"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"You want a better quarterback? Get Penei Sewell!"

They actually did purchase a center and a left guard last year and that didn’t do much to improve the offensive line.
The reality is that offensive line play is not that good across the league and the few teams with solid offensive lines are generally the teams that make the playoffs.

The Dolphins need to hire someone in their personnel department who is effective in recognizing quality offensive line play. Because they have done a poor job overall in selecting quality offensive linemen over the past decade. Hopefully the young offensive linemen they drafted last year will develop into solid starters but only time will tell.
Tua was sacked 20 times last year in 10 games...

That rate is better than many QBs in the NFL...

Exactly how bad was the o line?

The original article is correct, and you can tell that it is correct by those frenzied screams from the little girl contingent that thinks we might not get the shiny my-little-pony that they want for their birthday.

Almost every QB in the league will tell you they'd rather have a quality line... and our little girls get the vapors. "Nooooo... but we know more than those guys", they hysterically squeal.

It's like clockwork.

The original article is correct, and you can tell that it is correct by those frenzied screams from the little girl contingent that thinks we might not get the shiny my-little-pony that they want for their birthday.

Almost every QB in the league will tell you they'd rather have a quality line... and our little girls get the vapors. "Nooooo... but we know more than those guys", they hysterically squeal.

It's like clockwork.
Are you saying the only way to do that is draft Sewell?

Tua was sacked 20 times last year in 10 games...

That rate is better than many QBs in the NFL...

Exactly how bad was the o line?
He was under constant pressure in most of the games and it was only his ability to get rid of the ball quickly and to move around in the pocket which prevented more sacks.

If you are happy with the play of the OL, I certainly won’t sit here and argue with you. I just think they need to find a better LG and a long term answer at the center position but I also understand that there are a lot of posters on here who are tired of seeing them draft offensive linemen year after year and ignore the skill position players.

That is why I hope they draft a receiver at six and hopefully take a RB in the first three round. I just wouldn’t be upset if they drafted a center and a guard with 2 of their picks in the top 50.

Are you saying the only way to do that is draft Sewell?
No... I am saying that a dominant lineman is a QB's friend. Indeed, he is his best friend. Some QBs rave about their blind-side tackle, while others say the most important man on the field is their Center.

I'm not sure that I've ever heard a QB speak that highly about one of his receivers.

...and the thing is... OUR Center is a jag. OUR blind side Tackle is a Guard playing out of position. The two most important positions on our line are under-staffed.

Would Sewell be THE answer? Maybe... Tevin Jenkins at 18 might work, or Darrisaw...

But there will be a lot more WRs left @18, than there will be prime blind-side tackle candidates.

No... I am saying that a dominant lineman is a QB's friend. Indeed, he is his best friend. Some QBs rave about their blind-side tackle, while others say the most important man on the field is their Center.

I'm not sure that I've ever heard a QB speak that highly about one of his receivers.

...and the thing is... OUR Center is a jag. OUR blind side Tackle is a Guard playing out of position. The two most important positions on our line are under-staffed.

Would Sewell be THE answer? Maybe... Tevin Jenkins at 18 might work, or Darrisaw...

But there will be a lot more WRs left @18, than there will be prime blind-side tackle candidates.

Disagee..Tua is a lefty..should be good RT's left.... :shrug:

'
OUR blind side Tackle is a Guard playing out of position.

What gave you that impression? "Hunt will be given the chance to fail at Tackle." That quote is straight from the Dolphins FO. Hunt was also very highly graded at RT the last few games.

Are you saying you wanna draft a guy a #6 overall and have him switch positions?

(BTW I totally agree we should draft a center in the 2nd.)

Back
Top Bottom