon fans have done this for decades, they jump on the latest fad, act like they, themselves invented it, and then scream that it is THE only way to get anything done.

They flock together in groups and squawk loudly at anyone who disagrees, like the bully kids in High School who tormented the arts kids who were actually smarter than they were.

Lol. We’re gonna pass on Sewell because Michael Dieter is on the roster. Lol.
No but we used our 1a on Action Jackson last year and also drafted Hunt and Kindley. We’ve also drafted more o-linemen in the first round than any team since 2000. And look how good that’s turned out. If what these guys are saying in the segment was that simple, the 25+ QBs we’ve trotted out over that time period would have been at least good. And minus Tannehill and Moore (they both had their moments) everyone else sucked azzzzzz.

Tua was sacked 20 times last year in 10 games...

That rate is better than many QBs in the NFL...

Exactly how bad was the o line?
Vick Fangio and Rod Marinelli totally bitchslapped Chan Gailey last year. Plus, Jackson and Kindley were hurting.
The line stunts and Gailey's crap schemes got Tua killed in those 2 games. Fitz came in to the Raider game and 'Raiders gonna Raider' as much as Fitz played hero-ball.

They've developed a narrative... The Chiefs this and the Chiefs that...

Bandwagon fans have done this for decades, they jump on the latest fad, act like they, themselves invented it, and then scream that it is THE only way to get anything done.

They flock together in groups and squawk loudly at anyone who disagrees, like the bully kids in High School who tormented the arts kids who were actually smarter than they were.
Blah_Blah_Blah.jpg

Vick Fangio and Rod Marinelli totally bitchslapped Chan Gailey last year. Plus, Jackson and Kindley were hurting.
The line stunts and Gailey's crap schemes got Tua killed in those 2 games. Fitz came in to the Raider game and 'Raiders gonna Raider' as much as Fitz played hero-ball.
What? So two games? The line was pretty decent last year w all of those rookies and injuries. It will be improved this year. Who takes a tackle 1a two years in a row?

No but we used our 1b on Action Jackson last year and also drafted Hunt and Kindley. We’ve also drafted more o-linemen in the first round than any team since 2000. And look how good that’s turned out. If what these guys are saying in the segment was that simple, the 25+ QBs we’ve trotted out over that time period would have been at least good. And minus Tannehill and Moore (they both had their moments) everyone else sucked azzzzzz.
fixed it.

I honestly feel that we have a starting 5, after that 1st year of development, that can get it done to better than 'average'. So, I really agree that depth or maybe replacing the Worst of this starting five makes sense. The worst of this bunch, right now, is Flowers, and he's a cap casualty cut the day after our 2021 season ends.
Actually... I believe that Flowers graded out as the best lineman from last year... not the worst.

That said, he was only league average, while the rest of our line was worse.

The rookies, however, should get better and I expect that they will surpass Flowers this year, hopefully in training camp.

The question is... do we bring in a Guard to replace Flowers, or move the Guard we already have (Hunt) to his correct position and bring in a foundational Tackle.

Back
Top Bottom